Reviews for Blind
ParadiseAvenger chapter 68 . 2/9/2014
You know, for a show that preaches about how important teammates are and how people that desert their friends are lower than scum, they certainly have a lot of morons that charge off on their own. I would have thought Sakura was at least smart enough to bring Naruto with her. Let bringing Sasuke back be a Team Seven thing. Let her bring Kakashi, too, but no... just like Sasuke, she goes off alone. What happened to all the lessons and speeches about teamwork? Anyway, I shall quietly complain my way to the next chapter. It's too late to quit now.
ParadiseAvenger chapter 67 . 2/9/2014
Ugh, and thus we've come full circle... The only thing different was that Sasuke spent some time talking to a cat like an egghead. Jeez, I hate this. I hope it redeems itself from this in the next chapter because I was really hoping to avoid this whole scene, even though I knew it was coming and even though it contained a kiss. I thought it was unbelievably stupid for Sasuke to leave the first time and now he's going to try it a second time even after everyhing. I don't even think throwing a demon at him will be enough to knock some sense into him. He seriously needs to be chained to his bed for the rest of his life and people should get to throw peanuts at him. Anyway, I've complained enough. I shall go read the next chapter while muttering only to myself.
ParadiseAvenger chapter 61 . 2/8/2014
Fun fact: a small percentage of people look at only the first and last letter of a word when they read and depend on their brains to accurately tell them what word they are looking at. Because of this, the other letters in the word can be scrambled any which way and they're still readable for those people. For example, njnia are asomwe! (Ninja are awesome!) If you could understand that, congrats! Now, for a stupid fact: I am one of such people that read like that. Sometimes, when I look at Sasuke and Sakura's names, I read it as "Starts with S and ends in a vowel" but my brain will pick the wrong name and I'll have to reread the sentence...

I think I forgot to comment earlier, but I'm really glad Sasuke didn't just outright thrash the competition in the Exam. That would have been kind of cliché and lame. So, I loved that!

But in this chapter, my god... I swear if Sasuke leaves in the middle of the night to go hunt Itachi AGAIN, I will flip out and throw something. That incident is what made me stop reading the manga to begin with. It was just so dumb and so annoying! (Although I'm so close to the end of this story, that I wouldn't quit now even if that happened.) I just wanted to express my frustration for his stupidity. I think you understand.

Kudos to you for a continually great story!
ParadiseAvenger chapter 58 . 2/8/2014
You know, one of the things I used to really liked about Naruto (as weird as it may seem) was his Sexy Jutsu. (I wish that was something that stayed in the series up to Shippuden.) It's just so odd and totally left-field, but I think it would work on most people. I mean, I know I'd stop dead if a naked person sudden streaked in front of me. Naked people tend to stop the whole world from turning, even unattractive ones. It was doubly clever to have it be of Sakura and be used on Sasuke. (I'll admit it... I half-expected him to have a nosebleed and lose because he loves her deep in his black heart...) So, hilarious and oh-so awesome! Kudos to you!
ParadiseAvenger chapter 56 . 2/8/2014
On the mention of cats, I had to stop in the middle of the previous chapter because my cat squeezed behind the refrigerator. I had to call my dad to help me get her out... Grr!

I love (and hate) how Nariko is giving Itachi a heart. (Someone told me that way later in the manga, he actually turns out to be a good guy who killed the whole Uchiha clan for some good reason and had to be a traitor so Sasuke could live in peace. Or something like that... I don't really know. I stopped reading Naruto a long time ago, but rumors spread among nerds.) I want to hate Itachi, but I feel like you want me to like him so I'm just going to roll with it.

Still a great story, still more kudos!
ParadiseAvenger chapter 53 . 2/8/2014
I need a tissue. Pardon me... Okay, that's better. I think it might be my fascination with ghosts, but I cried the whole time Sasuke was talking to his mother. I loved the inclusion of the spirit cat and the fact that he was in his rundown house. Little details like that make segments of a story like this so much better. It was so realistic and the perfect peek into Sasuke's past and future, if that makes sense to you.

(And this is totally unrelated to you, your writing, and your story, but I feel the need to complain just a little bit... I am SO SICK of these kids with demons in them being horrendously tormented and ignored in Naruto! What the hell is wrong with people? I think someone with an all-powerful demon inside them would be a great friend and they always turn out to be awesome once people give them a dang chance! Look at Naruto, look at Gaara, and now Yugito! It just annoys the ever-loving hell out of me! What is the major malfunction of the writer of Naturo? Would it kill them to let just ONE of these demon-kids have a nice happy past where people loved and accepted them? That would be such a nice SURPRISE!)

Anyway... I really liked Yugito (even though I stopped reading Naruto after Shippuden started and it became clear that it was NEVER going to end) even though I don't really know who she is. I think the demon vessels are super cool and this was a great way to implement her character. Kudos to you!
ParadiseAvenger chapter 50 . 2/8/2014
Having now learned that you planned for Sakura's dad to escape Akatsuki and yet still be missing for several months more, the timeline makes a little more sense. But now, I'm filled with new questions...

I understand why Akatsuki kept him as a prisoner because they lost Jiraiya and that their pride was injured when he got away. I understand all that, but... Akatuki obviously knew that Sakura's dad was Sakura's dad. Itachi even said his name when he introduced him to Nariko. (And Itachi has to know Sakura is with Naruto and Sasuke because he just ran into them on the road.) So, aside from once again having their pride injured by his escape, what the heck do they care about him? What could he possibly be able to tell them that they'd care enough to continue to look for him for several months afterwards?

