Reviews for Miranda
aenon chapter 22 . 6/30
o.m.b...i love you so much! *has fandom fit of extreme contentment* thank you!
amr56 chapter 22 . 6/1
This story was captivating. It's so well-written and I like the subtle changes that you made to canon. And the unsubtle ones. Joss lives to kill people, but I was so sad when Wash died. I thought it was unnecessary. I also like what you did with the Operative, Javert. He was like a real person.

I like the backstory you came up with for Book. I'm pretty sure it's not canon, but I'm not positive. I do remember reading about a canon backstory, but I never got into the comics myself. I like yours better than what I remember.

This was really well done and I greatly enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing.
dragonsfae chapter 13 . 5/1
!
Separate Entity chapter 22 . 4/15
And of course Jayne is from a planet called Beowulf.
Wonderful story.
Separate Entity chapter 19 . 4/15
So Jayne is Marius now?
Book is just full of surprises.
Separate Entity chapter 18 . 4/15
Oh my gosh, this chapter, I’m so scared and relieved it's overwhelming.
Separate Entity chapter 14 . 4/15
Kaylee is made of awesome.
Separate Entity chapter 11 . 4/15
The chess metaphor is perfect.
Separate Entity chapter 10 . 4/15
River and Jayne did the thing that Mal did with Zoe! She distracted him so Jayne could sneak up from behind!
Separate Entity chapter 9 . 4/15
Hooray for Shepherd Book!
Separate Entity chapter 6 . 4/15
I’m impressed at how coherent you managed to make the heavy conversations in this chapter.
Separate Entity chapter 5 . 4/15
And the truth comes out… that scene was really intense.
I liked Kaylee and River's conversation, and the ant talk.
Separate Entity chapter 3 . 4/15
Why are Jayne and River sharing dreams?
Separate Entity chapter 2 . 4/15
I liked this chapter.
The tension between Mal and Jayne is making me…well, tense.
It’s almost-but-not-quite as if River has synesthesia.
babythor chapter 20 . 11/24/2014
I really enjoy your back story for Shepherd Book. This is something like the fourth or fifth time I've read your Horseshoe Nail series through, and your version of Book's life prior to Serenity is, to my opinion, so much better than canon. Book being an idealist kid who joined the Marshals when the government was for the good of the people seems so much more in line with his character. Which I noticed you slipped in your reasoning within this chapter, Book's sense of justice and his need to do his part, amongst other qualities. "I don't give a half-hump if you're innocent, so where does that leave you?" always seemed to me to be something that you say and then regret until the end of your days, than being a callous non-sequitur from a platform of hate and self-righteousness as it was in the comics. It seemed to me a betrayal of Book's character that he was a spy sabotaging the Alliance on behalf of the rebels. I couldn't figure how the man he was current with Firefly and Serenity could have been born out of that twisted ideology-even if he had found God, that transformed man would still have a reconciled a version of his original moral structure with his faith. It would have resulted in an entirely different character from Book as we know him. Mostly, it seemed Whedon cared more about perpetuating "the Alliance is EVIL," and refusing to allow the Alliance to have a dynamic storyline borne of good intent-all at the expense of Shepherd Book's character.