Reviews for Everything Changes
Morgan5318 chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
This was a rather interesting story. It definitely has the feel of being the beginning of a longer story, though. I know you're busy, but it does kind of cry out for additional chapters. The characters are nicely developed, albeit fairly predictable; I was a little dismayed at Ghiselind using sex to hopefully find a way out of her situation, but that's something Anne set up in her world. It is a bit of a sexist society, and hold-women are expected to marry. I'm not particularly impressed with Stavrick, either, but I got the disctinct feeling we weren't supposed to be. All around, a bad time of it for your heroine. I have hopes she'll find a better life at the Weyr. Nicely written piece, though I've come to expect that of your work.
fred27 chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
This is a good start for a longer story. Although I don't like how you had Ghisellind use sex to solve her problems, it does show a realistic outcome of a woman trying not to be a victum in a situation that is basically out of her hands.

As for Stavrick: he came off looking less principled than Ghisellind. Despite a promise of marriage, one has to ask if Stavrick really intended to marry Ghisellind if he could so easily kick her to the curb after a one nighter.

As for Ghisellind getting pregnant, that is an unlikely possibility. Going between is used as a form of birth control on Pern. I would hope it would work in this case.

Good job and I look for to calling Ghisellind "G'lind" and settling the score for her mother.
clara200 chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
man what a rude awaking.
astrokath chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
God no! - pregnancy would be far too much of an angsty cliche'.
Rimmersworld chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
I admire the character you have created here.

Strenghts and an ability to overcome adversity is good.

Hope she didnt get knocked up during her dalliance with Stavrick.
truegold-dragonstar chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
Well, a character as proud and manipulative as Ghisellind is clearly riding for a fall... An even bigger fall, I mean... But she's tough. I guess she'll survive. Who knows, maybe she'll even Impress.

This is an interesting and well written story - although it is clearly begging to be continued (sorry. I know you're busy). There are a couple of small typos near the beginning, but other than that I can't find any problems. Thanks.

t-d