Reviews for Mr E and That One Dude
Oh man chapter 1 . 6/15/2016
Wow. I remember reading this a handful of year when it had been recently finished. Man did I love it. I was feeling nostalgic so I decided to find it again. I still love the story concept, I still love how well Stan and Kyle are written. The rest, however...
The writing is so poorly done. The grammar isn't the problem, it's how you went about writing it. Adding random author's notes in the middle of the story really removes the reader from the story. Or adding jokes and being like "just kidding" can ruin the flow.
Some of the characterization is fairly off too. I understand they're in high school and people tend to change quite a bit, but some of the stuff is just wrong. Carmen isn't as brash as he usually is in the show. Wendy doesn't have as strong altruistic persona, it actually almost non-existent. And Kenny is far too meek around women. While yeah he doesn't talk much in the show and that could be seen as shy, he was always the one to say something lewd and/or go up to a girl.
The story concept is great, it just needed better execution.
Onethatlovesyou chapter 8 . 6/18/2014
OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU! your writing style is so awesome and I just loved everything about this! XD
twoshotsofvodka chapter 3 . 4/30/2014
YES THAT'S RIGHT, RED, YOU DON'T BELONG. NOW GO ON, SHOO.

I'm really liking this whole stranger/best friend thing, it's just endlessly hilarious that stan can't realize and/or accept that he's in love with his best friend…but i like that he's using female pronouns as opposed to male ones 'cause it really puts his feelings into perspective and as such it's probably easier to address them. i can't wait until that definitive moment where feelings are realized :D

and i hope red falls down a well, like seriously i can feel the energy radiating off of her through my computer screen, and i cringe. partially in second hand embarrassment and partially just…ugh.
Hathbeenreading chapter 8 . 9/16/2012
I adored the way this was written. The idea of a wandering semi-interactive narrator who is only as omniscient as she wants to be- with a healthy frustration with the conventions of writing, while still writing impeccably. And it was clever and funny, thought provoking when you or the characters were feeling philosophical. And I loved the characterization- it was both appropriate and tragically I haven't seen some of those possible ways the characters would have changed come high school(in particular, Cartman.)
And I loved the storyline- especially that disconnect between someone you care deeply about and a stranger. Because with anonymity, you really don't care what they think of you because no matter what, you think they won't place an identity to it. They may know something you won't tell anybody, but there's that security that they don't know whose secret it is. You may want to tell some you know and love, but there's that innate fear of rejection because you do care strongly about how they see you. I sort of love when Stan was forced to realize that you don't need anonymity, because the people that love you want you to trust them, and if you associate with worthy people, they'll accept you. It was just one particular element and how you handled it. I just loved this. It was utterly charming, and I'm glad I had the pleasure of reading it.
Guest chapter 8 . 7/22/2012
I bet it took 4 eva huh?its so sweet with stan and kyle though! _
lighght chapter 8 . 7/27/2011
It's two o' clock in the morning and I'm still online because I didn't want to stop reading. And, I'll be honest when I first saw that bold printed 'defiantly' knowing it had to have meant definitely, I clicked off and then came back, started to read it, and didn't want to stop.

Ah man, some parts made me laugh pretty hard, others made me get that stupid smile, and I just really liked everything. Props to you for making super long chapters; you don't see that very often. And your grammar is great once I got passed the fact you didn't actually think 'defiantly' meant 'definitely'.

Great job!

~Lindsey
SweetMicki13 chapter 8 . 7/7/2011
ok dude your as good as a writter as lewis carroll and just as crazy ( auther of Alice's adventures in Wonderland)
unironic chapter 8 . 2/13/2011
Dude this story was amazing.

Somewhere between the hilarious punny narrator, the epic romance, oh yeah and that wee bit of tyde, I was completely captivated.
RedInkMagic chapter 8 . 12/17/2010
I laughed so hard reading this that I laughed so hard I cried

BAD GRAMMAR! OMGFAIL
bwah chapter 7 . 11/19/2010
i love the narrator sfm! HAHA that is seriously one wicked dedicated lady. this entire thing makes me happy to such extremes, bb you don't even know. I'm so glad I read this, you're an amazing author you know. GAHH so sad this is about to end!
justar chapter 4 . 11/19/2010
I know this is basically three years old, but HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS STORY and you seem like an amusing person. :3

seriously, so much love for you. SO MUCH.
Wocket chapter 8 . 9/14/2010
Ending was cute, though i wish they fucked. Lol jk.

The only complaint I have is what I had said in my last review about you putting yourself in the story but since the fic had a good plot I'm willing to forgive. Lol

thanks for a good read. I loved how long the chapters were. For an eight chapter fic it took me a while to read (which is a good thing)
Wocket chapter 6 . 9/13/2010
won't let me sign in

anyways I thought I'd for sone reason leave a short review now before I actually finish the fic.

The whole history project thing was predictable... But thy doesn't mean it was a bad idea. Some of the best stories are predictable.

A few things that bug me are how Eric isn't a complete asshole. Ofcourse that's how you characterizes him and stuff... I just think it would have been a bit funnier with his fattass doing something completely ignorant. Lol

uuhh I also kinda didn't like how kenny died. I know it happens in the show and stuff but it kinda breaks off from the reality of the fic. I mean you made it kinda work but I also feel like it wasn't needed.

Also It kinda bugs me how you break away from the story and refer to yourself... Like with the 'I got tired of following them and took a break but when I did find them.. Ect' I feel like it kinda breaks I guess the third wall... It's like if I were watching something like Glee or One Tree Hill and a character decided to ask the 'viewers' a question. I understand it's your writing style and I respect that. In no way am I saying I dislike the fic because of it. I'm just giving my opinions. Isn't that was a reviews for?

Over all I so far like the fic and think he plot is very good. I read exactly what you told me I was gonna read in the first chapter, a feel good fic.

I do gotta say though, I almost stopped Reading at your joke opening. I was like 'oh god not ANOTHER overly dramatic beat friend in a hospital fic' lol

I am happy I read on though. Also I love long chapered fics. I dispose short chapters cause barely anything happens.

Anyways, since I'm assuming your name is 'style xx' for love of the style pairing... I hope to read for style fanfic' of yours when I finish with this. If there is none... Then I guess I am left to be a bit sad for a bit.

If you would like to reply (since it seems like you enjoy replying to reviews) then you can email it to

also ignore any typos. This is written on my iPhone and the thing sometimes like to switch words like 'fic' into 'fix' ect
Darkslayer18 chapter 8 . 8/1/2010
O_O i love this story i wish i'd been a style fan 3-4 years ago...but i think at the time i was just admitting to myself that i liked guys hmmm so i prolly wouldnt have read this then...anyway...love chu :3
Darkslayer18 chapter 7 . 8/1/2010
Awwwww awesomeful and stop fucking scaring me "he found stan dead" what the fuck i nearly cried im tired of sad endings to style stories