Reviews for Safe Harbor
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Thoughtful, insightful and touching.
Serit chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Oh, this is loving and weepy and ties in well with "Movie with a Message." You've constructed a detailed and consistent backstory for these two Trip and Malcolm fics... only, enough with the weepies... please write more sweet, warm fuzzies!
einsteinflygirl chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
That was one of the best and most moving stories I've had the pleasure of reading in a long while. Expertly written, and the ending brought tears to my eyes. Amazing. Perfectly in character and so emotive.
Sita Z chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Like Romanse, I can't believe I've only found just found this! My only excuse is that I hardly had the time to write, let alone read fic, at the time it was posted!

Thank you so much for writing this story and including the part about Malcolm's childhood. I could practically feel the pain of the five-year-old child who is suddenly plunged into a world of adult hurt and anger he doesn't understand. Stuart throwing away the book was maybe the most hurtful moment; it was as if he were trying to physically destroy any love he might have ever felt for his son.

I also LOVED the second part. You write Malcolm and Trip so well, and I thought it was a very good idea to have Malcolm say good-bye to "Captain Reed". I'll have to agree with Malcolm on that last thought, though - it's more than obvious just how much Trip has taught him about love!

Wonderful story, thank you again!

Sita
Romanse chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
OMG!

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I came across this story, quite by accident, and read your note! I am COMPLETELY blown away, first, by your thoughtfulness in granting my request for this story, but for the absolute EXCELLENCE in which it was written.

I will tell you honestly, at the moment Reed heard the Trip speaking aloud to his father, the tears came to my eyes. I was so deeply moved by the completeness, the depth of storytelling. You hit the ball right out of the park with such sensitive writing.

This short story was a journey and that journey was very painful too as we saw what happened to Reed when he was a child, and like Reed, not understanding why. Malcolm's pain and grief was so expertly communicated, it became mine too.

But like a true Angst goddess Supreme, you delivered the sweet, sweet comfort in such a fulfilling way. I absolutely ADORED Trip in this story! The fact that this is a slash story is so PERFECT! Love truly did heal all wounds to the point where it was bearable for Malcolm. Trip showed just how much he loved Malcolm and it was a delight to read Trip’s POV and how he choose to help Malcolm by talking things out with his mother.

I loved, loved, loved the attention to detail in this story. The actions of the other characters, from Hoshi to Archer, to T'pol simple statement of comfort was lovely and deeply satisfying. The service brought things full circle and I could see the action in my mind.

LOL - in case you can't tell - I REALLY love this story! What a gem it is. This story wasn’t just entertainment. It is a good reminder that bad things sometimes happen to good people and that we don’t always know why, but it need not keep us from becoming good people.

THANK YOU so much for the lovely story! I am so happy and so embarrassed that I only saw it today! BRAVA!
Salhawke chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
Thanks for this - it brought a tear or two to my eyes, too!

I thought you handled both characters well, I could really believe it was Trip and Malcolm.
Pennyforum chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
Like the previous reviewer, I was in tears for most of this, particularly when Trip was speaking to Stuart. A very moving, touching and insightful story. Thank you.
Cally73 chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
A very moving story. You literally had me in tears in several places. My heart simply broke for the little five year old Malcolm. I thought of my little nephew who is nearly five and a small dark haired little boy. I just wanted to hug Malcolm. I liked the way that Trip handled his conversation with Malcolm - with much love and sensitivity. I agree with his insight into why Stuart treated Malcolm the way he did. Very plausible, and while I don't agree with what he did, can understand it.

LOL at Malcolm saying that he thought that he was the centre of Trip's universe.

Trip's final words to Stuart had me in tears again.

I noticed the Captian Reed part. Much better for Malcolm to grieve for the father he had known and loved - to remember a better time.

Thank you for posting this. :)