Reviews for No Little Charity
Brighid45 chapter 11 . 8/2/2013
LMAO!

Excellent epilogue. Nice choice of music too.

*bows to superior writing* THANK YOU for the best fic I've read in ages.
Brighid45 chapter 10 . 8/2/2013
While it was foolish and cruel (in a way) for Wilson to do this, it's going to benefit both him and House in the long run. It's tough seeing House take on his pain, but this time he chose it-as Wilson said, there's a big difference. And Wilson chose to give it up, too.
Brighid45 chapter 9 . 8/2/2013
There couldn't be a better illustration of House and Wilson's friendship than this chapter. The back-and-forth, the laughter and the arguments, the way they understand the real person beneath the mask . . . and that final scene. Just perfect. (Glad there's more though!)
Brighid45 chapter 8 . 8/2/2013
*head in hands*
You're making me want to climb into this story and grab these two knuckleheads and bang their lame brains together until they both see stars. GAH.

Caroline's right-intent shapes action. And it probably didn't help to have Cameron deliver the tea, either.

On to the next chapter. It'll be interesting to see Wilson's reaction to what's just happened with House, to say the least.
Brighid45 chapter 7 . 8/2/2013
Aw, dangit. You got me with that last scene. *sigh* Argh. Now my heart's aching and the angst is awful. I love it. :)

Of course House would figure it out, it was just a matter of time. What's interesting to me is his relentless need to take back the pain. He has accused John House and Cameron both of having an insane moral compass, but his own standards would make an Old Testament prophet weep with envy. For someone who can see shades of grey so well, his self-judgment is pure black and white.

Excellent chapter.
Brighid45 chapter 6 . 8/2/2013
I laughed myself sick all the way through this, though there was some sympathy for Wilson's poor little gnome. And that last line is perfect. It's tough finding cripple heavens, so House redeemed his idiocy to some extent. Nice digs too. Princeton's not a bad place as university towns go. Besides, it has the Record Exchange and Nassau Street. What more could you want? :D
Brighid45 chapter 5 . 8/2/2013
*sigh* Gregory House and James Evan Wilson, you two deserve each other. For two smart men, you're both complete plonkers.
Brighid45 chapter 4 . 8/2/2013
Oh boy . . . nice allusion to 'Merry Little Christmas', with House doing the walking out this time. Complex situation, with Wilson causing more pain than he realizes-House's pain is not just physical, and breaking his last bond of trust is comparable to the surgery after the blood clot. Wilson's got a lot more to answer for now. Powerful chapter.
Brighid45 chapter 3 . 8/2/2013
You have the chronic pain experience down cold. Nice to see Wilson getting his first real taste of what it's like to live with pain that's always there, even on narcotics. How you have to manage your energy, your steps, learn to deal with handedness, everything.

And yes, pain is a living presence, and she can be a cruel, unforgiving monster who never forgets or forgives.

Love the 'driving lessons' at the end. More of House's rough compassion combined with semi-enlightened self-interest, *chuckle* Love this.
Brighid45 chapter 2 . 8/2/2013
Loved every moment of this. It's excellent, and it's a wonderful riff on the run to Cuddy's place after the ketamine, and the dialogue is classic House/Cuddy, beautifully written. The last two lines are pure hidden-compassion House, too. Great chapter.
Brighid45 chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Wow. Just . . . wow. This is so good, you had me holding my breath in all the right places.

It's so good to see someone writing about the Old Magick in a way that isn't patronizing, cutesy or funny. It's absolutely IC that Wilson would believe Caroline when she finally tells him the truth of the tea ritual. And of course he'd take on House's pain without realizing just what he's in for. (Have to admit, as someone with chronic pain I've often wished other people could experience what it's like for a while.)

You've also written House beautifully IC too. I can hear his voice in my head when I'm reading, always a good sign :) (Well, for me anyway!)

Definitely adding this to my Favorites! I was brought here by BabalooBlue, who always finds good fic to share :)
BabalooBlue chapter 11 . 8/2/2013
Wow. I have almost no words for how much I love this. I know this story is a good few years old by now but I hope you do still read your reviews.

This was excellent! Once I had started I couldn't stop reading, I finished this in one sitting. I wouldn't change a single word in the whole story, it's SO well written.
I've often wondered how things would be between House and Wilson if Wilson really KNEW how House lived every single day. If he could relate better. You've taken that thought and run with it. And it's a marvellous story. Many, many thanks for writing this, it goes straight into favourites.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 11 . 9/4/2012
What a terrific journey...
Visitkarte chapter 10 . 1/20/2010
This is absolutely a beautiful story. It's strange how you managed to keep the characters so very IC and still write this as convincingly as you did it. Thank you!
kurikim chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
I love this story, I find myself coming back to re-read it absurdly often. :]