Reviews for Legend of Zelda: Child of the Sun
Yoru-no-Ookami chapter 38 . 8/18/2015
I really like that you threw in that small detail about the Firebird being on the Hylian flag. Makes a lot of sense, and it's not like that symbol has been explained anywhere else before (to my knowledge anyway). I also have a deep affection for Kattala as a character, and I'm glad to have finally met her again in this story.

I was wondering if you could more thoroughly explain the way the leylines work. You've explained that they carry a lot of magic, which you can tap into somehow, and that they can also carry messages, though again how, I'm not exactly sure. I know there is more stuff with them in future chapters, so if you explained and I just don't remember then I'm sorry, and you can just forget I ever said anything.
Yoru-no-Ookami chapter 34 . 8/9/2015
I really appreciate how Ingo seems more human here, compared to in the game, but that it isn't to the point that it seems out of character. A small note I'd like to make: Ingo said that Link could help out for 2 weeks, and you said it was going to be a long couple of weeks again at the end of the chapter, but when Link was talking to Malon he said he'd be there for about 1 week. Small inconsistency, but I thought you might appreciate knowing about it.
Yoru-no-Ookami chapter 32 . 8/9/2015
We finally meet Keen and Dark! They are a couple of my favorites in this story, as well as the girl from Kakariko. Really happy to finally be at this part :)
Yoru-no-Ookami chapter 30 . 8/9/2015
The Midwinter celebrations were really detailed, with just enough imagery from North America that it was relatable. I also like how you had the little bit about what the celebrations were like for the common folk. Zelda's map was a bit of an alarming surprise, one of those plot twists you don't see coming and scare you because you think it's gonna cause everything to go to hell and ruin everything. It was a thoughtful gift though, and I'm glad everything is fine. The thing with rereading is I often remember points A and C, but I don't remember how they got there through point B. So while I ultimately knew everything would turn out ok, I still didn't remember the map.

Looking forward to Link setting off on his trip :)
Yoru-no-Ookami chapter 20 . 8/7/2015
I love how much detail goes into everything, and I'm looking forward to meeting Zelda again.

The main point of my review is actually not related to this chapter though. I was thinking about how earlier in the story you said that Naotu left after she had weened Rabiyu, but then later during her confrontation with Ganondorf, he said that she hadn't even named their daughter before she left. I was wondering if it was a Gerudo custom to not name their kids for awhile after they are born, or if the times accidentally didn't correlate? I assume she would wait at least a few months before weening the kid, though I suppose it could be done faster. Even so there's the colostrum for the first three days, and you wouldn't want the baby to miss that. Three days is still awhile to put off naming their daughter.
Yoru-no-Ookami chapter 18 . 8/6/2015
I'm kinda surprised by how much of this story I don't remember. Stuff like the scene with Naotu I had completely forgotten. It's making for a rather interesting reread though. I was wondering what the answer to your riddle is? The one with the whole "blue says green lies, green says red lies, and red says blue and green both lie. Who's telling the truth?" I've puzzled over it a lot over the last couple years, even showed it to other people to see if they could solve it. I think I came up with a tentative answer once, and then gave up when somebody proved me wrong. Is there any real answer?
Yoru-no-Ookami chapter 8 . 8/4/2015
I'm rereading this right now, and I am absolutely delighted by how easy it is to get sucked in by this story. The cultural detail is beautiful, and I really want to try out some of your dishes. The nagyen sounds fabulous, though I'm a little skeptical of the nakne. I suppose I'll just have to see how they are. The Kalika on the on the other hand, I can't wait to try. I've got several ideas on how to make what I imagine it would taste like. If you don't already have a recipe I'll try to send it to you sometime if I'm successful.

I've been following this story since before your last update I believe, and even though this story has been on hiatus for the last 3 years, I'm still happy to wait for the next update. Hopefully rereading this will make this story a little fresher in my memory by the time that happens. This story has really good quality, and I hope you go through with what you said and publish it someday. Good luck with writing, and I hope writers block isn't getting to you too badly, and that you're doing fine otherwise :)
Pikamewgirl chapter 13 . 7/8/2015
In pace requiescat
Pokemon Trainer Josiah chapter 3 . 6/24/2015
um... why don't you make someone else the villain.
Cyndaquil123 chapter 20 . 6/1/2015
No wait, it's green that is telling the truth
Cyndaquil123 chapter 18 . 6/1/2015
Blue was telling the truth.
Rando guest chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
Hi, I know you're not going to finish the story at this point and that you probably don't even pay attention to this account anymore but I just wanted to tell you that this is beautifully written.
In fact I liked it so well when I read it THREE YEARS AGO that I'll still sometimes come back to check on it just in case you've updated. There are images from this that stick with me even now as a sophomore in college. Really it was almost inspiring to read fanfiction that was written so well. Phenomenal work. Truly.
Guest chapter 9 . 5/4/2015
790 th comment didn't see that coming did u
Guest chapter 5 . 12/16/2014
Great storytelling so far! Love the details you obviously worked hard in for this story.

In this chapter you say Rabiyu is coming of age at 16? This is after a six year time jump where she was originally 12 years old...shouldn't she be 18 then now?
sephchipmunk chapter 52 . 11/20/2014