Reviews for My father's eyes
Riku-Rocks chapter 6 . 3/29/2008
I rather liked this story. There are several grammatical errors throughout and a fair amount of smarm, but the plotline is solid and I enjoyed the way it connected into several scenes from the film. The characterisation is good, albeit slightly extreme, but no more so than it was in the films, so it's fitting. The explanations and brief looks into the charcters' minds are excellent. I like this author's take on Bill Turner and his relationship with/thoughts on his son.
Riku-Rocks chapter 2 . 3/28/2008
This story is interesting thus far. I enjoy the way this author is so consistent with characterisation and events from story to story. I especially enjoy the way Bill Turner is written.

There are several grammatical errors, mainly ragarding tense or subject-verb agreement, however, these do not disrupt the pace terribly, and are easily overshadowed by the intriguing plot.
Opera Dove chapter 3 . 10/6/2007
The starfish and healing was very clever.
Opera Dove chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
I like this one too.
Ellen chapter 3 . 6/13/2007
I was wondering if you spoke French; j'ai remarquee que tu as utilise le mot "certes" au lieu de "certain". XD

J'aime beaucoup cette histoire. C'est triste pour Bill...(
acacia59601 chapter 6 . 5/31/2007
Wow, this is a really neat little story! I look forward to reading it over and over!
kirallie chapter 6 . 5/29/2007
Great story! Liked how he healed him and the insight into what he was thinking.
Captain Lila Turner chapter 6 . 3/10/2007
Aw. That was so sweet!

~*~ Autumn ~*~
mypiratecat1 chapter 5 . 3/10/2007
Very well written - I enjoyed it. But in defense of my man, Jack... Jack had no intention of LEAVING Will with Jones... yes, he used him as a bargaining chip, but he tried his best to barter him back (when Jones refused, it was because it would be cruel to Jack, and that is a QUOTE from the writers, Terry and Ted - refer to the dvd commentary).

Also, when Jack and Jones "seal" their deal and shake on it, Jones removes the Black Spot, but does "something" to Jack - didn't anyone but me notice the look on Jack's face when Jack says to Gibbs, "I feel sullied (which means "soiled") and unusual"? This is NOT in the original script and has been addressed as some sort of mind control by Jones. So I am wishing that there would be less "Jack-bashing"... he isn't a saint, but is NOT the traitor that he is being made out to be (he could have left Will to Jones' crew during the last fight - instead he bashed Will in the head to control him and took him and Liz back to the Pearl - I remember in the first movie that Will bashed Jack in the head and left him!). Jack is the only one, other than Liz, that does not underestimate Will's abilities. I am hoping that Will and Jack end up friends at the end of the third movie - the "powers that be" (the writers and the director) say that they will be fighting on the same side again.

Sorry for the long review - the story was very good - I just had to defend Jack. He is a good man... for a pirate, remember!
just jacs chapter 6 . 2/16/2007
oh I liked this I really enjoted it. This was so well written
purplediamond7 chapter 6 . 2/15/2007
Nice and sweet! You know I love your story! I look forward to hearing more from you on Pirates of the Caribbean! Fantastic job!
PadawanCassy chapter 6 . 2/15/2007
Hello again,

That was good, like all your other stories I loved it...Keep up with all your great work!

Sapre Kench chapter 6 . 2/15/2007
One of the best Will / Bootstrap fanfics I'd read. Bravo.
heraldtaliar chapter 6 . 2/15/2007
I am so sorry I didn't review last time, especially after you sent me that nice note, but for some reason, did not notify me that Chapter 5 was posted! Anyway, now I've read both chapters and again, I have to tell you how glad I am that you pointed out that, despite how much we all love Jack, he really is a traitor and a selfish jerk when it comes to Will. (I have some pretty uncharitable thoughts about Elizabeth as well-like you said, poor Will is the only POTC character who is really noble and selfless.)

That was so sweet, how Bill was fantasizing about being a doting Pop Pop. I hope that in the movie, they provide our poor suffering Turners a happy ending. This was really good, and I'm sorry to see it's done-although I can understand why you don't want to go beyond what happened in DMC and risk having it undone by what happens in movie 3. Still, please write more POTC fics (or fics with any character played by Orli), and thanks so much for this one!
Lily-Anne chapter 6 . 2/15/2007
What a sweet ending!

You are one of the few authors who can stay faithful to the movie and still write a beautiful story. Well done, and thankyou!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »