Reviews for A Beautiful Disaster
Reich chapter 1 . 5/15
Why he a woolen bagpipe?
That was beautiful; it made me and my friend cry
SmolKym chapter 1 . 5/15
This was perfect angst, like, im crying
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 1 . 11/3/2015
I love how you maintained Shakespeare's tone and good prose all the way through this. It's not an easy thing to do.
Sid chapter 1 . 2/25/2015
Awwwwww fuck!
This fic was so steamy and sweet!
Yet you made me fucking cry at the end when Bassanio broke Antonio's heart!
Damn it! They should have fucking been together! If Bassanio needed a fortune, he should've made Antonio his Patron!
But anyways, thanks for writing and sharing this! We watched the movie in English class and damn! That kissing scene in the bedroom was fucking ship-inspiring! I loved your continuation of the events! (though maybe not the ending so much, because that tore my heart into pieces...)
Kudos 3
LoverOfBL chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
I'm crying of happiness ! I always saw that those two had romantic feelings for each other and in the play there is many proof from Antonio that he has romantic feelings.I love your style, please keep writing! AWESOME fanfic I read, if I could marry you I would XD
blackkitty95 chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Thank you so much for writing this! It's hard to write in Old English, but you did a really good job! I love this!
yesterdaz chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
I'm pretty sure they don't use contractions in old English. Other than that the grammar was fine and the story was great. I liked it.
Niamh Cullen chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
This was really good! When i saw the movie, i kind of got the feeling that antonio and bassanio could have feelings for each other... then when i read over the play there were some lines that really indicated it... so now im trying to find fanfics that have antonio/bassanio slash! :D Really enjoyed this, well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Could use some proofreading and sentence structure development but other then that, great fic.
forgetting-life chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
*sniffles* *let's a few tears leak* really heart-breakingly good, sad that Antonio can't get his happy ending tho
Save-a-broom-ride-the-player chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
it's too short. I want more. *whimpers* [jaja] it was great
Yeahbaby chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Love it! Glad to have finally found some Antonio/Bassanio... Just posted my own at adultfanfic.
nilaea chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
wow...absoulutely beautiful *sigh* I was desperately searching for antonio/bassanio storys and then I found yours...great work, please more of that! I just LOVE the two of them together :)
Clashing Harmony chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
Hey, this was great! Personally, ever since I read this play, I had a feeling that Antonio was gay! Normal people don't borrow money from their mortal enemies and risk their life for someone they think only as a friend! And his sadness during the first scene is proof enough. There are a thousand other subtle hints which make me think Shakespeare had a similar idea! Though of course, he couldn't convey it openly!:)

The only defect I can find is that it was a bit too explicit. Being set 500 yrs ago, that's a bit unlikely. I really liked the fact that you gave a try at copying the language. That makes it sound a lot more real and not many people would have dared to attempt it! Also, I think Bassanio was simply using Antonio for achieving his purpose, which, of course, is exactly what he did in the original play!(sorry for Bassanio's fans.) So great job. Please keep writing. I loved this!