Reviews for The Rising of the Sun
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Nice - and I think you balanced it just fine. Alan and Margaret were secular and non- practising Jews and I think it's funny folks criticize you when you are so clearly Jewish yourself. My family also Jewish and not overly practising. We have a Christmas/ Hanukkah tree every year!
Cutter12 chapter 2 . 8/12/2012
Though a couple of times it slipped into being Christian, I did like how you acknowledged Alan's religion and explained why he was having a Christmas party. Alan & Don's mushy scene was cute. Thanks for writing this.
Cissyaliza chapter 2 . 12/26/2010
Short but very good fic... Thanks
Kazuki Landen chapter 2 . 10/1/2008
I loved the whole 'Larry and the mistletoe' thing. This was really good, but I'm now feeling irritatingly christmas-y. I keep finding myself singing 'the holly and the ivy'.
masondixon chapter 2 . 3/21/2008
I don't understand why Jewish characters are celebrating Christmas instead of Hanukkah. Same story but an actual Jewish holiday. Perhaps if you were reading it from a Jewish person's view you would see how uncomfortable this is to read. I could not imagine someone writing a gentile character celebrating a Jewish holiday. I haven't seen it done yet. That's my opinion.

Thank You.
Once Upon A Twilight chapter 2 . 7/13/2007
ohmg. LOL! by turns hilarious and somber, i am now reviewing yet another fabulous piece by lisa paris. ] oh yes; & i especially liked this part:

"I really wish I owned Don."

LOLOLOLOL ! don't we all...
Stellarsiren chapter 2 . 7/1/2007
ROTFL with "give him a wide berth..." in regards to Larry! I love it!
annie chapter 2 . 4/27/2007
Another good story. Hope you have lots of ideas left, because I love your stories.
starfleetofficer1 chapter 2 . 2/4/2007
This is awesome! Nice work!
Cascade Waters chapter 2 . 2/3/2007
That was really sweet!

fc
TangledPencils chapter 2 . 2/3/2007
Nice story, well done.
nonamej chapter 2 . 2/3/2007
yeah, i really like your story! How about an other Don-whumping - alan concern- story? that would be great!
L. Burke chapter 2 . 2/3/2007
I loved this line...

“Hush, Donnie.” Alan touched Don’s face tenderly. Lovingly. For the moment, he had him just where he wanted him. Soon enough, things would revert back to normal, and Don would be his resilient FBI son.

Wonderful job, Lisa!
vbatzka chapter 2 . 2/3/2007
Yea! The way the men deal with sentiment is just how they do it on the screen, understated and with a touch of humor. I'll take Don under that mistletoe anytime. Nice work.
TangledPencils chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
Great start, looking forward to the next chapter, please continue soon.