Reviews for Living in the Red Light
raineynight chapter 1 . 1/16
This was a very powerful story. Just. Wow. The characters were all very well-rounded. It was just very satisfying to see them do something *good* for themselves/others. (Danitra teaching herself to fight, Batman paying Tess back, Tess reporting to Batman, TZ learning to read). It was all wonderful.
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful, powerful story. 3
Lazarus495 chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
pagemaster00 chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
This is probably the most beautiful fanfic I've ever read. Thank You.
R. Donald James Gauvreau chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
First off, I love bystander/commonfolk-pov stories of the Bat. Good on you.

I liked the college bit, how those girls seemed to the prot, and the prot's speculation about Sumeria.

"Sorry about the damage." Oh. Aw. That's nice. I don't recall that ever being in canon, but it should be.

Heh. Using Batman to get at somebody else. Nice.

DARE to do whatever the Bat says and stay clean from drugs. Lol.

And these little connections to the Bat all through the city. I like that.

The pov change could be done a little more smoothly, i think. Even just a header would work.

Third paragraph from the end, first word, you have a typo: "Daintra."

I liked it.
Aronim chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
This is a weird mix of hearwarming and heartbreaking. But it can't be anything else with this subject matter and I love the idea that Bats makes a network like this, even if he doesn't actually help them with that as the goal.

Good idea and great execution. Well done.
RoswellianMisha chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Thank you for a well written story!

I think what I liked the most is that is not an usual topic, and you capture it with a voice that rings so true. Not many stories deal with the fact that Batman is really big on second chances. If he believes you can change, he'll give you everything you need and then more.

I laughed so hard with the Robin interaction! Gotta love that kid :) And it really drives home how different they both are, and yet how well they work together.

It's a strange story with a "happy" ending, that gave me a glimpse of a world so far from mine it's chilling. Talk about gaining perspective.

Fun fact: every time I look at the story title, "living on a prayer" started playing at the back of my head, heh...
aveilofpaper chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
That was beautiful, thanks for writing it :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I always enjoy reading stories from the perspective of side characters and civilians. This is great.
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
That was actually a bit hopeful. Thank you for writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
Wows that was very good, thanks for sharing it :D
Vaughn Tyler chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
chaosrin chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
Love the people's perspective, makes it so real. She would make a nice bargirl.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
This was a very moving story and very captivating. I loved how real the people were in this, not larger than life, except for Batman and Robin, who are so by definition and how their shadow influenced the life of normal people.

I really liked seeing how this showed that the spark of greatness, or whatever one wants to call it, can be found in so many different people. Danitra might never become a Batgirl in this life, but she sure as hell had the potential for it. An excellent human story in a setting that normally only caters to the superhuman.

Thank you for sharing this.
Stewart M chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
A refreshing story about regular people with regular problems. Effective characterization. I like the idea that Batman has an informant network that he watches care of (it makes sense, but I haven't seen it before).
lonni chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
i love this. really good