Reviews for Object Permanence
ImpalaLove chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
This was pretty phenomenal. You were able to provoke so much emotion with just a few words. I especially loved this line:

It's very true to Dean's character. Fantastic work!
Hirundo chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Short, simple, and completely awesome. I especially love the lines: "Given a choice between Sammy and the world? Dean would let it burn. He'd light the fucking fire himself."
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
Awesome oneshot into Deans feelings after waking up and finding Sammy gone in HUNTED! You have Dean's feelings and thoughts down pat!
LadyMaureen chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Wow. Just wow.
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
I loved the line "his lies go to the bone." Poor Dean. This was brilliant though. I can just imagine the things he'll never say to Sam. Excellent story.
stealthyone chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Nicely done. Poor Dean, so worried and ripped up inside. I bet he did have trouble sleeping that first night he and Sam were back together.

Favorite lines:

It was a moment of weakness, a moment of thinking of himself instead of just Sammy. A moment of god, oh christ, oh fuck, it hurts, it hurts, I can't, I just can't...

Oh, Dean.

Leaning on that fence, staring over the water, he collapsed. His strength failed him, and for the first time in his life he turned to Sam for help. For the first time in his life he begged for something for himself. Just for himself.

"Please. Just...please..."

An empty bed, a missing duffel, no note. That was his answer.

This just breaks my heart.
SilverSkyBlade chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
I'm a Sam girl myself, and I'm also not much of a reviewer (I know, selfish.) But this was...freakin awesome. I loved the wording and the brilliant insight into Dean's mind. There's just something about your style with this piece- Blunt and direct- it just gets its point across without any fluff. Strips all the layers away and lays the stark truth bare. I especially loved "Dean knows how much strength you can draw from protecting someone else. He knows how simple things become when failure is not an option because the consequences are inconceivable. It drives you, like flame in your blood, drives you so far and so fast that you barely notice when the mountain you thought you couldn't cross is dust beneath your feet." and "Given a choice between Sammy and the world? Dean would let it burn. He'd light the fucking fire himself."

Again, amazing.

Hope Calaris chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
You know what? That is awesome. I can't even begin to describe how much I like it. Perfect sentences, perfect insight into Dean ... I'm basically blown away by this piece. Thanks for sharing
KatieLB chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
oh poor dean he just about breaks your heart doesn't he? Need more missing scenes from that episode! good job
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
That is absolutely brilliant. I love your phrasing and arrangement of words.

"Like how Sam is the only thing in his entire assfuck of a life that's keeping his goddamn heart beating."

Beautiful. I was desperate on Dean's behalf by the time it was over.
stjra chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
That was awesome! I feel that you got Dean's reaction to Sam taking off just prefect! Sam really is a selfish bastard, but Dean is so self sacrificing, that Sam will never hear that from Dean again. I love how in the show they have changed Sam's look so that he is definitely not the little boy following his brother around. More and more he is the one asserting his dominance, while Dean is the one struggling under the weight of all his burdens. Dean definitely has a fight on his hands to save Sam's soul. I hope he does, 'cause Dean won't survive if he doesn't! Anyway sorry to ramble, your fic was excellent, I'll keep a watch out for any future SN fics you write. Thanks for sharing!
Onari chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
"Given a choice between Sammy and the world? Dean would let it burn. He'd light the fucking fire himself." Loved that :D

It's only me or Sam acted as a real asshole in hunted?
JustGray chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
Yes! I can totally see this. Very plausible...very much how I was feeling about those interactions between the boys. Would love to see this come to a head at some point, get hashed out. Would love to see anything like that. Nice one shot. Good job.