Reviews for Living in the Red Light
BohNo chapter 1 . 4/28
I got through this and immediately headed to the DC Comics & Batman wikis to see if Danitra was an established character, because she's just SO well written here. Wonderful! Outstanding! Love Batman and Batfam standing up for and respecting sex workers. And a respectful fic about this subject back in 2001? On god?

Bravo.
PineNutPesto chapter 1 . 3/2
Not only is it always a thrill to find such an old fic, but this one is so good. It's a wonderful example of a story about finding meaning and growth in the midst of hardship. Bravo.
Br chapter 1 . 1/4
This is awesome..!
werewolf6780 chapter 1 . 7/21/2018
This. Is REALLY good. Just...yesssssss. Thank you for writing this!
connor1504 chapter 1 . 1/18/2018
I honestly think i enjoy the stories of batman interacting with the everyday people, the prostitutes, and low level criminals more then his interactions with people like the Joker and Two Face, it manages to humanize him a bit more
JadeOccelot chapter 1 . 11/20/2017
This is a amazing story. I loved it!
Windfall chapter 1 . 9/25/2017
That was great. D not becoming a part of the baat fam and instead being an independent badass was cool.
Seaside Fantasies chapter 1 . 2/7/2017
Oh my GOD this was so beautifully written. I literally got chills a few times. This could very well be a legitimate episode of the animated series or something with the way you got the characterization down-pat.
mangaluva chapter 1 . 4/7/2016
This was such a fantastic perspective to write about Batman from —from someone that he's saved not just by beating someone else up, but by helping them change their life from the bottom up. Gotham being a city of rock bottoms, my favourite version of Batman is always one who deals with cause as much as symptoms. Also, your Robin cracked me up, as well as "Size doesn't matter" XD You've probably heard this a lot in the long bloody time that this has been up, but great work :)
deathnoteno1fan-codegeasslover chapter 1 . 3/1/2016
I was iffy on reading this but I ound it on tv trope and the summery made it seem like Batman would save a prostitute. Sounded like an outsider. Pov and i love those. I was iffy since this is not complete but im so happy i read this .This was better then i expected and its loved this.
raineynight chapter 1 . 1/16/2015
This was a very powerful story. Just. Wow. The characters were all very well-rounded. It was just very satisfying to see them do something *good* for themselves/others. (Danitra teaching herself to fight, Batman paying Tess back, Tess reporting to Batman, TZ learning to read). It was all wonderful.
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful, powerful story. 3
Lazarus495 chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
Wow.
pagemaster00 chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
This is probably the most beautiful fanfic I've ever read. Thank You.
R. James Gauvreau chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
First off, I love bystander/commonfolk-pov stories of the Bat. Good on you.

I liked the college bit, how those girls seemed to the prot, and the prot's speculation about Sumeria.

"Sorry about the damage." Oh. Aw. That's nice. I don't recall that ever being in canon, but it should be.

Heh. Using Batman to get at somebody else. Nice.

DARE to do whatever the Bat says and stay clean from drugs. Lol.

And these little connections to the Bat all through the city. I like that.

The pov change could be done a little more smoothly, i think. Even just a header would work.

Third paragraph from the end, first word, you have a typo: "Daintra."

...

I liked it.
Aronim chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
This is a weird mix of hearwarming and heartbreaking. But it can't be anything else with this subject matter and I love the idea that Bats makes a network like this, even if he doesn't actually help them with that as the goal.

Good idea and great execution. Well done.