Reviews for Too Easy A Shot
asearcher chapter 10 . 1/9/2011
Love the story. Glad someone asked about that line. Thanks for the great read.
b7-kerravon chapter 10 . 9/11/2007
Oh, too funny! Great ending! I'm going to have to stop for the night, but I'll try to read more tomorrow!
Muirinn chapter 10 . 2/28/2007
...so it took me forever to get to the last chapter. I blame work. :D

All in all, volley, this is a very satisfying story, and one that I'll take great pleasure in re-reading. The ending was great! Loved the humor and the light-hearted chapter that rounded it out. Wonderful!

Thanks for writing - and posting - an enjoyable story!

cheers

Muirinn
Gabi chapter 10 . 2/24/2007
I like the new ending very much, Daniela. And it was a pleasure to read the story once again. Thanks a lot for asking me to beta read this story for you and thank you for writing such wonderful friendship stories.

Gabi
Romanse chapter 10 . 2/20/2007
This was first-rate storytelling all the way! What made this well-paced story so enjoyable for me to read was the expert blend of very well-written, visual action-adventure sequences involving the Enterprise, the Vulcans. and the pissed-off aliens, and the angst involving individuals and between crew members.

There was superb attention to detail and that combined with the wonderful imagery and spot-on dialogue allowed me to see this story playing out in my mind very clearly. I think you did a particularly fine job of capturing T’pol’s personality and the way she interacts with Archer.

The plot of this story was highly interesting and it really showcased well your knowledge of the show and how well you know these characters. Malcolm’s backstory and the subsequent angst it caused him were a wonderful way to weave a Malcolm and Trip friendship story into the action adventure plot.

This story has so many enjoyable elements, true angst, hurt/comfort, exciting action sequences, great dialogue and character interpretation. The little touches of humor towards the end really demonstrate strong storytelling skills.

A few minor observations/comments: I recommend avoiding “author’s voice intrusion”. You wrote: “The Doctor had insisted that Trip rest, and to be honest he couldn’t but agree with him. Tension, little sleep and donating blood didn’t leave you feeling in great shape.” You can avoid this by writing:…The Doctor had insisted that Trip rest, and to be honest he couldn’t but agree with him. Tension, little sleep and donating blood hadn’t left him feeling in great shape.

Lastly, maybe it’s just me, but while I loved the idea that a security-related incident in Malcolm’s past caused him angst in the present security situation, I just didn’t see much of a nexus between the two events to explain Malcolm’s reaction. The two events from what I read, didn’t seem to have enough elements in common for one to bleed into the next and impact him that way.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The fantastic Malcolm-centric nature of the tale was wonderfully balanced and integrated with the rest of the beloved Enterprise characters. It most definitely was a STE tale, so that I got to have my cake and eat it too! LOL - btw, the story was a perfect length and told the tale in a complete manner, but I was surprised that it only had 10 chapters. I was anticipating something much longer based on what you said. : )
tripaholic chapter 10 . 2/19/2007
Hi Daniela,

Thank you for this lovely fic. There were many aspects in it that I liked immensely, mainly of course the Trip/Malcolm friendship that you once again managed to depict so masterfully. It was nice seeing Malcolm respond to his friend’s attempts to get him to relax, despite Malcolm trying to stay in tactical officer mode, and I loved how you made Trip such an observant and considerate friend. Although they were commander and subordinate in most of your fic, and even addressed each other by ranks in many scenes, their friendship seemed to be on an even level, with a trust not even threatened by Malcolm’s inexplicable actions in the beginning. With your Trip being pretty inexperienced in command, it was good for him to have Malcolm there to rely on, although Trip fortunately never seemed to be as incompetent as the writers of the show had him be in the first two seasons. The way you showed us how Trip kept his personality, but tried to balance his own personal preferences with the demands of duty and command worked very well IMO. What I didn’t feel very comfortable with was the hint at Archer’s attraction to T’Pol. Admittedly I’ve never been (and never will be) one Archer/T’Pol ‘shipper, but this kept reminding me of ANIS, which is one of the few episodes that I truly didn’t like and still find embarrassing, so this part was a little distracting for me, and, as I see it, also unnecessary for the story. Speaking of romantic interests: Have I read too many ‘shipper stories- which is a very real possibility - , or have you intentionally tried to infuse some Malcolm/Hoshi ‘ship into your fic? Not that I mind that per se, but I think I’d rather read a separate story where their relationship is more important to the story than getting sidetracked by this. If I’m reading too much into this, just blame it on my overactive imagination…

