Reviews for Dre Day And Everybody's Celebrating
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
Alright. One last review. Then I need to go sleep. Such a novel concept...

I particularly love the names for all of Jim's little jim-isms like, "Jim could only jim in response," and the others in that vein. Somehow it helps to preserve the sheer, ahem... Jim-ness of the actions, by not giving them a particular description. And yet, anyone familiar with the show knows exactly what you're talking about. It gives a real flavor to your writing, and a unique sort of angle.

And while I am a professed hip hop hater of any angle (this is why I live in Seattle. I traded in all the gangstas for emos and never regretted it.) the theme really manages to bring out that racist sort of streak in Michael that so often manages to get overlooked because it's just so offensive.

And I had to love the rock and roll being about having the most money or big houses or cars. And hip hop being about the love and the music and the people. People being pimps and hos and bitches, of course.

I suddenly have this extreme urge to pump up some Nirvana and start a riot in some futile attempt to reform the government. Hmm. How peculiar. *jim-shrug*
Alex Wert chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
So incredibly painful. I could see my dad doing that. Except he wouldn't have known who any of these people were in the first place.