Reviews for The Beast
MindGeek chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Holy crap! That was so emotional! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US? It took me a little while to understand it fully and get a grasp of when/where this was, but when I did finally get it, the tears came. WHY YOU DO THIS?

On a better note, I found it pretty interesting that you The Shadow and The Beast/The Man in place of their names. For me added an element of distancing the reader from the characters to build a foreboding sense of doom. It was really pretty interesting.
BornBlindtoBeauty chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
omg! that was so sad! DX i wanna cry! :'('
TitanNegro chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
THAT was sad dude ó.Ò
Somewhere In Time chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
That was...deep. I know this is a bit late for a review, but I'm reviewing anyways.

It was actually very touching, and the distant point of view works very well for the story. It adds to the mysterious and uncertainty of the whole theme.

I think I know who "the one that hides in the dark, the one that shines like the sun, and the one who is trapped in an unfeeling body" is. :D
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
I liked it. I like your use of language and capitalization of certain words: it gave the fic a sort of surreal feeling. This phrase irked me a bit: "You must find altar." Overall, a nice read.
Arkan9 chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
You're right, this IS sad. I love it, though, and it's definitely an interesting look at it. It's short, but you've managed to set the scene in only a few words, without explicitly spelling out the situation.

I like how you just called them The Beast/The Man and The added well to the overall tone.

Nicely done. It's fine as a oneshot, but some sort of continuation or expansion might be nice. :)