I did enjoy the way you wrote T’Pol in your fic, though. Very logical and Vulcan-like, yet not judgmental and even with a glimpse at humour lurking behind that stoic Vulcan mask. The light mood at the end of your story was a good way to finish it, I especially liked Phlox having the last laugh this time. But it was equally amusing to see Malcolm so relaxed at the end, although I think Phlox must have given him some strong stuff to make him giggle along with Hoshi and crack jokes at the expense of a commanding officer in front of his Captain… Still, it was a nice contrast to the beginning of your fic, and very satisfying at that. All in all, this was once again a thoroughly enjoyable fic, thanks again!

Take care,

Tripaholic
JadziaKathryn chapter 10 . 2/14/2007
Nice ending. Questionable "success" as far as the negotiations, but realistic. And T'Pol and Soval discussing Big Brother is great. Great story!
Pennyforum chapter 10 . 2/14/2007
I've loved every bit of this story. Thank you so much. This last chapter had me giggling all the way through it.

I look forward to your next effort.
Reanok chapter 10 . 2/14/2007
Volley what a wonderful ending to your story I'm glad Malcolm & hoshi got to spend time together a nice scene. Also nice to see Trip, Archer, T'Pol and Soval visiting in Sickbay as well. I'm glad to see the freiendship between Malcolm & Trip is growing. Phlox having a secret stash to drink reminds me of Doctor McCoy. I look forward to your next story soon. thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Begoogled chapter 10 . 2/14/2007
Aw, great bantering! It brought a Phlox-smile to my face :)

You rounded off the story nicely, with the completion of the negotiations (big brother, indeed!) and coming full circle with the Vegor 2 drink that Malcolm dislikes so much, hehe.

You make me curious about what Hoshi and Malcolm had been discussing, and the quote "Malcolm attracts danger" was fun!

Sigh. Now we have to wait again for another story. More, please!
Exploded Pen chapter 10 . 2/14/2007
*happy sigh*

Ahh alls well that ends well, and did my eyes deceive me or was there a lovely little moment of Reed/Sato at the beginning? *beams*

Great story :D Can't wait for your next!

*Hannah*
Exploded Pen chapter 9 . 2/13/2007
Aww Trip and Mal , the Dynamic Duo *happy sigh* I love how you write those two *grins*

Great chapter! And poor Malcolm! Trust him to think something like that was his fault - no charges put against him and he still feels guilty *sighs* Bless him.

Either way, roll on the last chapter!

*Hannah*

P.S The next chapter of the Marked should be out by next week at the latest :)
Reanok chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
Volley I really am glad that Malcolm was able to confide in Trip about the secret that was causing him so many problems. That's a heavy burden to carry. It sounds like Terra Prime terrorist in that attack. I'm glad that Trip was able to help Reed after being ao badly wounded.I've really have been enjoying this great chapter. I like how you portray the Malcolm's & Trip's frienship in your stories.I've enjoyed reading them all to catch up.;)
Muirinn chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
And Malcolm finally finds the right time to cop to why he didn't shoot. LOVE how Trip reads him, and instantly lets him know he's not mad, just curious as all hell.

I also sniggered so much at the description of the Vulcan sickbay colors. Vomit green. Ill Vulcan. I think my Dad had a car that color once. The engine quit, and before we did a thing to fix that, we repainted it.

Droopy, sleepy Malcolm is so much fun it hurts. _ It's a wonderful chapter; you have just the right mix of angst and comfort. Wonderful!

Muirinn

(And thank you for the kind comments you sent hte other day. They made my day.)
JadziaKathryn chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
Oh, very nice! I particularly like that Archer is still working on negotiations, of course. Very true to character. And the line about Reed blood - priceless!

This is a good explanation, and it fits in well with the previously established line of Malcolm's about moving on and learning from mistakes.