Reviews for Sydney Carton Is Not Dead
LlamaMathilde chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
This was excellent. You even got the creepy knitting ladies in there. I liked the last line very much, and Carton's reflection. Actually, reading the beginning of this fanfiction settles his sacrifice with me more than when I first read it in A Tale of Two Cities.

I've been reading my way steadily through some of your other fics and am becoming a Hermione/Draco fan.
aertkjhaertiu chapter 2 . 4/4/2010
I've been a long-time fan of your work (not to be creepy, or anything - just really impressed with your talent) and I always saw this and thought, no, I won't read it until I've read the book. I just got around to reading A Tale of Two Cities, and loved it, and had one of those lightbulb moments thinking, oh, that Tierfal story from months ago!

Anyway. Consider my mind blown. I've always had a thing for underdog characters, particularly charming witty ones who are fantastic and tortured and drunk. I knew how it'd end, of course, and this story was a huge consolation for that whole 'oh, okay, Dickens, kill off my favourite character because he's being NOBLE' thing. I loved it. So much. You've got him as spot-on as a modern author could possibly hope to be, which is truly impressive considering a) how old the book and the style is and b) frankly, how kickass of a writer Dickens was.

Going from novel to fic, it's marvellous and fluid and God, I'm glad I remembered to read this. I thought it deserved more love than it had gotten, and let me assure you, I've got plenty for it. Thanks for such a nice alternative ending :)
htbookreader1 chapter 2 . 2/2/2009
ooh its so good

you should update!

love htbookreader1
Princess dogooder chapter 2 . 10/29/2008
I love it. The way you portray the characters is outstanding.
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 2 . 10/2/2008
So I absolutely loved this, but its probably in part because Sidney Carton is the most fantastic and loveable character in fiction. So sharing of the love makes me happy.
harryhermionerw chapter 2 . 5/14/2008
Haha. I actually got around to reading this, aren't you proud of me?

I LOVED this. )

Please, please continue updating... lOl. I think this is a very good story. P

I mean, TOTC is a great book and all, it even made me cry, but... I like this much better. D
salt chapter 2 . 4/17/2008
very nice...you kept very close to how Dickens wrote ATTC, even in the words you chose. I wish there was more of this story!
Mandy chapter 2 . 12/30/2007
Ahh I love this alternate ending fic to the ending of the novel!

Nice job on the prose, and the descriptions ;]

I really hope you continue to do write more!
Nimurye chapter 2 . 6/19/2007
Yay! Sydney Carton fanfiction! And it's well-written! You will be continuing this I hope?
Horsesrule chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Aside from the fact that I feel a moral obligation to review all ATOTC fics on this site, I enjoyed yours. It's not consistant with Dickens' themes of expiation and sacrifice, but what is fanfiction for if not to give characters a way out of their fate in the original story. Nice job with imitating Dickens' prose.
NiteCoffee-chan chapter 2 . 3/22/2007
I absolutely love this story, so please keep writing!
Nera Fiore chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
I love you. I love this story. I love your style of writing, even if it's only an impression of Dickens. I love Sydney Carton. I love that this is all extremely in-character, and I'm dying to see where this goes next.

I'll pretty much have your kids, if you'd like.
Eltea chapter 2 . 3/5/2007
Too lazy to log in. ;)

I enjoyed reading this; I hope you write more! )
Avia Tantella Scott chapter 2 . 2/18/2007
I am truly enjoying this so far, and hope that you update very soon!
Avia Tantella Scott chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
Oh! Most intriguing, and very well written. I am excited to see where this goes; do continue!