Reviews for Hold Fast
Good lord that was intense. You really have a serious talent for writing for these guys. I mean dang. If Supernatural ever needed a writer, you would have my full support. Heck I'd lead your campaign!
Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 2 . 9/21/2010
"Our lives are really weird."

"You're weird."

Oh Caleb. How often I have responded to someone's comment with a "YOU'RE weird!" Or "YOU'RE stupid!" Or my favourite: "Look what I bought! It was really cheap." "YOU'RE cheap!"

...Ok, that last one got me into trouble. 8P

Awesome story!

- Coolest Badguy EVER
Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Aww, isn't agro, scared-for-his-boys Mac adorable?

And I absolutely loved the opening to this chapter, with Caleb choking on his beer at the sight of Dean on the news. Hilarious image. 8)

Thanks for a wonderful read!

- Coolest Badguy EVER
elderwitty chapter 2 . 11/27/2007
Reaves shrugged. “Bad side effect from repeated exposure.”

I love you.

That's all.
bLEWfire chapter 2 . 10/18/2007
So I'm rereading some of your old one shots to keep myself occupied. And it crossed my mind that the interactions between Caleb and Sam (especially when they're older) might be some of my favorites. Seems like everyone's more of a fan of Sam and Dean and Dean and Caleb scenes, but Sam and Caleb have a really cool dynamic all their own. Sometimes I feel bad for Sam that Caleb cares so much more for Dean than him - but I think Caleb loves him in his own way. And I love the way Sam ALWAYS seems like a little kid when Caleb is talking to him. I'm just as excited to see Caleb and Sam's heart to heart after the deal, as I am to see Dean actually tell him. Yay for Ridley!
L. Burke chapter 2 . 7/31/2007
“Because once you‘re gone, Dean’s gone.” The psychic rubbed at his weary eyes, not able to bolster enough leftover anger to keep the emotion from breaking his voice this time. He met Sam’s gaze again. “I can’t promise you that Dean won’t put a gun to his head, but he sure will be looking to take a bullet or die some other reckless death.”

Man this was powerful.

It also makes you wonder if Caleb knows about some things that happened during the years Sam was at college neither he or Dean want to talk about. I have noticed Caleb seems very scared of Dean doing something very stupid. Almost like Dean may have tried something before? Because Caleb seems pretty sure Dean’s more than cable of trying to hurt himself.

I always wondered how Dean would have taken Sam going off to school, the situation with his dad, then to top off it off him falling heart first hard for Cassie and then her dumping him when he told her the truth about himself. I wonder if Caleb had to step in and try to stop a Dean self destructive binge. I wonder if Dean might have tried something stupid or Caleb barely talked Dean out of doing something stupid because Caleb seems more than certain if Sam is gone so is Dean.

Anyway this was great. Please keep up the great work.

Lee
River City1 chapter 2 . 4/11/2007
Another great addition to the Brotherhood AU. I felt so bad for the boys at the end of Nightshifter (I agree that it was a great episode)and I like the fact that, in your AU, they have some powerful friends who can help them.
spanishbean chapter 2 . 2/18/2007
Ok... I just had to comment.

First of all Ridley, I absolutely adore this whole idea of having a 'Brotherhood,' and all that comes with it...

I love the characters, I love the characterisation, I love the absolutely amazing and intricate story ideas you manage to come up with... *I'm sure many of us would kill for your imagination*

I absolutely love the way you've managed to make this universe fit in so perfectly with the show... it's done so well in fact, that often I find myself waiting for Caleb to just storm in. .

It's quite sad actually, when I find myself watching the show and finish feeling as though somethings just missing... what I wouldn't give to be able to watch your stories on t.v?

Secondly, while I realise this is probably going to be a waste of your precious time... I just have to comment.

I've noticed a lot of posts commenting about how Sammy is treated 'unfairly,' and 'badly.' While this may or may not be true, it cannot be denied that compared to some, he has lived a relatively sheltered life. All the same, none of the boys deserve to live life the way they have been but... I think i'm not the first one to say this, nor will I be the last - that Dean has tried his hardest to make Sam's life.. that much better and that much easier. To Dean, it's always been about Sam- take care of Sammy. It's been ingrained into his mind since that fateful night. It's sad that Sam never got a chance to really chose what to do with his life... but, well, he chose his path when he went to Stanford. And Dean didn't FORCE him to go look for his dad...

