Reviews for Family Portrait
Eruanne Tasariel chapter 18 . 1/15
I realize I am three years too late to the scene, but congratulations on finishing this story! Though my enthusiasm for Final Fantasy VII has waned somewhat over the years, this story was just as fantastic as I remember it being when I first read it eight years or so ago. I'm so pleased you decided to see it to completion and that I thought to check up on it again after all this time. Of course, I had to start from the beginning again because it had been so long that I couldn't remember much of the story! It was well worth the reread. I thought the final chapter from Rufus Shinra's POV was a brilliant touch. Gotta say, I shook my head at him wanting to "make Midgar great again," and wondered if you really wrote that three years ago!

Thank you for your hard work in writing such a lovely fan story. I hope life is treating you well and that you have continued to write. You have so much talent.

God bless!
~Tasare
Mrs.Chatton chapter 1 . 6/3/2016
Hey, I didn't read this (I would if I knew anything about final fantasy) but I'm just gonna say you updated this in 2013 so you're not a compleatly lost cause for updates XD basically I just really need an update for the diamonds arc and...yeah. So that's all... I assume this story is great too! :3 y'all take care now!
silentlywatching chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
OMFG ITS BEEN UPDATED. OMG DREAMS DO COME TRUE SOB SOB OMG ;(
happy birthday to MEEEEEEE
Marisa chapter 18 . 8/8/2013
This was a fantastic story with a great plot and exceptional characterizations. I like your writing style. Your discriptive methods are unique and very NON-cliche. As a writer, I myself find that very hard to do and I've actually learned from you.

Thanks for the great story. I was fully entertained from beginning to end!

Marisa
Ardent Aspen chapter 3 . 7/11/2013
Whoo! That's a lot to take in! Very convincing writing, and I absolutely adored the part at the beginning with Cloud and Denzel's mock-fight (and the all-too-familiar thoughts of "when did this require both hands, when did he/she get to be so tall, wasn't it yesterday that he/she was small?")
CHAOS chapter 2 . 7/11/2013
The way you described Ren was some pretty amazing writing, I must say. I was feeling claustrophobic in my own mind just reading it! He presents himself to me at this point as a man ill at ease with himself..
CHAOS chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
Awwwww! This is so. Dang. Cute! I LOVE the interactions between Cloud and Tifa, and how you've somehow written two years of learning each other's habits into a few lines. I love this! (I agree with Cloud though, I wouldn't want my kids going to a camp with a director that made me uncomfortable)
sunflowerspot chapter 17 . 7/10/2013
A beautiful way to start to wrap things up. I'm so glad that this will be finished!
Rather Not chapter 17 . 7/9/2013
I can't believe this story was updated. I've been reading it since '08 I believe and it's one of those stories I keep coming back to because theme is so powerful and the style it's written in is so intricately poignant. I think it's even made me cry at some parts. Thank you so much for the update. I honestly reread several of the chapters a few weeks ago, resigning myself to an unfinished story. I definitely think this story deserves more recognition than it already has (which is a lot). Will look forward to your next update for sure. I'm so very glad you didn't give up on it.
KitKatTicTac chapter 16 . 6/19/2013
Omg! This was soooooo good PLEASE finish it please! :)
KitKatTicTac chapter 15 . 6/17/2013
I take back the bastard thing. Denz is just confused!
KitKatTicTac chapter 14 . 6/17/2013
But wow did Spidergirl just kill her dad? Ommmmggg I can't believe Sevi was her dad. What a twist! And Denzel if you weren't being such a bastard none of this would be happening! Omg I love this fic! :)
KitKatTicTac chapter 14 . 6/17/2013
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Cease to exist?!
KitKatTicTac chapter 13 . 6/16/2013
That was like the best chapter so far omg! I thought Tifa was gonna die for sure! But lol is Cloud talking like that cause of Mako poisoning? Like when he fell into theeeeee Lifestream, I think, in the game and then he was in a wheelchair, right? Wow, Tseng continuing to freaking kick ass 3. But I don't want him to due ;(
KitKatTicTac chapter 12 . 6/16/2013
Omfg! I got so emotional during the mako injection scene. :( Cloti isn't even one of my otps but omg. I hope they kick ass! Speaking of which, gotta say that Tseng is such a badass. You make his character way more interesting than usual. I liked the whole thing with the same and the SOLDIER they blew up. So deep!