Reviews for A Different Kind of Dark Lord
RedRangerBelt chapter 4 . 12/7/2009
So this is set in the time of the original Order of the Pheonix, then? When does Voldemort attack James and Lily? And why do I get the feeling Will knows about Peter?
Greensleeves the Great chapter 4 . 11/10/2008
Umm, you spelled phoenix wrong.

Otherwise, good story. Everyone's a little too calm though.

And yes, Will does sound like Artemis Fowl! haha!

Cheers,

Greensleeves
Fremma chapter 4 . 9/26/2008
An interesting idea mixing Will in with the older generation of HP...I do want to read more!
EverlastingDreamer chapter 4 . 7/4/2008
write more please! i luv the way you made will! he's so...i dunno...since i can't find a word, he's just the perfect will.
Nightwingrox chapter 4 . 1/1/2008
Update, Update, Update! Please? Really awsome. Nicely melded. I really like your choice of time period.
juliannaspencer21 chapter 4 . 10/7/2007
Please post soon, I hate it if people started posting their stories then say they won't continue... How irtating... i hope you will post soon beacuse your plot is inrteresting
Jjinks chapter 4 . 4/15/2007
There are so many things you could do with this, but what will you do?
sparkling-stone chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
Good job! One thing though. Try not to make Will too "showy". I mean, he probably wouldn't show off his powers (like when he made the fire appear in the grate) to people he had just met.

I like your idea of having the story set at about the time it was actually written. Keep up the good work! I love HP/TDIR crossovers.
sparkling-stone chapter 4 . 4/8/2007
Please update soon! I really like the story. Is Dumbledore going to meet Will? Please,please, update soon! I have nthing else to do except read fanfiction and no one seems to be updating! It is extremely annoying!
L'Ananda chapter 2 . 2/13/2007
Again, basic ideas are good, but a few discrepancies jarred me from the narrative. For one, the opening with Will ringing the doorbell at his own house is just awkward and probably unnecessary. Sirius, though young and reckless, probably would have spoken to Will a bit longer before being so open around him. Also, when describing how someone reacts to their brother's death, you should probably be more detailed. Further, I don't think Will would that bluntly tell Sirius about his brother.

Keep writing, I'd like to read more.
L'Ananda chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
I like this so far, but Remus' character is a little off. Would he known of the order of merlin at 19? If he did, why would he tell a 13 year old he had never met before? Just try to keep those sorts of logistics in mind. Thanks for the work thus far. Ananda.
Sargent Snarky chapter 3 . 2/10/2007
Strangely, the sentance that made me giggle most uproariously wasn't any of the funny ones (though those had me guffawing, as well), but rather the second to last one: "He vanished unceremoniously."

And I've no idea why it made me burst into giggled like I did. O.o

But, yes... I agree that Will seems a bit like Artemis... only... nicer. ) And without the Irish accent. Wouldn't it be funny if the two met one day, though? -is aghast- DOWN, PLOTBUNNY! DOWN! -slaps at bunny with a spork-

Sorry about that...

M... How about Will is Spiderman instead of Superman? ) Then he won't have to worry about the, "And the American Way," that Superman upholds. Hehe... Since he's a Brit 'n all... Um... yeah. I'm hyper tonight, can't you tell?

Although... if he /is/ SUperman, then NO MATTER WHAT befalls him, EVEN BEING STABBED WITH KRYPTONITE, his little hair curl will REMAIN UNTOUCHED!

Because that hair curl is MAGIC!

-blinks- Well it /is/. Have /you/ ever seen it out of place for more than ten seconds at a stretch?

Oy vey. I should really... leave, now, before I totally scare you, shouldn't I...

Oh well, another marevelous chapter! Excellent job! I look forward to more... D
Teldra chapter 2 . 2/2/2007
Very interesting! Can't wait to see where you go with this. More please ;D
Sargent Snarky chapter 2 . 1/29/2007
Ha! Another great fanfic (so far!), celtic fox!

I don't really have the time at the momen to leave a proper review, but do know that I'm watching this and that I love it.

'Tis always fun to see Will exercising his spifftacular powers. 3

However, I should mention that the Dark is Rising Sequence was meant to take place around whne it was written - and that would be in the late 60s or early to mid 70s... And that was thirty years ago, not twenty. 3 Sorry! Just being picky, there.

But, anyway...

I've seen a crossover of DiRS with Harry Potter before, but, of course, it was rather different than this (most especially as it was written back when there were only three HP books out). Still, it's nice to see more of them, as there are a lot of ideas of potential interest to be explored between them - especially with 'Merlin.'

Anyway, must go now, so I wish you good luck with the rest of this!

Love, Snarky
sara ane chapter 2 . 1/28/2007
O! Now this looks interesting! I love Harry Potter/TDIR crossovers! I'm curious about one thing though. When Will told his mother to forget, did he mean to make her forget everything about him and if so, why didn't he make the rest of his family forget?

Great start. Please continue!