Reviews for The Hero of Wolves
Nanabanana chapter 31 . 8/5
Wow. This story has litterally had me in the feels. I cried, I laughed, I felt pain, I felt hope, I LOVED it! I can't wait to read more, but I'm waiting so my sister can catch up with me! Lol. I always feel so bad for these characters when I think about their stories in the games and so this had me so frustrated because I want them to be happy, but at the same time I loved all the twist and turns you took. That's what keeps you hooked. I could totally see this happening. Though there were little things here and there I questioned, it all tied in for me at the end. A great read and your writing is fantastic! I love the way you used everything to build this world and I also loved the added characters. Can't wait to finish the series!
icicle.c.cold chapter 31 . 5/21
Hey, I really like your writing, and you are really good at it. actually suggested your stories to me after I finished reading all of his Zelda stuff. Your only real typos consist of using the wrong spelling of a word, a few missing words here and there, and the occasional wrong order letter. They are far and few between and the narrative has me HOOKED. I am just dying to know what happens next in the third book of Doppelganger! It's not finished yet and I reached the last published chapter! Twig reminds me of a cross between a Deku Scrub and a Korok, from Windwaker, only he is tiny and can't talk. I eagerly await your next chapter, and offer my proofreading services to you if you would like them. Don't ever stop writing, you have real potential to be a published author, if you aren't already. If you are already published, I would like to buy your books.
RealCoolDude chapter 31 . 4/17
Perfect execution of that drastic change to your characters. Allowing us readers to get attached and re-familiarize ourselves with characters we know and love- plus Ikal like one would with any fanfic. But a change such as that, placed after we feel love pretty much guarantees continued reads and support (though you probably would get that anyway .it mixes the wonders and freedoms of fanfiction, but includes the timing to not scare anyone from changing things from what they know too fast. This is kind of an old story since you’re on the third part now, and has likely already been said before, but GG, Wolfess, GG.
RealCoolDude chapter 14 . 4/10
...Good job -...I’m sad now...
Opalalchemy chapter 16 . 3/30
I really enjoyed this story up until now. However, I cannot stomach slavery being treated as a mercy by the narrative. I don’t know if this concept is challenged later in the story, I will gladly keep reading if it is, but if not then I’m afraid I can’t bring myself to continue your fic.
HaveAReview chapter 31 . 3/29
Surprising what a good ending can do to my overall opinion of this story.

Halfway through it I was about to quit, but kept reading thinking, “Well, maybe I should continue reading to prolong that other story I want to read, even though I’m not too interested in where this story is going.”

The building issues in this that lead to the end of this first story was so good that it turned my opinion upside down on itself.
Sonia Gomez chapter 13 . 2/14
This is awesome
Waterwomen1414 chapter 31 . 10/25/2017
I just found your story two days ago and I've loved every minute of it. can't wait to start reading the next one.
SuperSaiyanTeemo chapter 31 . 8/27/2017
came here to see more wolf link, stayed for the fantastic work building and character development. I love how you are making dark link in this trilogy. I'm off to read the rest!
Aynessa chapter 22 . 7/28/2017
That was officially amazing. I am so in love with this fic.

And I hope Link will begin to trust Volc a little and reveal some of what's going on.
Aynessa chapter 21 . 7/28/2017
This is literally the only thing in the entire world that has ever made me LIKE Zelda and want to cheer her on. In this story, you have made her AWESOME!

Also, I have been immensely enjoying this fic. I meant to stop and review sooner, but your story is so freakin good I just haven't been able to pause long enough until now, just been devouring every word. I have been longing for a LoZ fic just like this. All the others are so OOC or juvenile or silly, whereas this one retains the feel of Twilight Princess, of Legend of Zelda, mixing an epic adventure with the small details of lives and relationships, showing brooding evil even as heroes work hard for the light, mingling love and sorrow in the same story. Truly, an epic masterpiece. I'm not even finished yet and I can already tell this is a masterpiece.
Funguy02 chapter 1 . 4/7/2017
GREAT!
Scitoxiuq chapter 31 . 2/6/2017
This story was awesome!
VideoGameGeek17 chapter 1 . 1/22/2017
I love your story! It's awesome!
Ganheim chapter 2 . 12/6/2016
Chapter 5
Night lay over the castle like a hand covering someone's mouth
[Night is a passive thing that sits there (the things within it being feared by some cultures). A hand over the mouth is a momentary, active, resistible thing]

The barracks where
[The barracks for Hyrule City (or whatever you want to call it) maybe, but barracks are local facilities and in any realistic telling there’s going to be more at other major points of national interest, like Kakariko]

covered exponentially in hair
[Exponential is growth, hair coverage is (basically) static. I’m honestly unsure what this is supposed to indicate about him]

Gorkenheim was not
[This long paragraph is a data-dump]

said Captain Volc
[Here at his introduction to the scene is a better place to slip in (at least one, preferably less than three) descriptive details. Instead you drop a mini-data-dump after his line, most of that information not important to the immediate scene]

are loyal to…your loyalties lie

There were ten in all
[This sentence is probably the only one that’s needed for the scene. All the rest of the information can be sprinkled in as the story goes along, rather than halting the plot so we can have a biography of every Tom, Dick, and Harry that comes in]

various sections of the battle-ready section

had the power
[If they have the power, why do they care about an inept general without status himself?]

didn't want to hear anyone bad mouthing
[This is why I say “Show Don’t Tell”. You just showed us about a page of the general badmouthing the monarchy, then you told us the captains didn’t like that. Nobody frowned or stood up to him, so what you showed was a very strong portrayal against. A single sentence of telling does not give the same impact]
the idiot she was sending
[He said only one sentence about Link himself, the rest of it was against Zelda]

alive with shouting and arguing
[shouting indicates a deeper-rooted contention, I think you want “debate” which indicates disagreement without necessarily strife]

kisses his wife, trudged
[Verb tense disagreement: you’re normally in past-tense, but kisses is present-tense]

Volc slept his disloyalty off
[What disloyalty? He made no statements or plans for overthrow, just told the general plans that he likely would’ve known (very soon if not by normal communication procedures)]

when he received the news…reported to him

Count Durtain was a
[And another infodump…]

Tarno had a snake-
[I know this is supposed to be description, but it feels like more Author Intrusive Telling because you feel the need for us to make an emotional judgement. You don’t like rumours, okay, but a butler doing his job is just a man. Give what physical description is vital (you don’t necessarily need any for bit characters) and move on]

talk of the whole country
[And yet he wasn’t mentioned as known until now. If he was widely known to have saved the world, that should’ve come up in one of your scenes with the army]

only piece of real furniture
[Bookshelves can be real furniture]

stomped in. Although seemingly calm
[Stomping is not calm]

disobeyed her in favor of others
[I think this is repetition. ‘in favor of others’ is disobedience in this context]

and quickly as it
[as]

a Sheikah to the core
[Telling. Showing would be ‘tone even and posture steady’ or something concrete and descriptive]

She switched topics quickly
[Telling. Just jump into the dialog]

I need to tell my people
[I don’t see how he’s needed for her to make an announcement. He gave her zip for new information when they met]

petals felt like vague
[An indirect way to refer to her wish to see her gardens again. I think a more direct phrasing would help fight your tendency to step back and Tell]

the man asked
[New person? The same guard as the last paragraph?]

I like how you treat the world as more populated than the game shows. However, I think you use Telling to give us information that often isn’t needed and sometimes would be better shown with Showing. That would give you the opportunity to develop not only character but plot or setting at the same time.