Reviews for Call at a Church
doctorjay chapter 3 . 12/25/2011
Well done. A different take on Johnny but all the guys are still very much in character. I wish there had been more on what happened after Johnny was shot, like what he went through at the hospital and recovery, cause I like Johnny h/c whumpage. But it's not my story!

FYI I am a pretty hardcore atheist, but contrary to popular stereotypes, I don't have a problem with religious themes in fanfics. Most people are religious, after all, and that would be a realistic issue to explore. When I write about religious characters I hope to be as respectful and empathetic as you are here.
Enfleurage chapter 3 . 12/16/2011
This is an amazingly thoughtful and insightful take on a tragic situation and a nice way to handle a subject - God - that many, many people shy from. Nice job of keeping Gage in character in an unusual situation.
coloradoandcolorado1 chapter 3 . 11/7/2011
Thank you for this story.
reading-rider chapter 3 . 2/15/2010
Hello - I just found and read this old story of yours and had to write to say how wonderful it is. It's so well-written with such a solid point. The shooting scene is very well done - it affected me as I read it. The final 2 chapters brought tears to my eyes. The main characters stayed in character for me, too. This is amazing and truly inspired.
Dianne chapter 3 . 8/4/2009
That was a good story, thanks.
jada951 chapter 3 . 2/27/2008
Hi,

I think this is a really good handling of a traumatic, life changing experience.

People can hold on to all kinds of things, but

I believe that God is the One that matters.

Excellent story.

Thanks for sharing it!
Westel chapter 3 . 1/12/2008
Wow! Johnny has started down a road, hasn't he? Often near-death experiences bring us to just such an impasse - we either turn away, or walk toward the next turn in the road.

Nicely done!
khollie chapter 3 . 5/11/2007
I really enjoyed this one. As a former EMT, I have seen things that really made me think about God and His plan for the rest of us. I haven't read many stories that deal with the boy's relationship with religion. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
jada952 chapter 3 . 4/2/2007
I liked this story.

it has an additional element that none of the other

emergency stories do, the search for the reason why.

I would actually have expected chet or marco to have

at least an inkling of religious grounding given their

heritage. And for that matter, since people say Johnny

was 1/2 native american, that he would have had

some sort of exposure.

But that's just me, spinning the story further in my head.

I really liked the story. It was more than just getting hurt and having to go to the hospital.

And I think most everyone in the medical profession has to deal w/ these questions sooner or later. Seeing life and death will do that to you.

Now I'll have to pop back and see what else you have written.

happy writing.

mk
Tracy Barnett chapter 3 . 2/7/2007
Wow, another amazing story, I wish I had your imagination and talent, not to mention the patience it must take to be a writer. Thank you so much...somehow I never thought to connect religion/spirituality with Johnny in a story and you did an excellent job of it...thank you again, take care, Tracy B

PS I am an emt-b, although not currently certified...I hope to take the course again and recert in the up coming months...so your stories are even more important to me.