Reviews for The Cradle to the Grave
Angel Baby chapter 25 . 5/27/2010
i cried so much i got sick then a song i heard came to mind about little Pauline look it up and think about Pauline an you probaly cry the song is "Breakaway" by, Kelly Clarkson
IndietroBella chapter 25 . 12/11/2009
It took me a while to read this, between school, and coming home, trying to write my own stories, I always made time for this specific one. Always. The way it was so wonderfully written, eerie, and detailed, caught my interest without a doubt. And now, reading the end of it, I got a chill throughout my spine. Phenomenal
xo. Beautiful Insanity .ox chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
I absolutely love your story. It's so very well writen and very discriptive, good job. Please update soon,

xo. Syn
SinfoniaCoral chapter 25 . 9/3/2008
this's story is really amazing...it's one of my favourites...

you're really talented...

i can't wait to see the next chapter...
sonyerr chapter 25 . 8/26/2008
I had chills by the end of this chapter. The emotion is absolutely tangible. Thank you for a wonderful read; I hope you can update soon. :)
Shay Piratess chapter 25 . 8/21/2008
Mah'velous! Absolutely mah'velous! XD

It's been a VERY long time, but this has been well worth the wait, I assure you! It looked difficult to write, I don't envy you! Thanks for adding her mother in - finally. That's a nice and important addition to this never-boring story! XD

Shay
QueenHatter chapter 25 . 8/20/2008
You don't know it, but I actually had a bit of an 'episode' when I saw that you updated your story XD

I kinda scared my dog out of the room.

Like with all of your stories, this chapter was lovely.

It was interesting to read.

Sometimes you had to read between the lines.

Not everything is clear.

I like that.

_

Though I would like to see more interaction between Netta and Lizard.

But still, your a fantastic writer and I truly hope that you will contiune to write more and hopefully finish this story some day.
Twilight Vamp chapter 24 . 6/1/2008
Love this! please continue!
QueenHatter chapter 10 . 4/14/2008
Of all of the few 'The Hills Have Eyes' stories that are avaiable on the internet, yours' is one I read often.

You have an amazing way of describing things.

I have yet to read a part where the detail isn't rich or colourful.

You make the Hill People have likeable personalities.

I think some people forget that they aren't really monsters.

They're humans.

And, to me, you give them human personalities. (Well, as humane has they can be.)

I truly do enjoy the relationship between Netta and Lizard.

I'm a huge Lizard fan (he's nifty XD).

I also like how he is with Pauline.

Even though that wasn't his child, he was still so kind to her.

I enjoy the fact that you added Neptune and his family.

It shows that there might be more familes besides Jupiter and Hades, which, in my opinion, gives the story more depth.

All in all, I find your story a wonderful read.

It's beautifully written, and I hope someday you will being to update it again.
Bel-d'Thuille chapter 24 . 4/8/2008
"Oh, the things that break your heart. Times like these and I ached palpably for motherhood – female subtleties Aries and Capricorn could not possibly have realized or understood. A crippling estrogen blow to the ribs."

-Just one of the many things I love about this fic- Netta is so multi-faceted it's literally tragic to see her worry away at herself and try to explain all her mistakes, faults, and feelings to the reader, as if she were actually desperate to make us all understand (or, as you said in an earlier chapter, she's actually telling her story to another character which will be revealed in the sequel).

And that opens up a whole other line of questioning! Who is she spilling her story to? Since at times she seems to pause and explain her actions/emotions apologetically while still insisting she forgives the actions of the ones she loves (though not herself, evidently), I can't help but try to work out who she's speaking to! Is it a character we're already familiar with - Lizard or Ruby, perhaps? Maybe, and this is the conclusion I've been leaning toward, it's a future child or even one of the Carters- Doug, Bobby, or Brenda? Or a character we haven't met yet? I can't wait to find out, and though I never want this fic to end, I'm also eager to find out the answers to these questions.

And another reason I love this fic- it's the only one I've read that prompts me to analyze it so thoroughly, almost like a college thesis! It's so riddled with depth, metaphors, second meanings, allegories, and even allusions it presents an almost endless contingency of colliding logic and ideas that is so real and inherent to human nature sometimes I can hardly believe you've captured it so fluently in writing!

By God, update the quickest you can! I must read the next installment, and soon.
The Noble Rot chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Enigmatic and creepy! A fine beginning to what promises to be a chilling tale!
EP1TAPH chapter 24 . 2/7/2008
Dude.

Good story.

I'm totally digging it.
Armyangel93 chapter 24 . 1/29/2008
Your writing is so beautifully written. It is genious. I feel so inspired when reading your work and it just makes me want to write and write and write. I find this a compelling and very exciting story that I plan to read over and over again, like a good book. ]
NightMary chapter 24 . 1/28/2008
A deal's a deal, so here's my end of the bargain. I would have wirtten this, anyway, since you're like the much more prose-driven sister I wish I could have had than anything.

Again, the contrast in just about everything you write is... amazing. Childhood innocence- canniballistic sin, love, tenderness- death, coldness- you get the picture. Also, I gotta love those descriptive words (even though there are SO many of them, yeesh O.o) which seem to give the reader the amazing ability to not only learn that Netta's as loony as a any regular in a fancy schmancy cotton factory, but to understand the things she sees, hears, and, usually, imagines, that a person can't help but not only be left breathless at the end, but to feel him/herself pulling back, disturbed by the nightmarish things you so beautifully describe- and unable to look away.

Also- this one line was my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE in this chapter- "Like flowers in hell." Beautiful, yet disturbing. And the way you left that line to stand alone there seemed to make it all the more powerful in its dark imagery. Bravo, dear Tonney, bravo.

So, I know I've been wondering about how well you could handle Netta's POV/ realism in the past, but I'm willing to forego ever having uttered the phrase, "Netta seems a little... a little OOC, don't you think?" as long as you keep her characteristics and dark way of thinking as rich as she is presented in this chapter.

Yes, continue with the first person as well- this seems to be Netta's story, and I believe it's best told in her language- through her own broken sifter of a mind. If a hick like me could be trusted, that is.
Everlasting Defiance chapter 12 . 1/28/2008
Wowie, you kept me on the edge of my seat! Explaining the possible danger from Neptune at all times still has me on my toes and anticipating something awful! And I can see why Lizard was so violent in the movie - damn Neptune, Mercury, and Preach!

I also love how you described past killings as merciful and quick, so I no longer see Lizard as a complete savage with no sense of pity anymore. He was a brute in the movie, but he wasn't always like that in my eyes, thanks to your realistic writing!

“I find that hard to believe,” I told him, my voice almost teetering from the impact I knew my comment would have. “Since your sons were so easily taken care of.”

Netta fucked up big time when she said that! :D

¥ shay