Reviews for Reign of Evil Xena
Kitten4 chapter 34 . 8/15/2012
Hope to seem more posts! I really like this story! Great Job!
Too Dam Sweet chapter 34 . 7/17/2012
More please I couldnt put it down. :) I love your story
Too Dam Sweet chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
I just found this story and I already love it. :)
ivo1617 chapter 34 . 7/14/2012
I am still trying to figure out how useful Dagnine is. He has some skills and he seems interested in doing whatever it is that Xena and Borias have set out to do. However, he seems to have the habit of upsetting people wherever he goes. And Xena and Borias were almost set up by a king that Dagnine had insulted.

That was some dream Xena had. However, Gabrielle was not the person that woke up right after her. I am presuming you meant that Borias woke up right after her.

I don't understand the reasoning behind Xena's current plan. She's dealing with a father who wants to get rid of his son and with a son who wants to get rid of his father. Why would one of them be more trustworthy than the other? Come to think of it, pretty much everyone that Xena encounters during this part of her would not be trustworthy.

Well, with you I am expecting everything to be historically accurate lol.
HAZMOT chapter 33 . 5/8/2012
Xena knows talents when she sees it. She's thinkng about the future of her army that will need Dagnine's so called skills. Granted I think he will be more trouble than help, but Xena shows' she's willing to risk it for raising and army. :D
Stardawn19 chapter 33 . 5/1/2012
OK.. these lines

"Killing them all would be interesting, and fun, but we'd never make it out of the city. No, we need to be more subtle…"

Borias smiled, "We could only kill some of them."

I couldn't help but laugh, I could totally see Boris saying that.

Interesting chapter though. We get introduced to Dagnine, and find out how he and Xena became acquainted. Funny though seems like he wants to become closer acquainted with her then she does with him. One of them is going to regret him joining the group.. eventually.

Good movement with the story though, can't wait to see what kinda trouble the three of them get into.
ivo1617 chapter 33 . 4/26/2012
I still don't get what you see in Dagnine, but this was an important chapter for Xena. She got to recruit the first person for her new army. And you did well to write a good chapter around this event.

Xena definitely has no regard for the law or any other human beings. She thinks that she can stop an execution and trample through a town of people just like that.

Dagnine really lacks respect for women. Though I am not sure how Xena and Borias figured out so quickly that Dagnine was the person that was going to be hung.
Stardawn19 chapter 32 . 1/28/2012
This chapter was more transcript/dictation then anything else, but it was a important part of Xena's development. It explains how Xena talked Borias into heading off into Chin, which was a major part of her past.

I think it's good here, that you are filling in these holes, making the whole story make more sense. As hard as it was for Borias to choose, at this point, it makes him a little more human. Sad though, that he abandoned his son, and never got the chance to see him again. Never really thought of it that way before. I guess it shows just what a creep Borias really was.. no wonder evil Xena wanted him.
HAZMOT chapter 32 . 1/28/2012
Xena is certainly the scheming type right now. She knows that Borias is the key to her having power and another army to go with it. Her challenge to Boria's wife is all she needed to keep Borias in check. Borias is no fool. He realizes what Xena has done and knows what he has lost with his wife and son. With his threat to Xena and his life now on the path of power. He has no choice but to join Xena in her quest for power and greed. :D
ivo1617 chapter 32 . 1/24/2012
Xena seems to be at a point in her life where she is just using people. I never considered how you would work that season six scene in which Xena was portrayed as a home wrecker in your story. I think that having that whole thing as a part of Xena's plan went smoothly into the story. Also Natasha managed to make things easy for her since she was already flipping out before Xena had done anything. Though Natasha might have been partly right about Xena - Xena does have some peculiar tastes.
Stardawn19 chapter 31 . 1/17/2012
So Xena's plan in successful, and she manages to not only get the double cross to work, but also kills her target. Too bad she had to submit to be beaten for it to work, but then again, it probably only served to fuel her fire.

The whole knife throwing thing was interesting. I'd always assumed she'd gotten that from the chakram, not beforehand, but she's Xena, and with her many skills, I'm not surprised.

So, now it looks like she and Borias are off to Chin. I love how you can see Xena really coming into her own. She's powerful, manipulate, and downright dark.. very interesting indeed ;).
ivo1617 chapter 31 . 1/16/2012
I can't decide who is sleazier. Samuil for his sexual tastes or Xena for pretending to be a slave to the extreme so that her plan would work. Samuil was totally clueless given his view that the battlefield is no place for women. I wonder if he even knew who threw that knife.

That was an interesting section about Xena pondering her throw. Xena ever missing is out of the question on the show, but she is young here. She is not even an experienced warlord. My guess is that you are trying to portray Xena as having a talent to throw something, bounce it off of something else, and then it would hit the target. Maybe this is the way she will learn to throw her chakram when the time comes for that.

I am a little confused by the ending. I understand that Xena did what she did in order to get Borias to take her ideas seriously and she might be succeeding. However, if she wants to start a new army, why does she need Borias if she is not going to utilize her army? Can't she start an army on her own?
HAZMOT chapter 31 . 1/15/2012
You see that Xena is gaining more and more confidence in her abilities to gain power. Borias is just a step in that direction. With her eyes on Chin, her plans for a bigger and better army is secretly her plan, not so much as having Borias along to help build, her army. Xena goes for all or nothing. Her reason for disbanding Borias's army is just a plan within another. :D
HAZMOT chapter 30 . 12/31/2011
The self deprivation that Xena allowed herself to go thru to gain power has to be a testament to her discipline and strenght as a Warrior and cunning leader. Knowing she can kill any man and especially Samuil, has to gain a sort of sad confidence for Xena to go thru allowable rape. I'm sure being crippled has a lot to due with her accepting her fate. But again, the power she revels in outweighs any physical cruelty that she has to endure. :D
Stardawn19 chapter 30 . 12/30/2011
I actually liked this chapter a great deal. I think it was interesting to see how far Xena would go.. not only letting herself be sold (given) like property, but also be taken. She must have a very low opinion of her self, to allow herself to be used like this. It's rather telling of her emotional state and how she's so removed from reality at the time.

The other thing that stuck me about this chapter is how well you've characterized Borias. I could literally hear his voice with your dialog. Nicely done :).