Reviews for The Chronicles Buttons McCain
stress chapter 4 . 6/10/2007
Ah, Glory, I've been looking forward to reading this for days. Thank goodness for finally having some time, eh? Yay.

"He’s old and has been around for awhile. Probably was there when either the chicken or the egg came first."

- Oh my goodness, I just sat here and chuckled for a good two minutes. Kloppman is such an awesome characters, as is Buttons, and for the young (but so very wise, heh) newsie to have such a high opinion of the superintendent was great ;)

Ha, poor Jack. He thought he'd be able to play it off like he knew but Buttons was too quick for him. Nice.

Oh, goodness, I forgot about that part - I got to answer the question for the boys, that's great! And that quote was such a snazzy quip, I feel smart for getting to say it, hehe.

Awesome job, Glory! It was great to see Buttons around again :)
emmypenny chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Aw, I love Buttons! He's so cute!

You know, if you wanted to develop his character more, I have an rpg (role-playing game), where your character could actually interact with other characters. It's based off of Newsies, and it's open to citizens, newsies, and crib members. Anyone is welcome to join. The link is

It really needs members, and I love my Newsies too much to shut it down.
ChocolateCoveredJockey chapter 4 . 6/5/2007
Ha! The oldest arguement in life. I love it! I also love how Stress is the one who actually answers their questions. Just goes to show that girls are smarter then boys :P Write more soon! I love reading about Buttons.
Holiday chapter 4 . 6/2/2007
I love the kids' logic. It rarely fails to amuse me.

This was very cute. You captured Tangle's character very well and of course it is nice to read about Buttons and his growing up process once again. Hopefully we won't have to wait so long for the next chapter ;-)
kryscrossed chapter 4 . 6/2/2007
Um As I said before... SO freaking cute! haha, I loved it! Buttons is adorable, why can't all children be like him? I can't wait for the next installment!
yorozuyagaren chapter 3 . 3/12/2007
You mentioned witch hazel. That makes me happy.

These are so cute, it's almost sickening. It had me squealing like a fangirl, and that's a major feat in and of itself.
ChocolateCoveredJockey chapter 3 . 3/8/2007
Wow...that's awesome chapter! It was so worth waiting for! :D I hope the next one comes faster then this one though :P Great job girl.
stress chapter 3 . 3/8/2007
Oh, Glory, that was so cute!

Have I told you lately how much I adore Buttons? Because I do. He was so adorable, rushing off to stick up for Rally - even if it did meant that he got his butt kicked.

And Jack... :) Yay for teaching Buttons to stand up for himself. I loved that bit about knowing when to fight. That was perfect. It was a great lesson for a kid to learn and it really does work like that sometimes.

I can just imagine the look on Tops' face when Buttons just walked away from his instigation. Nice ;)
kryscrossed chapter 3 . 3/7/2007
Hey! I already told you that I loved it, but I'll say it again... I love it! It's so cute! Buttons is adorable, and I can't wait to read more about him. Great job, Morning Glory!
onesongofglory chapter 3 . 3/7/2007
"The two of them easily moved a thousand papers a week. With Jack’s God given talent and Buttons adorable mug, the good headlines moved their papers quickly"

Hm... that reminds me of a certain movie... but I can't figure out what...
Queen Kez the Wicked chapter 2 . 1/29/2007
ahh MG i love these! I hope Duck stays with Buttons throughout all the stories.. siigh. so fluffy and excellent. and now i'm all caught up! i need to start keeping track of all the stories i'm reading, cause the list is growing and it's getting a little ridiculous.

i can't wait for more!

-kez
Queen Kez the Wicked chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
"He was turning seven and there was not a single person in the whole place who did not know it."

I love that line. This story is so cute! I like the idea that the stories are growing up with Buttons, it seems as though the tone will change as he grows older and begins to look at the world in different ways. I'm really enjoying this light, happy stories, because they are just pure fun to read.. but I have a feeling things could (eventually) get darker. Yikes! At least there is still awhile to go.

-kez
donna79 chapter 2 . 1/29/2007
I like that all the older boys look out for Buttons. The part about the duck was good. It sounds like something a kid would do. And a kitten is a good first pet for a kid. So is a dog, but Buttons is a little too young for a dog.
donna79 chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
This was cute. At seven I still thought boys had cooties too. But eight was a different story. The way Buttons asked Rally to be his girlfriend was sweet. The interaction between Kloppman and Buttons was good too.
ChocolateCoveredJockey chapter 2 . 1/28/2007
Aw! I love Buttons! He's so squeezably adorable...I can't wait to see what his next adventure will be. You are brilliant my dear. Just brilliant.