And why would Sakura's dad continue to just hide from them in a nearby location? Wouldn't he high tail it back to Konoha where there are powerful ninja who can protect him? Didn't Kakashi and Anko say they made if back to the village with injured Jiraiya in like a day? Why would he just continue to hang around? Unless you as the author just weren't ready for him to return to the story and had his hiding as a convenience... In which case, I'd suggest a little more work on the timeline for the story, because it is a little weird.

(But only in this little area! It's just with Akatsuki and Sakura's dad where it's so weirdly arranged! That's probably why it's so aggravating to me! Otherwise, this story could be so perfect!)

Anyway, more gushing now. I love this story! I'm glad Sakura's dad is finally back so she can stop being depressed and just get with Sasuke already! Ahem, I mean... Kudos to you!
ParadiseAvenger chapter 48 . 2/7/2014
Sometimes, I feel that flaws in a story don't come to light until it's completed and being read straight through. That said, I'm noticing a flaw... Now, your writing is impeccable. It's detailed with great syntax and diction. The characters are amazing, even the ones I don't like (like Itachi and such) and the original characters (like Kanaye and Nariko). It's all so awesome that it's unfortunate for the one flaw I'm seeing to be so glaring...

It's the timeline.

Several chapters ago, you had that all-Akatsuki chapter in which Nariko learned her fate and freed Sakura's father. Though it was all in one chapter, implying it took place in a short period of time, I know it didn't. It had to have taken at least three days while the demon was sealed and Nariko was given the job of watching Haruno. Meanwhile, we come back to Sasuke and Sakura and no time seems to have passed at all. Normally, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but because we all know Sakura's father is floating around out there somewhere, free and on his way home, it becomes weird. Especially when Sakura's depression is still a focal point and her mother is talking about how she expects her husband to be dead. (I'm sure it's not very noticeable when the updates are spread over a few weeks, but when read straight through, it becomes a major timeline flaw.)

My suggestion for this would be to break up parts of Sakura and Sasuke's sections with the parts of Nariko's story that are happening around the same time. Your readers also probably wouldn't mind the Akatsuki parts as much if they didn't come in whole chapters and instead came in bits as they were relevant. (You probably are wary to break up chapters since I gleaned from your Author's Notes that you write some scenes completely and ahead of time. They probably feel complete to you that it'd be weird to alter them.)

I know this story is really complete and has been for a long time so I don't expect you to change anything here, but I thought I'd let you know so you could watch out for your timeline getting a little weird in the future.

(Now, allow me to gush a little bit...) This is such a great story! I love it! The fluff is so fluffy and the angst is so awesome! The pacing is epic and understandable for fellow writers (even if impatient readers don't get it)! Kudos to you!
ParadiseAvenger chapter 35 . 2/7/2014
I think this is where I stopped reading the first time I found this story. (I have no patience to wait for updates and ninety percent of fanfiction writers don't finish their stories anyway so I try not to get too attached. Imagine my delight when I recalled reading such a good story about Sasuke being blind, managed to find it again, and also discovered that it was complete!) Nothing's going to stop me from finishing it this time!
ParadiseAvenger chapter 5 . 2/6/2014
I laughed so hard through the entirety of Sasuke's humiliation. (A few years ago, some sharp bits of debris from the lawnmower flung itself into my eyes and I had to keep them closed for about a day so they could heal. I did practically the same thing, except I didn't fall through a garden or trip over nurses. But I discovered the wall and rushed about with my hand on it, all proud of myself, and then it was gone and I fell on my dumb face. Then, I had to admit I needed help...) I can just imagine Sasuke in all his pride being such a egghead and then losing it when he fell in a rosebush! Hahaha! Kudos to you!
Guest chapter 69 . 2/3/2014
What Sasuke did reminds me of a scene in Princess Bride where Westly fights the prince and instead of fighting "To the death" he said "To the pain" and the explains:
Westly: "To the pain means that the first thing you lose will be your feet below the ankles, then your hands at the wrists. Next your nose."
"Then my tongue I suppose? I killed you too quickly the last time, a mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight."
"I wasn't finished! The next thing you lose will be your left eye followed by your right.
"And then my ears...I understand! Let's get on with it!"
"Wrong! Your ears you keep and I'll tell you why; so that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness is yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, 'dear God, what is that thing!' will echo in you perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.”
24AbbyS chapter 73 . 2/1/2014
Wow, the extras were hilarious!
And the symbolism...some of it I guessed correctly, but others you listed completely went unnoticed by me! Like the rosebay/oleander bush, for instance.
You're truly an amazing writer. :)
24AbbyS chapter 72 . 2/1/2014
In summary, this story was purely amazing-one of the best fics out there. It was compelling and engrossing, and the characters were simply lovable. I sometimes see this as canon. :) This really deserves a million outta ten. You write stories I can only dream of writing. 'Tis a work of genius! So... I'm gonna read the extras, so bai! Kudos to you and your editor, 'Sidian!
24AbbyS chapter 71 . 2/1/2014
Lol, I cried too!
I knew I shouldn't have grown attached to Nariko! Now I'm bawling on the floor, curling into a little ball...
I loved the scene. Very well written. I'm just sad that the story's coming to a close. XD
Ward Edojawa chapter 63 . 1/30/2014
THIS STORY IS AWSOME 3 I wanted to review when I finished it but I couldn't wait.. I'm currently on chapter 55 .. actually a Dont know how to describe this story I just.. LOVE IT DATTEBAYO 3333
Ya know obsidiansickle you should really become a very famous writer.. Seriously ur imagination is simply AMAZING. And ur ability to put up a good plot and a rich topic is STARTLING.. In my opinion you're a really good writer and I respect that talent.. Best wishes for you is all I can say 3
8,205 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »