Reviews for Devil's in the Details
Harry2 chapter 9 . 1/29/2007
Well, no more worries on that front. Now, lets see WHO shows up in the next story here on FANTASY ISLAND!
Harry2 chapter 8 . 1/29/2007
LOL! ROFL! That ending was GREAT! Now, there is one thing that I HOPE that the new year will bring for Leslie, Christian, and Roarke: A NEW MEMBER OF THE FAMILY! That, is my one wish for this family. Its time the Roarke's grew, and time that Roarke got to spoil a grandchild!
Harry2 chapter 7 . 1/29/2007
Well, Mephistopheles DID warn LiSciola that he doesn't deal in third party contracts! And, as much as he hated to admit it, he was outdealt AGAIN by Roarke! I just hope that the Count takes the advice that was given, and stays OUT of Christian's life. Failure to do so could result in Mephistopheles coming after LiSciola AGAIN!
Harry2 chapter 6 . 1/29/2007
I'll say this for Mephistopheles: He may be a pain, but when it comes to contracts, he is honorable! He wants it to be airtight when he collects, and if there is ANY hint that there is something not right, he wants to find out. And I think that it may not be Christian who goes with Mephistopheles, but Count LiSciola instead!
PDXWiz chapter 9 . 1/29/2007
I hate paper matches, too. I never use matches, although I'd use the wooden ones if I did. I don't smoke, I don't barbecue, don't have a fireplace...lol

Oh boy, this dialogue running from

“This was the best Christmas of my life,” Christian said softly,

down to

You were all I wanted last year, and this year I got that wish, and if you were the only present I got this year it would have been perfect.”

was almost verbatim in what my then-fiancee and I were saying together on that same day (Dec 25, 2001!) Have you been reading my mind again? hehehe

I really enjoyed this story. Can't wait to see the next one and see which of my other friends...er, Leslie and Christian's other friends...get written into another adventure.

It was nice to see mention in this story of Christian's friendship with Grady, thanks.

Now I'll go back to pins and needles awaiting the next fabulous event from you!

Harry2 chapter 5 . 1/29/2007
Leslie you have GOT to get control of your emotions! If you don't it will destroy you and then all WILL be lost!
Harry2 chapter 4 . 1/29/2007
Sounds like the game is afoot! Now the question is, A) Is the contract legal, and B) What is this mysterious information that Christian picked up from his brother?
PDXWiz chapter 8 . 1/29/2007
I guess that maybe the Count really will stay out of Christian's life. In a way, I feel a bit sorry for him.

I wonder how many more children the Count's fathered over the years, and if he's managed to have good relations with them. Okay, maybe I feel sorry for him because of the way he is as he takes his leave of Mr. Roarke, but I have a sneaking suspicion he'll try to get used to Marina's husband...and accept him (difficult as that will be).

You can tell things are better when Leslie eats normally and Christian cracks wise!

PDXWiz chapter 7 . 1/29/2007
Wow another great chapter.

I like how Christian handled this on his own, and how brave he was to forgive the Count. He was right, Roarke wouldn't have liked him giving in to temptation. But I do wonder if he should have put that condition on his forgiveness. Would Roarke have liked giving Mephi a second chance to steal a soul, even if it was the Count's? Because that's what it boils down to.

Christian is certainly far more likely to believe anything Leslie says after this. I hope they make up pretty quickly and get back to being the lovely, loving couple they deserve to be (and are).

More cool details, thanks!

PDXWiz chapter 6 . 1/29/2007
Very brave of Leslie to be willing to go with Christian than to lose him...

Very intriguing bit of history for the contract. Now we'll see how this plays out (hopefully against the Count!).

BTW, I keep picturing Count LiSciola as looking like Count Olaf as portrayed by Jim Carrey in the film of A Series of Unfortunate Events. It would be fascinating to see Carrey as the Count and Roddy McDowall as Mephi in this chapter (sigh)

PDXWiz chapter 5 . 1/29/2007
Powerful chapter. I'm glad the girls talked some sense into Leslie.

