Reviews for Second Verse, Same as the First
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Ah, another one out there who thinks that Sam had at least called as many shots as Dean. Interesting, but not really surprising that Sam can't see this. It's not meant to be anti-Sam, it's just... well, if you feel you've been wronged, it's kind off hard to see the other side. I just wonder if the show will go there or if this is something that will stay in the depths of fanfiction forever...

Anyway, great piece. I wanted to knock John's and Sam's heads together, both were pretty ... hmm, not stupid. And Sam had a reason to run, only thing I hated was that he promised and did it anyway. But John... couldn't he have been a little more specific?

Well... anyway, like this a lot. Thanks for sharing (off to the second piece for this...)

Marlowe
Jensen chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
You know, it does sound like Sam is being a manipulation bleep in this, but you know what, I get it. Siblings are, and I mean this in the nicest way coz I have a sibling myself that I love at least as hard as Dean loves Sam. Siblings not only know how to push the right buttons to get what they need but they are also capable of thinking the harshest thoughts about each other - love and hate being different sides of the same coin and all that. This story is showing how Dean feels, and right now he's feeling like the entire world is treating him like crap and as Sam's the centre of his world, Sam's crapping on him too. Don't mean he don't love his brother any more, don't mean that Sam don't love him too - its just normal sibling reactions and a totally not normal situation. Thanks for showing us that.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
i really think the second half of this season is going to be intense... good job on the missing scene...
SupernaturalSoul chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
I really loved this story. It felt as though you said everything I thought about Sam using Dean in Dean's own words...I'm not sure that made sense. Anyways, good job!
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
Y'know what? I really love your work, and there wasn't anything really wrong with this fic. I enjoyed the tie-in with 'second verse, same as the first' and especially the part about Dean feeling like there was more of a reason why John avoided the Roadhouse (loved that observation and agree with it too). You choice of having Sam use Dean's words against him "Hunting things, saving people" was actually a really good one. It made me hurt for Dean to have those words thrown back at him like that in this context.

BUT something makes me feel as though this is unfinished somewhat. I can't really put my finger on it. It's like it's not quite a one-shot but more like part of a chapter... Am I making any sense, because I'm not even sure? :X

I think it'd be nice to see it expanded. Yeah, I'll go with that. hehe

Cheers,

Sera
Laura chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
I liked it but, I hate to admit, it did make me think you don't like Sam. I am not sure why everyone seems to think Sam doesn't care about Dean or what happens to Dean or what Dean thinks. Sam has more than made it very clear that he does. Much more than Dean has ever made things clear for Sam.

And I don't see Sam as the manipulator in their relationship. If you ask me, I think all he did by asking Dean to kill him if it came to that, was to let Dean know Sam would be okay with it if it ever had to happen. Because, lets face it. if that time comes, the Sam that is there will probably do everything in his power to tell Dean NOT to kill him.

I guess I just feel so bad for Sam but no one else seems to. HE is the one who might turn into a killer and he has this horrible destiny hanging over him but all Dean seems to think about is how he (Dean) feels.

It is funny that everyone seems to want to write inside Dean's head about this incident but not inside Sam's.

I did love, though, the feeling through this piece that Dean was being self pitying. It did help take the edge off his thoughts.

It is a hard situation for them both.