Reviews for Dragonball Z Pairings of the Apocalypse!
TuckingFypo chapter 20 . 2/21/2013
You. are. a. genius! x3
I was choking from laughter the whole time reading this stuff and I even almost barfed while laughing! xDDD I'm ultimately scarred for life, thank you very much but most of all, I'm relieved that my TrunksxMarron pairing wasn't here! MWAHAHAHA! -gets shot-
TuckingFypo chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Oh my god...this has just scarred me for life. D:
It's still a big mystery to me how people can come up with these stupid and horrible pairings! x(
Kat chapter 12 . 1/18/2013
Omg, I'm reading this after having mouth surgery, so now, I am desperately trying to stop my laughter so that I won't tear out my stiches. God damn it Ned.
Gangnam Gokuu chapter 19 . 12/31/2012
Well, this is what every Bura/Goten or Pan/Toranks fan wants, for Goten or Toranks to be a predator and nail a girl more half his age.
Gangnam Gokuu chapter 8 . 12/31/2012
The best thing, the age gap, Mirai versus present Toranks battle, brilliant really.
Me chapter 20 . 12/16/2012
I've read this fanfic like, three times and it never gets old. My favorite chapters were the ones with Pan, Bulma and Piccolo, and the Piccolo and Vegeta one. - That one had me cracking up for hours. I like how you make fun of the pairings but not in a mean way, so people that actually enjoy those pairings don't get offended. Take the Goku and Vegeta one for example. I love that pairing, but still enjoyed reading the chapter. Recommending this to my friends, nice job!
crashbreaka chapter 2 . 9/7/2012
God damn, you could have warned us this had yaoi in it! lol.
holic chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
WHAT. THE. FUCK.
super saiyan chibi chik chapter 2 . 8/18/2012
XD im only reading this for the good yaoi pairings actually...i wish you didn't call it horrible though...it may be your opinion but it doesn't mean anyone else's are bad...and your yaoi skills might need some work! XD
-SSCC
Guest chapter 15 . 7/11/2012
"like a facehugger" *looks up facehugger* "... huh..."
Aleaster chapter 5 . 7/9/2012
I will never be able to sleep again. XP
Mrs V. Briefs chapter 20 . 6/11/2012
Lmao dude that was so f***n extreme, you killed me at 'Android 18 nd Krillin! Oh wait thats canon' lmao...bow to the janitor that's all i gotta say
Rosemary-the-Skunk chapter 16 . 6/6/2012
I must say, I really enjoyed your parody of What Hell Really Feels Like, even if I LOVE CellXFrieza and that story to bits. It's always good to have a laugh at yourself, ya know? :D

I think my favorite part of that bit had to be pointing out the obvious problem with the demons, that always bugged me with that story, as we've seen Cell easily take down a demon in some filler during the Majin Buu saga. But whatever helps tell the story, I guess.

The anatomy thing was another plothole for me as well, they never really told how Frieza had... well, you know, parts. I always thought his anatomy was like a reptiles, meaning it's internal until needed for well... you know, but the story never really touched that, and I liked how you pointed out that obvious problem :)

Great story, I love the satirical elements and sarcasm to it

(and p.s, I always thought Cell was more like a bug than a lizard, but, oh well.)
tetekanui chapter 20 . 6/1/2012
This...was...amazing. I just read through all twenty chapters, and man, my stomach hurts from all the laughing aloud I did. Not only were the pairings outlandish, but the cynical tone of the narrator - almost a character in himself - sealed the deal. There were all sorts of jokes, from running gags (Pan's rape and Goku's "Skip to my lou") as well as brilliant standalone lines. Even the disclaimers had me rolling! You have a firm grasp on how to make comedy work, something that is one of my main weaknesses as a writer, and for that I truly admire your work. There was not even one failed joke in this thing, I don't think, and the informal, conversational tone really helped a lot, I think.

I have to say, I even *like* some of these pairings (not saying which out of embarrassment :P), but the way you handled making fun of them was done well. You were irreverent without being mean-spirited about it. I especially appreciated how many times you made the extra effort to read fics in the pairing you emulated before writing your version.

The series Dragon Ball Z lends itself to parody, as it is ridiculous in its own right (there were several nods to this, like Mirai Trunks thinking about absolutely nothing except androids and one of the most memorable being how you were about to describe Android 18/Krillin until realizing it was canon!) but the fandom can be even more so, and I think that once in a while they deserve to be called out.

While grammar wasn't perfect, I didn't find that the mistakes took me out of the story at all, mostly because of how informal the style was to begin with. Still, a further proofread and a polished version might have been slightly better. In the end, that didn't matter so much, as the humor still shone through, plain as day. This is loose, unstructured writing, not following any particular format, and that is exactly how it should be. There is, of course, a lot of profanity, both in dialogue and in narrative. Usually I don't approve of quite so much foul language, but I feel it was always used to hilarious effect here and did not detract from the story. This story did not shy away from anything and embraced its irreverence, and in the end, I can feel nothing but respect for such fearlessness and truth to an original vision.

I wish there was a better way I could express my thanks for the hour or so of laughter you provided. This story was great, and will be one I'll be sure to revisit.
xxKhaleesixx chapter 2 . 5/4/2012
I hate that pairing with a passion. And also, lol at "Boo-Frickety-Hoo!" That's from Austin Powers right?
204 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »