Reviews for A Beautiful Disaster
LoverOfBL chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
I'm crying of happiness ! I always saw that those two had romantic feelings for each other and in the play there is many proof from Antonio that he has romantic feelings.I love your style, please keep writing! AWESOME fanfic I read, if I could marry you I would XD
Khaleesi221B chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Thank you so much for writing this! It's hard to write in Old English, but you did a really good job! I love this!
yesterdaz chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
I'm pretty sure they don't use contractions in old English. Other than that the grammar was fine and the story was great. I liked it.
Niamh Cullen chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
This was really good! When i saw the movie, i kind of got the feeling that antonio and bassanio could have feelings for each other... then when i read over the play there were some lines that really indicated it... so now im trying to find fanfics that have antonio/bassanio slash! :D Really enjoyed this, well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Could use some proofreading and sentence structure development but other then that, great fic.
forgetting-life chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
*sniffles* *let's a few tears leak* really heart-breakingly good, sad that Antonio can't get his happy ending tho
Save-a-broom-ride-the-player chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
it's too short. I want more. *whimpers* [jaja] it was great
Yeahbaby chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Love it! Glad to have finally found some Antonio/Bassanio... Just posted my own at adultfanfic.
nilaea chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
wow...absoulutely beautiful *sigh* I was desperately searching for antonio/bassanio storys and then I found yours...great work, please more of that! I just LOVE the two of them together :)
Clashing Harmony chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
Hey, this was great! Personally, ever since I read this play, I had a feeling that Antonio was gay! Normal people don't borrow money from their mortal enemies and risk their life for someone they think only as a friend! And his sadness during the first scene is proof enough. There are a thousand other subtle hints which make me think Shakespeare had a similar idea! Though of course, he couldn't convey it openly!:)

The only defect I can find is that it was a bit too explicit. Being set 500 yrs ago, that's a bit unlikely. I really liked the fact that you gave a try at copying the language. That makes it sound a lot more real and not many people would have dared to attempt it! Also, I think Bassanio was simply using Antonio for achieving his purpose, which, of course, is exactly what he did in the original play!(sorry for Bassanio's fans.) So great job. Please keep writing. I loved this!
horsepoet chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Which of the movie versions inspired this? My class is studying this play and we are watching the movie versions right now. It's really good! I like it, but my English teacher would kill me if she knew i read such things, but whatever... I would love to see some more Antonio and Bassanio slash!

horsepoet
silentxsymphony chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Lovely work! The two of them are so blatantly obvious - particularly in the newer film adaptation with Jeremy Irons. So glad I came across this piece :)
filiae chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
personally, since i am a ANTONIO/BASSANIO fan,

I would enjoy reading anything to do with them!

(and i am not sick in the mind, just liked Jeremy Irons acting!)

Your story was a bit far-fetched and rather explicit,

but i think it was notbad for a first try! Keep it up!

Although I think that you shouldn't have tried using Shakespeare language when they were talking, because frankly, it isn;t (sorry!)
Elinad chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

You did a great job, Antonio's simile about the line was heart wrenching!

My only complaint it when you said the two men greeted Bassanio "friendly like", I don't think it sounds that good, it disrupts the flow of your writing.

Otherwise well done! Please keep up the good work
Agent Tomato chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
Thank you for bringing a well-written fic to a painfully small fandom. I don't know why more people don't write Antonio/Bassanio, since it's practically canon. (And if you listen to the commentary on the Merchant of Venice DVD, you will see that the director completely agrees with you regarding the ship.)