Reviews for Resolutions
HayesAJones chapter 10 . 6/20/2009
I'm really enjoying the story so far. It's nice to see any story that includes Miyu, and Fara and Fay for that matter, in major roles. You did a nice job on their personalities, too.

Also, you gave an interesting role to Fara in this story, although I usually prefer stories that give Fara and Fox a past relationship, and include her as a possible love interest.
Carrier chapter 10 . 1/3/2009
Very good. I know not much of a review but its better then nothin. :)
shapedforfighting chapter 14 . 12/21/2008
Hey, Sting. Sorry it has been so long since I last reviewed this fic. I got really behind, I suppose. I had to take half of today to read through the entire thing.

First off, I would like to say that this will not be the most in-depth review I have ever given because I just read through the entire story, so I can not pick out each individual problem in twelve chapters (some of which even have more than one part to them). However, I will try to make sure to give you more in-depth reviews in the future as I attempt to keep up with this story better.

Anyway, I would also like to say that I love this story. I like the plot, the way you seem to have stuck to each character's personality, and the balance between action and romance. I also really appreciate the way you have managed to bring in all characters that would be canon at this point in the timeline of Starfox (naturally, Krystal can not be there yet because Fox has not gone to Sauria. I like the logic in that).

I will not make any comments about the storyline as I believe that you will take this in the direction that you want rather than the direction that the rest of us want. The biggest problem I see with this fic is your sentence structure. The most important thing you need to do (and I am certain that you once told me the same when I first started writing fan fics) is to go through your chapters with a fine tooth comb before you post them here. I say this because I saw many sentence mistakes that should have been noticed if you had re-read them.

I also saw many problems with things like this. "Miyu released her claws from his neck, licking them clean before retracting them into her fingers, and stepping away from the still black cat." This is not as blatant as some of the other sentences that are similar to this one, but it is a good enough example. I do not know the techinical names for it all, but basically, you have the word "stepping" going back to "licking" when it is supposed to be going back to "released", making "stepping" into "stepped". The way to find these kinds of possible mistakes is to mentally remove the suboordinate clause "licking them clean before retracting them into her fingers" and read the sentence that way. When you do that, you see that there is a problem. "Miyu released her claws from his neck and stepping away from the still black cat". If you change "stepping" to "stepped", it reads correctly. "Miyu released her claws from his neck and stepped away from the still black cat."

There is also a different way to fix this. If the original way you wrote this is the way that you intended it to be, then you need to merely remove the comma between "fingers" and "and". In this way, it reads properly when the suboordinate clause is no longer present. "Miyu released her claws from his neck, licking them clean before retracting them into her fingers and stepping away from the still black cat."

Like I said, the only major problem I can really see with this fic is the sentence structure. Otherwise, it is great. I am looking forward to future chapters. See you then!

-Kavi
Ricky chapter 14 . 11/15/2008
Good chapter, I wonder how Fox and Fay are going to get out of this situation and what is Fox's past with Cyrene? I guess time will only tell. Keep up the good work.
Voice in the Night chapter 13 . 10/7/2008
Heh...very interesting, Stinger. I thought you couldn't improve this already excellent fanfic any more, and what do you do? Blow my expectations out of the water! If I was half as good as you were, man...I could be a published author!
Ricky chapter 13 . 10/5/2008
Good work on the new update, I starting to wonder who Miyu is really interested in due to her flirtatious behavior towards Fox. I guess only time will tell. Anyways, good work on the battle scene and good luck on the next chapter.
FeisarSYS chapter 12 . 8/12/2008
will you look at that an new chapter. Good job I like I really like. Can't wait to get to the fight!
Ricky chapter 12 . 8/12/2008
Hey Look Who Updated, Great Work On The New Chapter. That's Some Fantasy World Fay Has It's Very Interesting. Finally A New Armada Is Going To Give Cyrene Hell! Great Job And Update Soon.
The One True Koneko chapter 12 . 8/12/2008
Sry I haven't reviewed in like... forever. This is freaking sweet Stinger! Couldn't find any errors grammatically, and I'm really loving this story! Keep it up!
Ricky chapter 11 . 8/3/2008
Hm...? It's been a long time since you've updated this story, I'm eager to see what happens next. Hope that the story continues soon and I wish you the best of luck writing your stories.
Ricky chapter 11 . 6/25/2008
Interesting story you've got here, I always wondered how it would be if Fox had an attraction to Fay and Miyu. This story's plot is really good, hope you update soon, thanks.
Voice in the Night chapter 11 . 6/11/2008
Hey hey! Look who's updated! :-D I like what I see, man! Say...when's that little thing that Miyu suggested to Fox going to come back into play? (Fay being ticklish) That could be fun...*evil grin* Anyway, just wanted to say congrats on another great chapter!

Peace out, man

-VITN
Voice in the Night chapter 10 . 5/18/2008
O_O HOLY CRAP, Stinger...YOU FRICKIN OWN! This is why I bow to you, sah! And I knew that that Fox/Fay/Miyu thing wouldn't last long...Falco was gonna get that fiesty lynx...or so I thought. Everyone's playing both sides...kinda scary, but that makes the 'protective romance' even sweeter...well done, Stinger, well done!
Northern-megas chapter 10 . 5/15/2008
Good chapter, keep it up.

But I do want to point out, that Fox and Fara (in the comic book series) did have *clears throat* history.

And I would think that it would have added some friction, for Fox and Fay. But who knows? *shrugs*

Till next time.

Luck Runs Out. Skill Doesn't.
Red Squirrel Writer chapter 9 . 4/15/2008
Ahh, good. More chapters from one of my favorite authors.

I'm especially glad on the rework you did on chapter 8. It flows much more easily now and the ending doesn't seem quite so out of place.

This was a good dialogue chapter, but a few things nagged at me. First of all, after Falco comes in, the minute actions everyone is doing are hard for me to follow.

Starting with '"Happy where you are?" Falco asked...' There's some sentences that break up timing. "placing both his hands behind his head and leering somewhat at his captain." The word somewhat makes it too nebulous. He's leering, so just make it leering.

"plucking up a bit of courage to send a fight-back at his wingman." is unnecessary; we already know that Fox is biting back at Falco, no need to specify.

“Yo, bluebird - he saved her from getting the burns. He deserves at least a bit of gratitude,” Miyu said, and crossed to the bed as Fay shuffled over a little bit to let her friend sit on the edge of the bed and plant a kiss on the startled vulpine’s muzzle.

This feels like a run-on. I'd write it like this: "Miyu said as she crossed over to sit on the bed's edge, and planted a kiss on the fox's muzzle, startling him." Fay shuffling over is a given, really, unless I'm picturing everyone in the wrong position.

"The fox’s green eyes slid across from the tan brown, black spotted and white chested lynx on his right to the white dog on his left, and he let himself smile a little more."

I'm pretty sure we all know what Miyu and Fay look like by now. This whole thing is unnecessary. Try "Fox's green eyes slid between the two girls."

I don't normally get this detailed, but I had a lot of time. I don't mean to nitpick the whole thing apart, but these are just examples you can keep in mind for later. Try not to make sentences too long and actions and words spaced too far apart; it makes for awkward reading.

It does seem a little odd that Fay and Miyu would be fine with Fox getting both of them, if this is supposed to be a love triangle story. But, maybe that'll dissolve later.

Anyway. Keep up the great work!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »