Reviews for Thy Best, Thy Heavenly Friend
Not Human chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
You did a great job of making this seem like a part of the Deadwood world, which is no easy task considering the kind of language they use. The lack of romance between Bullock and Swearengen also suited the situation perfectly. You've created a scene that could very well have been deleted from an extended episode. And totally hot, by the way. Awesome work!
toadstoolcouch chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Very nice! I really liked this. Lucky me, I've been looking for this pairing, too. You got the characters just right, the dialogue was on par for each of them, and I could easily see them acting as you portrayed. I liked how the smut was quick and dirty and not at all the typical passionate sex most fan fics have. It was very realistic.
thatdrncat chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
That was really quite well done! I would have thought that these two would be difficult to pair together, but you made a class act out of it, as far as a 'Deadwood' fanfiction could got to be 'classy'...
Jes chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
This is so well written it could be canon. The dialog is perfect, especially Al's; everything he said I was hearing in Ian McShane's voice. The reactions, the way it played out: made of awesome.

Thanks for a great story.
arllama chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
This was a truly wonderful story. The pacing, the word choice, the characterizations were all spot on. You captured the feel of the series while expanding the world to realistically incorporate this missing scene.

I just started watching Deadwood, but this story will have me watch it with new eyes. Thank you!
MidnightBlue88 chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
Wow, that was excellent. I was a little wary of the AlSeth pairing since I don't know that I'm a big fan of Deadwood slash, but it was so well played that I'm glad I gave it a shot. You nailed Al's dialogue (my favorite was "Like I said-something classy...we want to exhibit some good fucking taste, right?"), and both guys were so in character.

I love how the Reverend weighed so heavily on their minds and how they continued to think about him even after the sex. Both men's reactions were incredibly poignant. I loved Al's anger at Seth's horror at finding out what he'd done, and I loved Seth remembering the Reverend's words about how the piano music helped sooth his headaches. I think you handled that situation really well. I felt like the point of the story was the two of them dealing with the Reverend's death and not the two of them having sex, and that was probably why I enjoyed it so much. The Reverend was one of my favorite characters on the show, and it was nice to see a story dealing with the aftermath of his death, especially with Al.

Anyway, really amazing job. I hope you write more Deadwood fan fiction. :)