Reviews for There's no better Present than a Future
He will knock four times chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
*slow clap* ok I haven't even read the entirety of chapter one and just the way it is written makes me believe I am reading something from the great terry pratchet himself. It actually feels like one of the books in the series.
It's sensible in the nonsensical way you would expect from the book. The characters and the writing tangents are fantastic.

Even better is that it is a story with Susan stohelit who is my absolute favorite and Teatime who is my second favorite.

Well done. Hats off and all of that.
yay chapter 11 . 10/21/2012
The inclusion of the lords and ladies with susan is original.
She Who Shines chapter 10 . 3/27/2010
Wow; I've just finished re-reading your story and it's even better than I remembered. I hadn't figured out how to subscribe to stories when I'd first seen this one, so I had the vague hope that maybe you'd updated... but no, though be there no more it was still fantastic with Teatime all crazy and cool, Susan all on top of things, and Death trying really, really hard (but not quite *getting* it). It's funny, but in most stories involving Teatime and Susan, Teatime is usually the one in power. In this one, however, Susan is the one on top. It's a bit of twist - though I really wouldn't want to be Susan when 'god doggie' boy comes around with that crazed grin of his. And I will expect to read that sometime soon, because if you don't update life just ain't worth living. I mean really - this story is too cool to leave unfinished; it really is. So PLEASE do, for all us poor readers who just love your work.
She Who Shines chapter 11 . 1/14/2010
Wow-this is a great story. Please, please, PLEASE could you post another chapter soon? I love Teatime and Susan and Crew, and this was so much fun to read (especially when Teatime did that flip and held his dagger up against Susan-it was SO COOL). I'd so love to read more from this fic-and I'll keep checking, so you keep writing!
Moonphase chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
hey, umm, are you still writting this story? 'Cause I really like it :) Its my fave discworld fan fiction, so, keep writting it if you can, please and thank you :)
Moonphase chapter 11 . 7/7/2009
he-he.

God doggies...

It did say in Hogfather that he liked dogs...

aside from the one he brutally murdered I suppose.

One problem with HF is that Teatime died at the end. He's such a scary character. And cute too , blonde curls indeed...
ahbuggrit chapter 11 . 7/5/2009
OMG, you're back at last! I'm so happy :D

Can't wait to read your next chapter. Where's Twyla and GAwain? And of course, the wonderful Mr. Teatime?

I really like this chapter and will be waiting for moreXD

Update soon please.

MillieBee chapter 11 . 7/5/2009
Fantastic chapter! You've kept in beautifully with Pratchett's style - twisting up comedy and fantasy and mystery all into one. :)

You managed to make me laugh out loud, which is EXACTLY what this kind of story ought to do! Well done!

And as for the violence at the end ... well, it's necessary to display something horrifying to show how frightening Teatime (I assume it's him) really is. After all, in 'Hogfather', it was stated that he had "nailed Sir George's dog to the ceiling".

So, perfect work! D
Zzee chapter 11 . 7/1/2009
Hullo, m'dear! Your setting of the mood in this chapter is wonderful; you write without bogging down the prose with too many adverbs - which is always refreshing to read - and your imagery is vivid. I'll refrain from praising your wit this time because I think I have mentioned it in every review ever given to one of your stories. (But ... you know ... your wit is awesome.)

One minor nitpick, though: in the first paragraph - including the footnote - your repeated switch in tenses reads a little odd.

Looking forward to the next installment! This time, the wait was only two months, so I expect the same timeframe for Chapter 12 :-))
RedherringorR chapter 10 . 6/27/2009
The NacMac Feegle was a nice impatiently for the next chapter

Best wishes,R
MillieBee chapter 10 . 4/15/2009
This is really, really good! You've kept in with Pratchett's style fantastically (especially the little footnotes!) and you made me laugh all through - just like a Discworld story should.

Please keep it up, I'm really interested in this one!
ahbuggrit chapter 10 . 4/8/2009
Another really good chapter. Poor susan got back at Teatime.

Looks like Twyla has caught on to the evil Queen.

Will the NacMac Feegle help the kids out?

Is susan and Teatime going to meet with them? or will there be a diversion?

how is Death finding his religion-promoting job?

please update soon!

ahbuggrit chapter 7 . 4/8/2009
Yay! I love it when Teatime goes after Susan. I don't really know why.

Great chapter. You portrayed Teatime brilliantly.

Poor gods. what are they going to do?

ahbuggrit chapter 5 . 4/8/2009
lol, Death is the perfect religious converter. So ironic.

Teatime is back! Woot.

the Queen of the Elves is so evil. Gawain and Twyla just accepted what she said after all the time they spent with Susan. Tut,tut,tut.

Really great, enjoyable fic. You've got a really descriptive writing style that enables clear visions and sound.

ahbuggrit chapter 3 . 4/8/2009
Very funny story, particularly this chapter. I can just imagine Albert doing that._ lols.

I really like how you have interpretted Death. Quite similar to Terry Pratchett (whom I worship :D).

You've got a very well thought out plot and it is invigorating and interesting and well written. Thank you!