Reviews for Feels Like North
The Back-up Deatheaters chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
You made this so very believable. It was true to character, and with much added insight. The words and imagery made me, as the reader, feel as if I was there in the moment. God, could I feel for Dean. A beautiful albeit doleful piece – thank you
Dark Angel's Blue Fire chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Loved this. Poor Dean always trying to make sure everyone is okay. x
PureGem chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I just stumbled accross this and it is amazing. You are so talented.
Laura of Maychoria chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Aw, John. He's lost his way. Dean tries to be his navigator and John won't let him, prefers to go off alone and harbor his grief like a bullet wound. And all Dean has left is to cling to Sam. :(

And Sam doesn't know. Sam curls up warm against his big brother and he doesn't KNOW.

Wow.
closedaccount12345 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
This is such an amazingly heartbreaking one-shot. Even though I wish with my heart of hearts that John wasn't this big of a jerk to the boys growing up, I sometimes realize that he probably was. And that makes me sad.

Great job with this, though. I really do love the way you did teen!Dean here. Very believable. Great job!
Becomingwaturmeanttobe chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Oh wow, this was excellent. Dean's emotions and the description in this is great. Loved it!
Pedellea chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
Beautiful. I love how Dean teeters between childhood and adulthood, and has that crushing weight of responsibility on his shoulders. Keep writing!
Child of a Pineapple chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
OMG...adorable little boys.

I loved this fic bunches and bunches.
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Seriously broke my heart. I totally understand the feeling of tentativeness and flinching at harshly spoken words. Very good description. I like how you wrote Sam and Dean sleeping together, preserving their heat energy and keeping each other warm, safe. When Dean begged his dad not to drink, not tonight, heartbreaking. Great oneshot.
noname32 chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
good job
Ridley C. James chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Wow, this was so heartbreaking. And beautifully written. It made me ache for Dean and Sam reading it, and I think it showed a side of John that probably existed. Very well done.

Ridley
Emrys1 chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Oh...just so...lovely!

Really.

Thanks!

Emrys
stealthyone chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Nicely done. You wrote the tension in this piece very well, with John so on edge and Dean caught up in it. Poor Dean is trying to take on more responsibility than he should at this age, offering to drive and trying to keep John from getting drunk, and then watching over Sammy.

Oh, *Dean.*

Favorite lines:

Calmly, Dean attempted to fold the map into a more manageable size. The things were really a test of your intelligence

*snickers* I remember I used to have trouble folding maps. I empathize with Dean.

In the backseat, Sam shifted, mumbling something about flowers and TV.

*g* I love Sam sleeptalking.

Dean pulled Sam closer and closed his eyes tight, and after awhile, when the wind had stilled, and John quieted, and Sammy’s mumblings had faded into snores, he slept.

Of course Dean can’t sleep until he knows Sam and John are OK. *pets Dean*
Carikube chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Ah God, this breaks my heart. Dean, even at this young age, holds too much responsibility, for Sam, for their father. I'm angry at John, even though I feel for him. But mostly I feel for Dean. He shields Sam, keeps him safe, but no-one is there for Dean.

Maybe it would have been better if the children of the corn had gotten John. But the sad fact is that it woudn't have been. John raised his sons to be hunters, to be distrustful, forever wary. Dean especially, grew up to be the perfect soldier. The only person he will ever truly trust is Sam. It guts me that this is what will give Dean and Sam their best shot at survival, but god it breaks my heart that it has to be so.

Again, your writing captivates and crushes me. Makes my chest squeeze, my throat tighten, and my eyes to burn.

Don't ever stop. You have a gift, and I'm so thankful you share it with the SN fandom, and by default, with me.
L'insomnie des etoiles chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
That's really good... and really sad.