Reviews for Phantom: A Retelling
Operatastic SuperSop chapter 7 . 7/11/2007
Beautiful. I can't believe I hadn't read this before! I love it...it's so sad...

Hey, this is Kay-based, right? Where can I get a copy of that book?
LisalikesPhantom chapter 7 . 7/5/2007
i like it! please update soon :).
GhostOfMusic chapter 7 . 7/5/2007
Hi, LJ! It's me, IceCrystalline. :)

Very good chapter, I enjoyed it. Your chapters are short, but I sort of like them like that. It is appropriate with your style of writing.

I especially liked this line: "One day, I asked her to tell me how children changed. How they lost their masks and became beautiful…"
KyrieofAccender chapter 7 . 7/4/2007
*gasp* An update! Huzzah!

Anyway...

Aw... poor Erik. That's harsh... not anything he can do about that...

I found a typo of sorts: "tied to my face each morning—I thought nothing of." Should be "nothing of IT."

Other than that (and the accursed shortness) this is quite good! I can't wait for more!

Kyrie
Operatastic SuperSop chapter 6 . 4/20/2007
That was really interesting. I've never read Kay (sob) but I would love to! You've had me sucked into this world!

I'm currently in school right now, passing time... thank you for updating! I have to update soon on some of my things... ugh... I think one might expect an update of 'Night Whispers' in the future...possibly. Not soon. Maybe after all my AP tests are done.

Anyway, I think this was rather flawless writing-I loved the spiritual aspect of this in the middle between Charles and Madeline. Madeline seems a rather selfish character.

Sorry, my thoughts are random and incoherent-school does that to me.

Farewell for now and update, please! And update your other story soon as well!

Operatastic SuperSop
LisalikesPhantom chapter 6 . 4/16/2007
OMG STUPID DOCTOR! Poor Erik! :'(

aw

good chapter, though.

update!
LisalikesPhantom chapter 5 . 4/16/2007
i like it. i have no complaints. and even before you added the labels in the story, i didn't think it was confusing.

ookay now...off to read the next chapter...YAY you said Erik is gonna be in this one :)
LisalikesPhantom chapter 4 . 4/16/2007
and again, very good my friend (:

i see you've read Susan Kay's. great book! i wanna steal it from the library..i get it out just to have it in my house :)
LisalikesPhantom chapter 3 . 4/16/2007
once again, very nice :)
LisalikesPhantom chapter 2 . 4/16/2007
amazing!

Happy belated Birthday! it was my birthday recently as well, when exactly was yours?

keep writing :D
Lair Lover chapter 6 . 4/15/2007
I love your story so far, and am looking forward to each new chapter!
RenLionne chapter 6 . 4/15/2007
brilliant-PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
KyrieofAccender chapter 6 . 4/14/2007
Aw, the beginning bit was so sweet and sad!

And oh dear, what has he done to Erik's face? What's going to happen?

Sorry it took me so long to get to this - I was forced to spend most of the day at the mall... (grr). Can't wait for more, lj!

Kyrie
GhostOfMusic chapter 6 . 4/14/2007
Interesting; I liked the way you described the birth, dark and disturbing unlike many other fanfictions.

The only thing I have to say is that, still, I don't think I would put Charles in first person, but keep the whole story either from Madeline's point of view or just a simple narrative.

Good job! Can't wait for more :)
dark-hearted rose chapter 6 . 4/14/2007
yay!

well, you know what I think of this chapter already...so beautiful!

anyway, I'm gonna go see if that shortcut you told me about works.

hope you update soon!