Reviews for New Life, Meet Old Life
DammitJim chapter 30 . 4/15/2010
words cannot describe just how cool this story is! I couldn't stop reading!
blueyblonde chapter 30 . 1/28/2010
i love it
Saphira7 chapter 30 . 8/25/2009
I just rad your story and I really liked it! It was very good and I liked your style of writing and your plot.
Beanacre0 chapter 30 . 7/16/2009
I love this story. I've read it two or three times (maybe more) since I found it on Twisting the Hellmouth. It blends the two together perfectly and I wish there were more out there like this. I loved it! 100/10
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 30 . 3/9/2009
DAMN...

Nice bit of work you’ve got here, to say the least.

Not only did you create a very interesting explanation for how Hermione Granger could have gone on to become BUFFY of all people- you clearly explain everything from Buffy’s new lack of faith in authority figures to her lower academic skills; her lack of knowledge of the new curriculum and her father leaving left her in a difficult position to say the least, so, with Slayer duties on top of everything else, she became more independent and ‘in-your-face’.

And as for your explanation regarding how the Wizarding World and the Council had known each other but subsequently severed ties...

Works out pretty well from where I’m sitting; the idea of the Council selling out the Slayers certainly fits their usual M.O., if nothing else.

(Plus, as an interesting bonus, you actually manage to pre-emptively avoid contradicting anything we learned in “Deathly Hallows”; given that the location of the horcruxes is never expressly identified, the only thing blatantly different between these two stories is the reason for the Bloody Baron’s demise, and that could be accounted for the lack of Slayers in the ‘main’ Harry Potter timeline and/or the Grey Lady not actually knowing the full details about his demise)

On the topic of bad guys, your slight ‘tweaking’ of Ethan, Spike and Drusilla’s histories to give them a connection the Wizarding World were further brainstorms on your part; Ethan’s skills with magic being motivated by jealousy of his wizarding brother certainly fits his traditional attitude, Spike being a Malfoy squib in life adds an amusing element to the overall plot, and the additional ‘twist’ of Drusilla being the seer who made the prophecy about the witch-born Slayer created a rather amusing connection between the two groups.

In the end, however, my favourite moment in this story remains Angel’s arrival in Hogwarts; not only did it manage to be a rather touching reunion between two characters who really deserved a better fate than they received in the show (Still wish you hadn’t had Buffy and Angel break up, but that’s about it), but it also worked out to be VERY amusing as Angel decked Snape for insulting Buffy.

Looking back, my only true regret is that Angel and Voldemort never got the chance to have a fight themselves; as I said in a previous review, it would have been unquestionably interesting to witness the interaction between those two given their existence as spiritual opposites, but the final conclusion was still pretty good for all that.

Plus, the epilogue made a rather interesting touch; kind of amusing to see Harry and Ron’s reaction to Dawn and Anya’s presence, as well as a neat explanation for why Dawn isn’t aware of the wizarding world’s existence before this.

All in all, a great bit of work; congratulations!
Lenny13 chapter 30 . 6/12/2008
Nicely written. I like how it ties in with the story.

Good job again.

Lenny13
Cassie-D1 chapter 15 . 11/26/2007
great story, i love it!
JessAngelus chapter 30 . 11/19/2007
Ok. I'm kind of annoyed. I mean, this story was great and all but was it really necessary to break up Buffy and Angel? it did nothing for the story! It was one freaking chapter, you could have left them alond. It was great up until the end. The BA break up part kind of ruined it for me. That sucked.
stasa chapter 30 . 11/16/2007
It's finished! I can't believe that it's finished :(

It was a perfect ending for the story. You really did a good job with it. You remained true to the characters nature all thru the story, it was lovely. Well done :)
CallaRose4ever chapter 30 . 11/11/2007
Sorry to see this end. Especially without a little regret from the Scoobies for how they treated Buffy. but oh well. It was good. I'm a little confused about the Angel thing cuz I thought his soul was bound or something, so why did they break up. but maybe I am remembering it wrong. I guess I need to reread this from the beginning.
dddd chapter 30 . 11/11/2007
no angel :(
Chris chapter 30 . 11/11/2007
Excellent. Great story. I have to say that I loved how Spike killed Malfoy so easily. I couldn't help but laugh.
Effrem chapter 30 . 11/10/2007
Thanks

A very well melded story, I throughly enjoyed it.

Effrem
iamkagomeiloveinuyasha chapter 30 . 11/10/2007
ending was amzing!

but i'm kinda pissd with willow for not telling them

you can tell angel shes dead then reserect her and tell him

but ot her two bestest friends inthe entire world?

hmm?

HMM?

lol but seriously from season 6 to 7 willowone had they been there during "empty Places" when they kicked buffster out

ANYWAY