Reviews for The Silent Kingdom
No one in partic chapter 140 . 19h
There had better be a proper sequel that ending was WORSE than the game I know why you did it but have link or midna find a way back to each other please i'm begging you for a sequel like that so please do it
Anonymous Reader chapter 119 . 11/26
I was thinking throughout this entire story about how similar some of the things were to skyrim, and then you said it was eating up your time (same). For example ganondorfs horse formed exactly like shadowmere lol. Not saying its bad, considering I love skyrim! Also amazing story so far, jot dissapointed at all. Nice length, has had me hooked for about three weeks, and amazing plot and subplot. Love it.
cancel51 chapter 40 . 11/19
The Triforce of Courage is the essence of Farore, the goddess who created all the lifeforms that inhabit Hyrule. I don't understand why strong feelings of anger are causing Link's triforce to activate. Farore is the goddess of courage and is strongly associated with life. Feelings of anger and the desire for revenge should weaken the power of the triforce of courage if anything, not unleash it. I could understand Link's triforce being activated by courageous feelings and the desire to protect life, but what's been occurring is clearly not that. Am I missing something? Because this plot point is starting to bother me. Link allowing his opponent to fake being knocked unconscious, twice, in the same fight is also annoying. But that is a different matter.
NightOfDar chapter 140 . 10/30
This ride was truly amazing, thank you Freedan for finishing this not only well but with justice. I look forward to reading your other wonderfully artistic detailed stories.
I wish you all the luck in your future endeavors.

All the best,
Ryan chapter 140 . 10/22
The end of one journey, and the beginning of the next.

This story is phenomenal. Your characters are spot-on, Ganondorf is the best thing ever, you juggled dozens of unique plot threads successfully, and it all came together almost flawlessly. Other than occasional grammar mistakes, this was a fabulous adventure, and an absolute pleasure to read.

If only one tenth of the stories on FFN were one tenth as good as this... What? I can dream, can't I?

Also, time travel? Nope. But happy Back to the Future day!
KageKitsune02 chapter 140 . 10/20
I've been reading this story since you've put it up, back in 2007. I have been watching the updates trickle in, one by one. And then I check it, at chapter 140, labeled "Complete".

Congratulations. On both finishing this story, and finishing it well. I can say that this is one of the best stories I've read, on any fanfiction site, and compares favorably to many books in the world. For those of you who are reading this, and haven't clicked the first chapter yet, I highly suggest you do so. Inside is a wild ride, with fun characters, (Not so) crazy plot twists, and plenty of foreshadowing galore. All in all, a very well done story, and one I may have to read again in the future.
FrimmerStarstone chapter 140 . 10/19
The best ending ever! Man I wish it wasn't over, but I am sort of glad it is.
Bookworm567 chapter 140 . 10/18
This was so good and you are an amazing author. The ending was sad but still good. Just an idea for the sequel it could be something like a collection of oneshots.
lindir's gaze chapter 140 . 10/15
Damn. I can't believe it's over. This has been such an amazing journey to follow, even if I haven't been here since the beginning. I've actually reread this fic several times just because of the well developed characters and the awesome, multi-layered plot and the complex world you've built.
And this epilogue did a really good job of wrapping things up. I really didn't expect Midna to leave in the end, but it can understand your reasoning for doing so.
And I can't wait for the sequel thing! I think I'm being repetitive at this point but this story is amazing and thank you so much for writing it.
You finished it. You actually finished it. I followed this since it began in 2007. Without fail every so often there was an update waiting for eventually. One year, two, three, 1k words, 5k, 100k and so on and so forth.

This site doesn't deserve you Freedan, but you chose your name well. Eternal you remain.
The Infinity Complex chapter 140 . 10/11
This was one of the best stories I've ever read, and truly the only one whose ending I've ever felt so melancholy over. I'm just writing this review as a way of saying thank you. Thank you for keeping me up past four in the morning reading chapter after chapter, thank you for putting in so much time, and, most of all, thank you for writing perhaps the only good fic for the entire MidLink ship. Thank you so much.
x-game chapter 17 . 10/11
I'd love to see Midna belly dance in a fan fiction.
ZisinLove chapter 139 . 10/11
oh, just a quick review. thank you for not giving up despite life trying to throw you all those shits!:)
ZisinLove chapter 140 . 10/11
i am currently overwhelmed. wow. i have been reading the silent kingdom for a few years now. i am happy that this is the end, but sad to know that it is finished. i won't freak out on how you wrote the epilogue. this is still a masterpiece. i am really grateful for this. thank you for the best zelda work ever. keep on writing!
Brendon chapter 140 . 10/9
i'll write a better review later, but i have to say i really hate that midna went back. it felt unnecessary. like it was thrown in to mess with peoples' emotions (and it did). please consider writing a version where she stays.
1,654 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »