Reviews for A Fifth of Comfort
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
angsty, hilarious, perfect!
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
Okay, maybe it's the way this day is going, but I was right with Dean this whole story. Especially when the Impala wouldn't start. Figures. Then I get to this line and laughed out loud:

...and he’s practically inside the goddamn bag now, which is no good because there’s knives and shit in there, and it would be just like Sam to accidentally slit his own wrists or shoot himself in the face trying to crawl into a piece of luggage.

And the growl in me kinda faded as I read on and then you go here and I melted:

Sam shifts and sighs and says Dean, but not like he’s demanding something, just like he’s saying it because he likes the word, and Dean's tongue tastes of birthday and Dad and home.

Thanks for this.
Swanseajill chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
Really beautifully written and if it's angsty and sad, well, that pretty much sums up Dean's life right now.
SilverStorm06 chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
aw, poor Dean, and I WISH they would do a birthday episode or something. :)
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
I enjoyed this birthday fic. And yes, it was kinder to Dean than counting down his death by birthdays. I absolutely love the way you get into that guy's head. It just sounds like Dean. His thoughts and feelings put into "Dean language". You certainly tugged at my heart when you let us know what was really getting to Dean - those are the hard times - the traditions lost, never to be regained . Even in his crazy, fevered state, Sam remembered what day it was and even the tradition. How Sammy, how sweet. Of course, he should have told Dean to kill the bottle, not shoot it ;)

Thanks for sharing another wonderful one-shot with us. And Happy Birthday, Dean.
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
hehehe drugged Sammy...

good story
carocali chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
Poor Dean. It would be just his luck to have a shitty birthday like that. Fun look at what might have been!

:D

Caroline
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
There was something both gloomy and hopeful in this. Besides the wonderfulness that is limp!Sam *wink*, I love Dean's non-emotional emotion. If that makes any sense. I can just sense his feelings of frustration and loss, even though they aren't stated. It takes a damn good writer to pull that off.

Thanks so much for sharing - definitely the best story regarding Dean's birthday I've read today. Thanks so much for sharing!
red121 chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
LOVED this! So sweet and sad, but not overly sentimental. Good job!
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
That was really good. You held on to the kicker til the end and ended it beautifully.
heartfallen chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
Sad story and bitter sweet end! Great story
Evergreene chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
Loved it!

As always, you have some great insights into Dean's character, espcially this bit:

'He does it though, because Sam’s sick and Sam needs him and sometimes it feels like Sam always needs him, even when he’s not sick, and usually Dean puts up with it and doesn’t mind and even kind of likes it, because he remembers a time when Sammy didn’t need him and that definitely sucked worse than this...'

So true.

And delirious Sam is as hilarious as drunk Sam (before the whole promises that Dean doesn't want to make thing).

'the clowns Dean pass the salt ' lol!

Can't wait til the next chapters of your other stories!
swenglish chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
I so like your writing style. Very bold and hard and realistic. You're such a great writer and it feels as if you really get into Deans head. Fantastic job. Hope to get to read more from you soon :) Keep on writing
corneroffandom chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
Aw. Happy birthday, Dean.
friendly chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
ah poor dean.. that was good...
30 | « Prev Page 1 2