Reviews for Last Words
sbishoff chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Loved it. It was very believeable that Hardcastle feeling he was going to die, would want to tell Mark he was proud of him; and just as believable that Mak didn't want to hear it. It would mean he was accepting the end result, and he wasn't readyu to do that.

Great story, and thanks for sharing.
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
Stories like this are very emotional.

They are very good but way too emotional.

JeanneZ84
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
Yeah, I vote with Katharina-that's my favorite line, too. Humor in the face of desperate adversity is endearing. That's a very nice touch here.
Tharin chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
A nice missing scene. What made me smile was this part: “No buts. You fight, Milton C. Hardcastle! I still haven’t found out what the C stands for, so you can’t just check out.”
SuzanneF chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
Liz, you write the most amazing good-bye scenes! I gotta tell you that I hate death-stories, I hate when the writer takes the beloved character away and leaves the other there suffering alone, but I have to make exceptions with certain unique works. Your other fanfic, Anything I Own is one of the saddest stories I've ever read, yet I go back to it again and again. It's just so beautiful. No matter how many times I read it, it always makes my eyes teary. And I wish again and again that Mark wouldn't have died, wouldn't have left the judge.

But I wanted to review this ficlet. I enjoyed it a lot, and I love to know that unlike in Anything I Own, this time they both will make it. Thank you for sharing this with us.
louise1717 chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
HI these missing scenes really make me want to see the show again.

hope you write more
smithcrafter chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
Good one.
owlcroft chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
Oh, that "we'll take care of your father" line is a stunner. I liked the way you picked up the line from the episode, too; Hardcastle is still trying to tell McCormick he's in real trouble, either as a warning or maybe asking for some reassurance. Great job!