Reviews for In the Flesh
Hiniwalay chapter 1 . 10/16/2018
Dang
Amanthya chapter 1 . 11/24/2017
If AtLA had been allowed to be even more mature than it already impressively was for a "kids" show, we would have seen this moment in canon. I'm sure of it. And you nailed their characterization. *clap clap clap*
Fireborn101 chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
This was a really amazing look at what could have happened. Wow,
Taryn Myst chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Wowza. Deep and thoughtful. Love it.
vagabond3d chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
I never liked Mai because of trivial reasons, and still don't. But this story was amazing as a 'story'. the characterization of Mai is so twisted (perfect) because of the beautiful, ir/relevant, and cold way she narrates.

You are an amazing author, and I hope you will post up something when the legend of korra comes out
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
pretty epic.

sequel ? xD
Skinny Hippo chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
An apt characterization. This is very much so what I imagine Mai to be like and I'm impressed with your portrayal of her, Ty Lee and Sokka. I really liked the part about Mai having to imagine Azula with her mother for her, and I especially enjoyed your insights into Ty Lee and Sokka. Your description of how Ty Lee and Mai knew and loved Azula was pure poetry; the writing style you took on there was simply beautiful. Sokka was done so well too - people often play down how clever and calculating he really is. You are very talented! Thank you for sharing, and have a great day
iamnuff chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
wow.
Lythya chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
Oh, wow, it's very beautiful! And the moment with Sokka and Mai at the end was intriguing as well.

The whole thing with Ty Lee and Mai knowing Azula's good parts in fragments, or the hints of her maybe having good parts, was wonderfully written, and just as I imagine their relationship.
Bikami chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Wow. That was... wow...
marora chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
A flourisher hidden in the guise of a survivor.

Truly a beautiful line. You have remarkable talent. And I like that someone gives Sokka love, as other than just a goofball. He's really quite cold compared to the moralistic kids that are the rest of the Gaang.
NarcolepticMe chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
The paragraph you wrote on Ty Lee crying after Azula's death- it's beautiful. It's seems to almost be a soft kind of poetry; solemn, but still glowing. I'm really starting to love your writing style. :)
The One And Only Lobster chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
This was just incredible.

*A spoiler for the finale if you have not seen it yet follows. Read the review after you've seen the finale, please, not before.*

It would have been cleaner if it had ended this way, would it not? Oh well. Reading this triggered the music of "The Last Agni Kai" in my head either way- which is an accomplishment. That music seems to be already intrinsically linked in my brain with the downfall of Azula (so go Track Team). But this is the first fic since the finale that triggered it absolutely. It was a fic worthy of the excellent score.

One typo: "heaving breathes" ought to be "heaving breaths."

Anyway, this was amazing and is going on my favorites list. Good work.
voodoobuddha chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Wow. Just... Wow.
Some Scribbles chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
I think what I liked most about this was the connection that you established with Mai and Sokka at the end. Something about that is so very right. Well done.