Reviews for Foreign Languages
lunaschild chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
This was adorable. Poor Balthier, though I love how this ended. Great job!

*lunaschild*
Faerlyte chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
That was hilarious. The last little bit was a nice touch too. Ah, nothing like some good ol' miss-communication. When it comes to the opposite sex, everyone's confused.

Nicely done!
RJJJ chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
a girls affections can easily be swayed, huh? this story was short but entertaining.

nice job.
OORAH chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
foreign languages is an awsome story. however, [unless it was intentional] it lacks juice. it has almost a poetic verse-like tone but towards the end, when Penelo has had too much to drink, perhaps it might better the tale to explain why, and where she's been drinking. were they all partying, was she wallowing in self pitty? and when she laughs twice as hard and Balthier gives her an exasperated look, is it because she's annoying him, or is it because he knows she wants something, but he doesn't know what?

i did very much enjoy the end when Penelo leans toward Basch and Balthier become jealous.

how exactly did Balthier wind up in Penelo's room? just out of my own personal curiosity.

Really, an excellent, entertaining story. and that's coming from a six time published writer and very hard critic
eris chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Hilarious! loved it :)
Demeter1 chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
) That was incredibly cute; especially the part in the end where Penelo finds herself attracted to Basch and the TRUTH IS REVEALED. I'd totally fall for a gentleman. And the whole not-knowing-each-others-languages thing is just awesome. Especially the fact that he's sleeping in her room. Naked. And she's just kind irritated that he thinks he can take her room... OMG, I just about died with laughter, she's so cute and innocent!
The Blearing Phoenix chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
Goodness. You earn extra points for your creativity, originality, and wonderful play on sentence structure. Few people can get away with repeating one-liners but you make it more than tolerable. It all had to do with the structure. Also, I love the way you explain and show things instead of just really TELLING them. You actually make us feel as if we're there with Penelo watching on.
thermopylae chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
Adorable :D I really like how you nailed both Balthier and Penelo. He's just a little too direct, and Penelo's not quite ready for what she thinks she wants. I feel a little sorry for Basch, though. He might be even more clueless than Balthier...

-Hsiu
Optimistic-Pessimistz chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
I wonder if Penelo really notices that Balthier is in his own way telling her that he is attracted to her in the first place. Perhaps Fran is the only one who notices "things" then. Good job though.
Girl-who-sings-the-blues chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
ha ha ha...Go Basch! Balthier...ah...he should have stepped up his game! Oh Well! Good work! ... _ ;
JupiterLily chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
Honestly, I did not like how you wrote your Penelo or your Balthier. You make Penelo seem vain, to move so quickly between her crushes. And though Balthier may be a 'lady's man' I believe he's more of a gentleman than you made him out to be.

But I totally get your meaning on guys and gals not understanding each other. It was a good fic idea.
Shizuka Usagi chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
At first, it seemed like it was Vaan that Penelo was pining over until Balthier was mentioned. Though, it was funny how her affections switched to Basch at the end. If you ever plan to make a sequel, it could be a Bal/Pen/Basch.
Cailin Skylark chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
haha! that was fantastic! i love how you repeated a pattern of events throughout this one shot and that lovely twist at the end..very nice!