Reviews for The Niceties of Boredom
P chapter 1 . 3/19
So subtle and sweet, I love it.
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Good one.
Oliviax3 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
really sweet and nice. I loved the way you described them both. I liked the words emerald and auburn... you create nice images with your writing.
Lucifer-the-great-undead chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
It saddens me every time I read a fic concerning Snape. I think of the choices he made and didn't make. Nice one-shot.
Apothecaria chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
What a lovely little story!
trekker2002 chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
That was lovely. Such a simple story, but well written and touching. Thank you.
Seraphim-Lore chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Nice portrayal of Severus. There are only so few who can really get it down well in fanfiction
little miss artemis chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
I liked it. Sort of the workings of his mind. And "niceties are for Hufflepuffs" greatly amused me.
Lady Whitehart chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
The feel of this is just wonderful; the reader just floats along with the phrasing. Beautiful in it's simplicity.
Rachel chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
Thanks for this terrific little vignette - the last line was wonderful, and there was an understated quality to the whole thing that kept it in character for Snape. I especially liked the line "Niceties were for Hufflepuffs." Well done!
BlueIrishEyes chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
That was beautiful! Your characterization of Snape was absolutely perfect. I'm usually rather prejudiced against certain ships, but I gave this a go and really liked it. Good job again!

BIE
Caerenn chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
"Some nice things can mean the world, even if they will not get him anywhere at all but here".

I think that your own phrase perfectly describes this short story. Writing it, you didn't use multiple literary tools, but it was enough to create a lazy, almost hipnotic atmosphere of this sunday day.

Severus - as broody, withdrawn and suspicious as he has to be. His thoughts floats between the lines like transparent streams of air.

And Lily. The mistery - as always. What does she mean to him? Nobody knows, even Severus himself...

Really good piece of work. Even if next week I won't remember about it, this evening 'The Niceties of Boredom' made me smile.
A-Hard-Days-Night chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
Lovely. You characterized Snape ina very believable manner. It's rather refreshing to find a really good author and story combo on this site. Keep writing.
Marionette chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
Beautifully written-wonderful characterization-the accolades for this piece cannot be enough! Great job!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
I would say this story is nice...well, yes it is. I wish Severus could find more things he was able to enjoy.

But he's been taught too well by now that anything he really likes will be taken away by one side or the other.