Reviews for Adorer C'est Vivre
Guest chapter 4 . 4/28/2014
Caitlin chapter 4 . 2/9/2014
OMG, this is so sweet it nearly made me cry. Have always loved J and A
chavamirjam chapter 4 . 2/4/2011
Very good story, bittersweet, liked it a lot!
PoppedTheP chapter 4 . 7/11/2010
that was very lovely and powerfully written. great stuff.
saidanddone chapter 4 . 9/16/2009
This is a quite lovely and well-written story. There are some vivid images in Alice’s vision at the beginning—“The head thrown back, neck exposed, stained red like a scarlet ibis,” and the “Blond locks dripping slowly into two burgundy eyes.” I like how Alice’s distress shows up in her movements. She’s falling elegantly, but falling at all is a big deal for someone who always looks like she’s dancing.

You give some nice glimpses into Alice’s relationship with her family. I like how Edward tries to help unobtrusively, hiding Jasper’s wedding ring. Esme pampers Alice almost as she would a small child. As blunt as Rose is when she suggests that Alice not take Jasper back, it’s touching when she comes to Alice earlier to let her braid her hair. I like that you have Rose be a little sheepish about comforting Alice—she’s proud, but there’s a heart underneath her icy façade. I wonder what Carlisle was up to during the crisis.

The fact that both Alice and Jasper lose their abilities when they’re apart stresses how much they complete each other. Some nice quotes describe their situations:

“There was a clouded void where her second sight should have been. The feeling was one of understanding only half of what was happening around her.”

“It was as if the man at the register were merely a mannequin. There was no emotion . . . Fear coursed through him at the near-painful disconnectedness.”

The image of Alice’s wedding ring amid Jasper’s pocket change is poignant. He’s tried to lump a symbol of their marriage in with ordinary, nondescript things. But he just can’t do it; he has to give it back to her to be the special thing that it is.

At the end, the reunion stays true to Alice and Jasper’s ability to communicate without words. Their eyes, along with her hand on the windowpane, and his hand on her cheek, say everything. For me, reading dialogue wouldn’t have been as powerful as letting the scene you describe play out in my head.

Thank you for posting this beautiful story. I’m sure I’ll read it again.
lacrema chapter 4 . 10/26/2008
This was a lovely story. I think one of the most poignant moments is when Jasper is in the gas station, and cannot feel a single emotion from those around him.
La-Mer-De-Lune chapter 2 . 6/18/2008
it's sweet to see alice hurt, emotional whatever. many writers reduce her to a hyperactive shopping addicted little girl and i hate it because there's so much more to her. still, it's hard to find a fanfic without an alice-forces-bella-to-go-shopping-with-her scene...

love it.
La-Mer-De-Lune chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
i sort of like it. very unique though i think it doesn't really fit into their relationship. you made it very believable. )
siruisblack18 chapter 4 . 4/11/2008
awesome, and written very realistically, or at least I thought so! Well I loved it and Ill have to go see what else you've written!
vab999 chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
i love ur story. they're my favorite twilight couple. hope u can update soon! )
iheartbooks chapter 4 . 3/19/2008
Please update! This story is so indescribably sad right now, but sad in a good way. You're doing a great job of conveying emotion that's very bittersweet. Keep going!
sweet.sonata chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
This story is amazing.. you made me cry. It was really moving. You need to write more Alice and Jasper
Ashes123 chapter 4 . 9/29/2007
This was an amazing story, really, i think it describes them perfectly, it was so sad, but extremely well written. You don't come across many things on this site that are written as well as this, good job. :)
SuNgLaSsEs-ChI'c chapter 4 . 7/20/2007
Oh my god! That was so beautiful. i cried all through the story!
LovingMyDoctor chapter 4 . 5/18/2007
Can I cry? xD xD that was so it!