Reviews for Drops of Jupiter
Whirlwind Daze chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
AH!

I"M SORRY!

I didn't know that there was another animorph story called "Drops of Jupiter" I'm sorry!

I just got the title from my favorite song!

Again, sorry!
DragonShadow chapter 2 . 4/19/2009
I'm about as unfamiliar with Animorphs as a person can be, so reading this was like walking in on the last 5 minutes of a 3 hour long movie. There was enough exposition on events that I didn't get completely lost by it, but still it probably lacks the emotional punch that it might have had if I was remotely familiar with it. Might've been a better idea to read a stand-alone story rather than an ending to a story I never read.

Anyway, the construction of this story seemed really solid, the prose was good even though I've never been a big fan of the first-person narrative. I... really don't have much to critique on the writing except that you might have wanted to keep a better eye out for distracting typos. Oh, and find a replacement symbol for those HTML symbols, you need SOMETHING separating this mindspeak from the narrative.

The plot seemed pretty okay, though there was virtually no exposition on "Chapman" telling me who he is or why Jake felt it was okay to threaten to take his head off. I don't know, something also struck me as contrived about the fact that the heroes' plan just went too bloody smoothly. There was really never any tension or doubt that everything would work out in the end. Being unfamiliar with the series, I don't know if this was part of the original story or something you added, but a good climax typically comes with a lot of struggle on the heroes' part, but it seemed like the plan went off really easily with Jake sacrificing his life for no good reason. Did he HAVE to kill Tom? It said in the narrative he knew Tom would let him go if he released his hold, he just chose to kill them both for the sake of meaningless bravado or something.

The story felt emotionally kind of empty to me. There was no beginning, which makes sense since this was a rewrite of an ending, and there was very little struggle until the last fight. While that fight was well-written, it also seemed too easily won. I know Rhino's are pretty tough, but taking on a bear, a crocodile, and three lions simultaneously was pushing it a bit. Especially since it seemed like the lions and crocodile decided to wait their turn and strike one-at-a-time in classic Video Game style instead of swarming and overwhelming with sheer numbers. Unless you're trying to tell me it took three lions like 45 seconds to move five feet.

Good writing, good prose, I can definitely see some emotional impact and I probably would have felt it if I'd come in some time before the big finale, but there are just a couple of things that maybe could have been ironed out a bit.
Kaisong chapter 2 . 2/25/2008
Beautiful. I loved it. Your writing style is amazing- and the way you've plotted it is just...just to good to be true. The ending was perfect, the way both of them were killed. Perfect. Keep up the good work!

-Kaisong.
SouthrnBelle chapter 2 . 12/10/2007
I LOVE the way you redid this. I always felt that KA shouldn't have killed Rachel and instead she should have sent Jake to kill Tom. You wrote this perfectly...you wrote it the way the series should've ended. Great job :-)
Rawiyah-Taliesin chapter 2 . 4/16/2007
Wow...I'm speechless! Poor Jake...
Freidon chapter 2 . 3/30/2007
You know, to be honest, I like your ending better than Applegate's. Keep up the great work, you really are a magician with wrapping stories up.
Bryan chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
It's been a LONG time since I read the Animorphs, not since i was a kid. But you've done an excellent job here. The fight seemd a little too easy though. The fight against Tom was better, but it SEEMED like he didn't have to struggle enough. When you fight like that, it's either everything you've got or nothing. Other than that I enjoyed it. Good work
animorph19 chapter 2 . 2/3/2007
this wonderful story is how the series should have ended! bravo to you!
Mrowrkat98 chapter 2 . 2/2/2007
. This is great! Well thought out, well written. Deserves ten stars out of five. The only critique is that it seems almost too similar to the book at a couple parts, like the part where Rachel says "Jake, GO!" But on the other hand, that is a good use of irony. Great use of the friendship between Jake and Marco, it almost made me cry. (Yes, I'm a wimp.)

Only a couple gramatical errors and some spelling (Probably from typing really fast.)Keep up the good work!

KIWI
ArrowSphere chapter 2 . 2/2/2007
Wow... I'm speechless. This was a wonderful and believable alternate ending to the series. You have no idea how happy you've made me. _ It's hard to come by a good Animorphs story anymore.
Quillian chapter 2 . 2/2/2007
What? That's it? Over already? Oh well... but it was wonderful all the same! :)
Quillian chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
Hm, interesting start, I like this already. :) (Also, I see you named it after the song by Train.)