Reviews for On The Wings of a Phoenix
lazybum89 chapter 11 . 5/3/2014
Great story! Love it! :-)
need2no chapter 11 . 8/25/2013
This was totally, completely, 100% AWESOME! I would've sent a review when I finished Dragons, but I was crying so hard that I couldn't see to type. I'd no sooner stop crying when I just had to reread the "good-bye scene" again. Then Guess what? I was crying even more. when I finally stopped (about 2 hours later!) I just had to start reading Phoenix right away. And I read til 2 AM last night, hoping to get to the happy ending. but, alas, my eyes wouldn't cooperate, so I had to wait and finish today. Your stories are great. I think Semper Familia was the first one I read. (I've only recently found FanFic) And that is a fantastic story. And this one is equally awesome.
Thanks for your writing. I'm a big fan. Can't wait to go back to your list and pick a new one to start.
PokeyDotes chapter 11 . 8/6/2012
I have to say, Sam and Dean will always be my favorite. However, you've created a world and molded characters that I would have otherwise overlooked in the SN world in such a way that I find myself looking forward to reading about Caleb and Joshua as much as I do Sam and Dean.

I finished reading Dragons at around two in the morning and was in a horrible mood the next day, thanks to Conner (Dick head) and all the hurt the brotherhood was feeling. I didn't even make to lunch before I pulled up fanfiction on my work computer and started reading Phoenix. That being said, after all the tears and what not, the dinner table ending has to be one of the best endings I've read for any story in this fandom, my own personal opinion. I literally laughed out loud.
Leighh chapter 9 . 6/1/2011
I freaked when I found out that Caleb wasn't a part of Mac's party! That had me on end. Bahaha.
dinny chapter 8 . 6/1/2011
This story gives me the chills! I love it!
Lannie chapter 11 . 7/12/2010
Your stores made me cry, both of them did. Like the first one had me sobbing when Sammy was taken away by Conner and this one as well, like when Dean was kidnapped, I was so frighten thinking that he really might have died. I had to restraint myself not to skip chapter...so over all it was a good story and i hope you keep up with you brilliant work.
Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 11 . 4/13/2010
And there we have it. The end of another AWESOME story. 8)

Everything to be said about it has pretty much been rambled on about in my past reviews, so I'll just say thanks for a wonderful read. The hardwork and dedication you put into your work is always appreciated. 8)

All the best,

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 10 . 4/13/2010
After all the action from that last chapter, this was a nice gentle chapter - though Sam and Conner's scene was incredibly sad.

That was balanced out nicely with pretty much the rest of the chapter. Jim's comment about "keeping in the know" of new music trends gave me a giggle, as did his thoughts regarding previous Triads rolling in their graves.

However, that was trumped by the entire scene beginning with Mac murmuring "Esme". Everything from their was freakin' hilarious!

I also particularly liked Caleb's comment to Mac(of course!):

"What happened to wanting John and the boys to come live with us?"

Caleb rolled his eyes. "I was fifteen and you wouldn't let me have a dog. They were the next best thing."

Wonderful chapter! Time to finish up. 8)

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 9 . 4/13/2010
Woah. This was a long chapter, and tied together a lot of the loose ends very nicely. It was nice to see the badguy go down and the heroes succeed - atleast on the supernatural side of things.

The confrontation was intense, and the rescue emotionally brilliant. And, of course, we had a nice bit of humour chucked in the lighten the mood:

"Deuce, everyone knows that near death experiences by psychotic serial killers are green flags for momentary chick-flick scenes, right along with your favorite team losing the World Series and Old Yeller dying. It's in the Hunter's Handbook."

Ahh, Caleb. You gotta love him.

Another amazing chapter, of course. 8)

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 8 . 4/13/2010
Yes, this is another evil cliff hanger, and if I didn't have the rest of the story waiting already, it would be quite painful. 8

You portrayal of Marcus is incredible - his unpredictable and sinister manner is very chilling. More Dean angst always makes for a great scene.

However, all that aside, Caleb's memory in the first scene was the highlight of the chapter for me. It's always interesting to see you build Caleb's character, and the origins of "Deuce" is so bittersweet.

A lovely, but kinda creepy chapter. Definitely can't stop here!

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 7 . 4/13/2010
I clearly remember the moment the "hunter" is revealed to us, yet even reading it for a second time doesn't ruin the intensity of the scene. So much drama, angst and mystery! 8)

I've always loved the secret messages that Dean and the others have been able to pass to one another, like the phone call in (I believe) "Growing Pains". And it's nice to know Joshua was able to pick up on the hints to call for help. Good ol' Josh. ;)

You left the story at an evil cliffhanger here, so thank goodness I don't have to wait!

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 6 . 4/13/2010
This was another awesome chapter, which really pushed the story along its mysterious and dramatic path.

Sammy's phonecall at the beginning was very cute, but also sad, as his moments in "Phoenix" have tended to be.

As usual, Caleb's protectiveness over Dean was very sweet - tis always a favourite bit in any story for me. 8)

Everything is very suspenseful and brilliantly written... and that's saying something, considering I already know what's going to happen!

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 5 . 4/12/2010
After all the angst and hurt, it was nice to see some much-needed comfort in this chapter. Mac maintained his position as Dean's favourite uncle in that first scene; his protectiveness was very sweet.

It's always interesting to see John's reactions in these circumstances, because he's such a diverse character. Half concerned for Dean and half pissed at him pretty much covered his natural instincts there, but his chat with Caleb was a nice turn in his character. Caleb always does so well to bring out the finer points of these Winchesters. 8)

Wonderful chapter with a good serving of fluff with all the drama. 8)

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 4 . 4/12/2010
This was another brilliant chapter, mostly cause I loved Joshua and Dean's scene, which was very sweet. I liked seeing the slowly (really slowly) forming friendship that Joshua forms with the Winchesters and Caleb, especially after reading Vengeance is Mine and The Hard Sell.

Bobby added some wonderful humour in there, talking about Joshua and Caleb being the new Brady Bunch, and Caleb threw in a great line: "I think I just threw up a little." Oh, the irony! 8)

Lovely chapter, as always.

Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 3 . 4/12/2010
Wow, this was an incredible chapter! The change in perspective to the "hunter" going after Dean was awesome; a brilliant way to further explore the consisten background story of the supernatural villian we've been reading about since the first chapter of "Dragons".

I've always quite loved Joshua, so his comments during Conner's scene were great, especially when Caleb pulled the gun. Lovely bit of humour slipped in there.

Poor Dean suffered some more, but we can never have too much Dean angst. 8)

Joshua carrying Dean was a very sweet image for me, and I loved Caleb's comment:

"As long as he doesn't bleed on me, that is," Joshua added, and Reaves was almost impressed with the man's diversionary tactic. "The rain has done enough damage but I'm afraid even my miracle worker of a dry cleaner won't be able to remove sanguineous stains."

At least Caleb hoped it was a tactic. "Make an effort to clot, Deuce."

And Joshua "droning on" about Dean standing him up was a cute way to end. I thought Joshs's comment about feeling almost like a "kindred spirit" to Dean because of their fathers was an interesting piece of his character, so that last moment with him scolding Dean made him look like an older, responsible brother. Very sweet. 8)