While it must suck that Sam has these supernatural powers... and always worrying about whether or not he's going to turn evil.. must be even worse, but still, Sam isn't alone. He's got Caleb, and Mac and even better- he's got Dean, his big brother.
JumpingJackFlash chapter 2 . 2/15/2007
I never realized that Caleb didn't like Sam. Wow that was a revelation to me. I have been reading a lot of your Brotherhood stories lately and it wasn't until I got to this story that I had to comment. Caleb still blames Sam for going away to school? Does he ever give Sam any credit for dropping everything when Dean asked him and going with Dean to look for John? Or does that not happen in your AU?

Just wondered. Poor Sam. Your first stories were very sympathetic to him. I wonder what turned you. Oh well, I guess that is what this Au.
LoveJeter chapter 2 . 2/11/2007
Another great chapter. I love how Sam & Caleb have a little heart to heart in the bathroom. HAHA I like how Sam wanted Caleb to look after Dean if anything ever happened to him and then how Caleb told Sam that there would be nothing to look after cause Dean would be too far gone to help. I also love how Caleb admits that he is like the older brother even tho you knew that's how he felt...but for him to say it makes it all the more real. Great job and I hope to see a Chapter 3!
inzane73 chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
Great story! I loved how Caleb made Sam realize that if Dean had to kill him, he would be shortly following. My bet is he would throw himself into the path of every bad thing that came his way until something took him out.
Smokey Joe chapter 2 . 2/6/2007
I like the way you brought in Sam wanting Caleb to look after Dean if Dean has to kill Sam. Awesome story.

~SJ
Ephemera2 chapter 2 . 2/5/2007
This story, like all of the stories in the alternative universe you've created, really packs an emotional wallop. Once again, I'm just amazed that you've managed to create such a rich, layered, textured and believable universe, and that Sam and Dean fit in so seamlessly. I've come to absolutely crave Caleb/Dean scenes- as the series grows ever darker, and Dean seems ever lost and somewhat marginalized, I find myself thinking, "How I wish that Caleb could ride in on his metaphorical white horse, give Dean a sound talking to and then drink him under the table and make him realize he's okay and not alone?" When a die-hard fan watches her favorite show and finds herself wishing for fanfic instead, you know the writer is really doing her job. Thanks for the efforts- they are appreciated.
Emily chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
I don't know about that. Considering Sam's own words to Dean at times-he's the one person Sam knew he could always count on, the way in the heat of things Sam always seemed to think Dean could somehow make things right and that's right up to and including Playthings because ultimately putting his death on Dean's shoulders is saying "I know I can count on you". Clearly Dean has been one person who Sam has felt would be there no matter what Sam did or what happened to Sam and that was even through their estrangement while Sam was at college because ultimately it was Sam and John who were estranged, Dean just got caught in the crossfire.

Every one worships the ground Sam walks on. He's so intelligent, pure, brilliant and wonderful. Dean loves his brother and that...that is about all Dean has got. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape because someone dared yell at Sam for once instead of acting like his every word and deed is sacred.

I did feel sad for Sam in Houses of the Holy but not because he feels he *only* has Dean watching out for him. Sam should be a little bit more appreciative of that instead of belittling it as not being good enough. He already has more on his side by having Dean there than alot of people in his position would. He should be grateful for it instead of sounding like there is something lacking because he doesn't have a whole army protecting his virtue.
TopazGirl86 chapter 2 . 2/4/2007
This was a cool ending to this tag! Poor Caleb, trying to take care of Dean and Sam on a "normal" day is hard, trying to keep them from self-destructing and sacraficing themselves is even harder! I like the big brother discussions they had when talking about Dean! It was very neat and kinda teary, when you had Caleb mention how Dean wouldn't need anyone to protect him if Sam died, because there wouldn't be anything left for anyone to protect! I can't wait to read what you post next! Oh and I liked the merchandise for the Brotherhood AU, very snazzy artwork!