You know, part of Christian's problems have to do with how he was raised-he didn't get the loving, and nurturing, that Leslie did with her mom, or with Mr. Roarke. Both Arnulf's weren't kind to him, and it affected him more than he thought. The rest of the family is definitely okay, but because of their authority positions, they wrecked his life and his emotional state.

Lauren's the only one who REALLY dealt with any of the fantastic aspects of the fantasies with her visits to the Star Trek universe...except for the invisibility potions. That's why Christian got so freaked out when Bri and Noelle showed up sans body at Halloween...because he's not used to any of it. Even the trip back into Lilla Jordso's past couldn't prepare him for the reality of Mephistopheles: he could accept technologically-based time travel and chemically based potions, but the Devil is pretty hard to chew off...

Great chapter! Thanks for using the girls to help Leslie out!

PDXWiz chapter 4 . 1/29/2007
Hm, now this was an interesting little chapter. They are both truly, truly, as stubborn as goats.

So Carl Johan was going into pre-law...that would have been very useful for a prince, so he could advise his father (Arnulf I), or brother (Arnulf II). But landscape architecture...well, at least he can help keep the royal properties looking nice, and create art while he's at it. He could have been as successful a businessman as Christian, if Arnulf had made him go earn his own way.

Let's hope the information gleaned from the phone call (probably just $100 or less, which would be less than what a lawyer would charge per hour...lol) turns the tide.

PDXWiz chapter 3 . 1/29/2007
I can't wait to see how Leslie and Christian resolve this problem of theirs...

I loved the delightful little story of King Johan V, the bell, the pastry, Queen Kristina and Peter Enstad, and Paolono I. I enjoy your stories of Lilla Jordsonian and Arcolosian history, or 'legends' as the case might be. They help make the island-nations real for me. It's very interesting how the 'strange Arcolosian law'-the one forbidding marriage to the only child of a monarch-has not once but TWICE benefited the Enstad family. And while it might seem to have hurt the Arcolosians twice, it actually helped them by bringing Michiko (and her Asian ancestry!) into the Arcolosian royal family. You could definitely write whole chapters dedicated to the histories of your islands (oh, wait, you HAVE in the last story...lol). A great little timeline of events is brewing for both countries' histories...

And where did Mariki get the jordsklocka recipe? LOL

PDXWiz chapter 2 . 1/29/2007
Wow, extremely emotionally-packed chapter! Leslie's love for and desire to protect Christian really comes out to the fore here. The scene really flowed well.

You've written excellent dialogue for Mephi; I can literally hear Roddy McDowall speaking those lines!

This isn't meant to be disrespectful, but I can imagine how her driving was viewed by anyone who saw it (including Christian) as driving like a bat out of hell (or what we Oregonians call a California driver, ironic since she spent a few years in California). Driving like a bat out of hell to save her husband from hell. I think any one of us might have done the same thing to save a loved one from Mephi.

PDXWiz chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
Oh boy, I knew where this one was going the moment the FanFic email dropped the title into the subject lines of my email...oy vey and a half!

Now, that aside, I kinda figured it was about time Mephi showed up, and I had been expecting some kind of revenge from the Count (or maybe I just can read your mind somehow...hahaha).

Very good introductory chapter, laying in the Count's desire for revenge and connecting him to Mephiboy. (BTW, I liked his use of Imperial Roman Latin [from when he was a boy himself] to call Meph; I bet there could be some good stories from their past associations, since they've obviously worked well together!)

Interestingly, Mephi must have gotten into their computer and scheduled the Count's visit (because of course there's no way in hell Leslie would have done it, and not Roarke, either!) under a pseudonym, so they were expecting somebody else as guests. I say that, because they obviously have disembarked from the plane and received the Welcoming Toast and have an appointment in a short while at the main house. (Or worse, took their legit reservations and blue boarding pass...hope they didn't kill anyone, literally, to get to FI!)