Reviews for The Art of Drowning
qirien chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
Excellent characterization of Drace and Zargabaath! I wanted to know more about them, thank you. :-)
Renn chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Quite unexpected, and I must admit I'm very glad to have found's true that Zargabaath seemed different, and he spoke up for Drace, but in the end we never knew that much about him, not even his face I think...shoot, I can't even recall that!
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
My God, this is one of the most unexpectedly beautiful stories in the fandom I've ever since read. Your writing style just blows me out of the water and I'm still amazed you took a character we barely know and make him into someone immediately human, recognizable, tragic and sympathetic. And the incredible sense of helplessness (about Drace, about friendship, about the course of his own life) that surrounds Zargabaath (the judge who lived!) and his relationship with Drace is full of so much bathos and beauty I can't EVEN quite coherantly review.

Exqusite work!
SpazKit chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
holy CRAP.

That was utterly fantastic.

The setting, visuals, personalizations. I loved this bit-

"You appear fond of his company."

"Oh, yes, and look at the basis I have for comparison." Drace does not seem to catch the root of his meaning; that, or she simply neglects it in favor of rolling her eyes. "Bergan and Ghis. At least Zecht knows how to jest kindly. Without him, I swear we would be little more than humorless mendicants."

I love it. I have this fascination with the judges, and how they bitterly strip themselves of humanity to serve their empire - and then, what happens when the empire fails them? The underlying tones of drace and gabranth's relationship in this fic are telling of how they try so desperately to cling to some of what makes them people.

You did a fantastic job :)