Reviews for The Bathroom
sasha2002 chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
I really enjoyed this one-shot. It was fabulous to see another story from you. You really have a way of capturing the boys voices. Poor Sam, how embarrasing. And Dean as always coming to the rescue. Can't wait for your next story, soon hopefully!
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
Well girl I think you have outdone yourself with this one in the torturing of our Sam here. You've given him a major horrible owie with hands burnt, hotplated no less, swaddled in bandages only to leave him (& Dean) with the very delicate problem of being handless in a bathroom. (Still me thinks that a certain person named Faye's whose own dark thoughts on certain bathroom issues may well have may have influenced your inclination to write this wonderful ficlet a smidgeon here!)

Lightly written and so deliciously received that all I can hope is that this is just mere taster for more to come from your pen... please, soon! Roz.
LenJade chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
This was so cute! It had me laughing at loud in my college computer lab, but it was so worth the embarrisment.
amy jonas chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
*volunteers to help Sam*

Poor poor thing. the situation is so funny and yet I could just feel Sam's frustration and embaressment. Adn Dean...awesome big brother to the rescue with a back scratcher. lol

Loved this to peices

Amy
noname32 chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
Good JOb.
Silver Kitten chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
Oh my god I haven't laughed this much in a while! That was both painfully sad and hilarious...I just felt so bad for Sam, and for Dean not being able to help him like he wanted...and I felt kind of bad for laughing so much because of it.

You did so well with this. Love the prompt. Wonderful!
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Awesome work, Carikube! It's a very original idea to come from such a small and seemingly humorous prompt.

Ah, poor Sam! I've wondered before what it would be like to inure both your hands or arms. You'd be so helpless... I really felt for Sam when Dean came back and found him crying. It just shows what a good brother Dean is, that he didn't tease Sam about it (well, hardly).

Great one-shot!
bally2cute chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Aww Sam. I loved Dean's willingness to do what was necessary to help Sam, but Sam was not having it. I expected Dean to find a way to remedy the situation. Loved it!
Ciya chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
He should have tried sitting on the toilet backwards. That's how I potty trained a little boy I babysat.

Poor Sam.
stealthyone chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Aww, poor Sam and his, umm, problem. Good thing the boys are good at problem solving. *g*

Cute story. :)

Favorite lines:

“You want me to, uh,” he flapped one hand toward the bathroom, “… help?”

*g* I love Dean and the hand flapping.

Sam slid to the floor, crouched on his heels, eyes scrunched as he methodically bumped his forehead against the wall.

Poor Sam!
SciFi Girl chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
hehehehe you are so mean!

Geeze, I would have been HAPPY - MORE THAN HAPPY to help Sammy. :)
MollybyGolly chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
heh. funny. i liked the whole backscratcher part :)
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
You already know my favorite lines, so I'll recap:

Sam denying Dean's offer in the onset. Very good, very boy-ish. Especially about this matter.

Then the matter of how Sam GOT to be like this is awesome. You know I want that in a story, yes?

Dean not letting Sam hurt himself, both in trying to take off the bandages and with beating his head against the wall. Makes my little heart just melt. Emotion between brothers is gorgeous when done properly and this is perfect.

Lorna was handled just right- not too much attention on her even though she was a key feature. I don't care what she looks like, I just want to know how she helps.

And ending on a note of humor brings this to a perfect, gentle ending.

And to think you did this in what- two hours? CONGRATS!

me
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Another story! Yay! I loved how you wrote Sam, so vulnerable and sad. Can't wait for the next one!
SilverKitsune1 chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
99 percent of the writers that might have put Sam in this scenario would have just had Dean literally lending Sam a hand, but you (being the wonderful writer that you are) had Dean offer (cause come on he's Dean), but then had him looking for a way to help Sam by allowing Sam to be independent. I love it!

"Dean scratched at his thigh, pushed the laptop across the desk and warily stood. “You want me to, uh,” he flapped one hand toward the bathroom, “… help?”

“No.”

You can just hear Sam's flat, solid, I’m an adult and do not need your help!, no argument tone right here. Makes me giggle.

"bleeding and raw, plump with shame and frustration."

Bonus points for using the word "plump" I don't know why, but it just creates this very crystal clear image in my head. I think it's because it's not an adjective I see that often.

"Sam had been crying. Still was, though he tried to hide it. Brought one bandaged paw toward his face and clumsily wiped at the streaked tears."

Poor fiercely independent Sammy! This has got to be humiliating.
52 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »