Reviews for The Black Imaginings of Artemis Entreri
Arcole chapter 4 . 2/3/2009
Why aren't there more of these? There need to be more of these. Period. That's all I can say right now.
Arcole chapter 2 . 2/3/2009
Seeing Death is just past creepy. Way past creepy. But oh so good.
Arcole chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Oh great stuff. I really needed to read this. Not only does this so jive with AE, it's great poetry besides. I think A Promise might be my favorite, but they're all so close.
Nezumii chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
I can just imagine Jarlaxle looking on in concern as Artemis is sitting in a corner with his arms around his knees, rocking back and forth saying these things.

Fantastic poetry.
Nezumii chapter 4 . 5/9/2008
Please update soon.
Drow Elf chapter 4 . 2/27/2007
Whew, a little strange. This scene was extremely well written, but I demand an explanation as to what exactly happened. Did a surpressed memory decide to punch through his defenses at that moment? Rather confusing.

Can't wait 'til the next installment!

Lucifer's Minion chapter 3 . 2/11/2007
Quite interesting. It reminds me somewhat of my second chapter in A Road to be Walked, which, by the way, I need to get writing on.
Drow Elf chapter 3 . 2/10/2007
Typical Artemis. Seems only natural that he would do it on the floor. _

Lola Witherbottoms chapter 3 . 2/10/2007
Chilling... These stories are exceptional and I for one look forward to any future chapters. You have a way with Artemis's mind that's extremely unnerving but you handle it well. Great job.

Lola
Drow Elf chapter 2 . 2/6/2007
For some reason, I cannot find anything to say.

Good job. Poor, poor Artemis. I wish Mr. Salvatore would get into his mind as deeply as you do.

Michaelmas chapter 2 . 2/5/2007
I really do enjoy the way you portray Entreri's psyche. It seems twisted and almost removed from reality - the convoluted mind you hinted at last time is revealed in parts. Not only does apathy keep him detached from the world around him, but he is almost trapped within his own mind by torments - unable to understand the feeling of others. I'm not sure I'm expressing it adequately, but he is almost trapped in his own mind by torments; he cannot escape it and the pain this brings him forms a vicious cycle, bringing further torments. He appears, effectively, to be severely damaged.

Give us more!
Drow Elf chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
My heart was breaking as I read it. My dear, your mind most certainly has issues, which, of course, wholly makes you one of us. _

Michaelmas chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
Very good, particularly Counting Days. It seems to me - please correct me if I have it all wrong - that you've captured perfectly the yawning emptiness of despair that spans eternity here, and that comes with apathy and nihilism.

If you'll forgive me for saying so, some of your phrasing seems slightly stilted - "ranker" - and perhaps would be improved by different expressions which fit with the meter?

On the other hand, I love - again, tell me if I'm turning things on their heads - the somewhat twisted and obscure feeling that comes from melding scenes together in a sort of mish-mash of foulness and death; not only does it give an insight into what would likely be a convoluted and perhaps at times unhinged mind, it also conveys a feeling of apathy. The speed with which you move through images doesn't leave time to dwell on them, and so the mind almost passes over them without caring.

Wow, that was a waffle. Keep it up!