Reviews for Addictive Personality
Orabelle Hiomi Zefronke chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
This is weird, I know, but whenever I search my story, I always get yours with it (it's The Wammy's Honey). And - I don't know - I've grown to seeing it. As I said, weird, but I thought I had to say it.
One Punch chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Although Ryuuzaki/L is and will always be my favorite Death Note character, I've always wondered why I get a strange pull and sympathy for I know why. We're almost the same and it pains me to read it the way you have written it. You are an amazing writer, thank you so much for this even if it made me die a little inside.
MochaCocaFan chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
StrawberryPuff chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
wow. i don't even know what to say. this has got to be one of the best Mello stories i've read.

At first when i read the manga, i disliked mello, but after i finished the series...I understand completely what it feels like to be always second, maybe that's why my personality is somewhat similar to mellos.

well, good job with the story.
CrownedInThorns chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
You are an excellent writer and the first person I've seen who was able to analyze Mello's character so well. This may very well be my favorite Death Note fan fiction of all time.
kaitou angel chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
It hurt my heart! I love it.
Moontyger chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
I really liked this, and somehow I can imagine him smoking, too. Though I admit I never particularly thought anyone cared for the kids at Wammy's like that, but it works great for the story.
ItsLukasBondevik chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
Great story, I’m glad you mentioned it to me. You did an amazing job of representing Mello’s “addictive” personality, and how he can get. And the fact that he needed to keep smoking was absolutely terrible. Bad Mello! I should go smack you! But the way you portrayed it was perfect, right down to the fact that he was going to die if he didn’t smoke in the next ten minutes. The writing was great, as usual, and I’m favoriting this one, too! I love all of the things that you portrayed Mello as doing, especially the streaking tennis games (and the “Former Friend” getting upset about it) and pushing older children out of the second story window. Awesome!

In terms of Near, I think that what he did was actually a good and a bad thing. In one way, it was good in terms of Mello’s physical health. But, in terms of his mental health, Near couldn’t have done anything worse. Mello’s rivalry with Near is too strong for him to not get seriously pissed over something like that, and Near really should know better! Bad Near! I should go smack you, too!

But, maybe, the reason I truly got attached to Mello and NOT Near was for the simple fact that Near is completely lifeless. He’s an intelligent, empty shell. There’s nothing there. Yet with Mello, he’s not afraid to scream and yell and curse to get what he’s feeling across to people. That’s what makes him so intriguing for me, the fact that he’s alive, he’s there, and he’s feeling everything. He’s so HUMAN. Near… I really don’t believe that Near understands that, or chooses not to accept the fact.

And in this story, you show that Mello believes that not a single person cares, that Near is all they can see because he’s number one, and Mello is the mediocre number two. And it hurts him, really badly. Now, he gets attention, but not in the way he should. He does bad things, and it gets him negative attention from everyone. I think that, even though he’s second, he should still be appreciated and celebrated as much as Near.

I think you showed that he’s completely human with the utmost precision, and I’m very impressed with it. This story really should get more reviews, I swear. So I’m leaving this long one to make up for it!

Sorry for rambling, but when it comes to Mello, I can go on forever. Well, great story, talk to you later!
Ariel D chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
I like your portrayal of Nancy, and your portrayal of the angsty younger Mello seems spot on. Well done! I can see the older Mello as the outcome of the events/attitudes here.
Spinereader chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
God, I just ache for this boy! He's screaming on the inside and doesn't know how to handle his feelings. I can easily see this as the kid who'd run away a join a mob. I feel just terrible for Mello here, and for Nancy too. I mean how do you deal with a kid who's going through such emotional turmoil?

I think the smoking thing is very plausible, even if it's a habit I'd rather he not have. But at least he replaced it with chocolate. You know, it'd be kind of amusing if Mello started out the cigarette addict and Matt the chocolate addict and they switched vices at some point. It's probably not likely, but funny none the less.
fetch-thranduilion chapter 1 . 1/29/2007

Absolutely great portrayal of Mello! I like Nancy, too; with how meek Roger seems, it's good the orphanage has someone who can keep all the kids in line.

I can't wait for your longer story now, since everyone seems so spot-on in this. (Does Mello turn to chocolate to replace the cigarette addiction?)