Reviews for Reduction
Moon-Diva chapter 6 . 12/24/2013
Wow, wonderful read! I thoroughly enjoyed every word of your story. I feel you really captured Tonks and Remus very well. Loved your characterizations and I found your mix of flashbacks with the present storyline to be very effective.
aurora-inked chapter 2 . 11/9/2013
This is one of the best RLNT angst fics out there, and it has thirteen bloody reviews. Well. The injustice of it all!

Thank you for providing me with my daily dose of beautiful, haunting, angsty and sad RemusxTonks. Please don't stop writing.
Sophinna chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Thank you so much, this story is brilliant. It is so true to the books and I feel that it truly captures Tonks' emotions and feelings. Amazing, I absolutely loved it.
Kitten Kisses chapter 6 . 3/18/2012
For the most part, this story is really, really great. I liked Rowena, and I was sad to see her die. And Tonks's glum behavior was just extremely fitting. You did great with her.

So then my only quibble is that Remus says he hates her hair. I could see how he might hate what it represents, but it is her natural color, and I can't imagine him actually saying he hates it. XD

Anyway, lovely story. It turned out really well.
iamselena chapter 6 . 3/4/2011
One of my absolute favorites. :) Really. Fantastic job. :)
Melpomene blue chapter 6 . 7/5/2007
Very good. You've spun a good tale of the between times, very believable and in character.
Sundarii chapter 6 . 6/4/2007
oh man, that was awesome. seriously. remus and tonks were so realistic, in their errors and selfishness, in their basic humanity. i enjoyed this very much. please continue the good work!
Sariii chapter 6 . 4/16/2007
I never actually cared much for the R/T ship because it had very little to do with H/G. It was just one of those accepted couplings of novels that you don't question. But this fic is really beautifully written, as both a smutty piece and a character study. It definitely shows a more serious side that wasn't really dealt with in Canon. Love it!
krumfan chapter 6 . 2/20/2007
This is gonna be a short review caz I'm sleepy, but this was a brilliant wonderfully written story, from a unique point of view. I don't think I've read a RT from this point-of-view.

Wonderfully done.
Gilpin chapter 6 . 2/14/2007
I've been reading this chapter by chapter in my spare moments and was hooked from the start. I really liked how you didn't mess around but spelt out straight away that what Tonks wanted was to "grow old with someone she loves, bear children and watch them grow into teenagers and adults and maybe have children of their own. She wants the constant ache that exists when you love so deeply..." and then show us that being so near to having exactly that, and then losing it in the way she does, is extremely difficult to cope with. And that's if you're not living in extremely stressful times where people die around you.

My favourite part of this was that both Remus and Tonks behave badly and are unsympathetic at times; not only did it give it all an air of realism, but it made those flashbacks where we see just what they could have had all the more hard-hitting, and made me root for them to get back again. I also thought you judged the ending just right - too happy would have undone all the rest, too bleak wouldn't have made me think that it would be damn hard work, but they might just make it because they'd learnt from what they'd done to each other. Which was just what I - and Tonks - needed.

This was extremely well done and thought-provoking throughout. I'm very glad I read it. :)
Lady Bracknell chapter 6 . 2/5/2007
I really liked this.

I don't read much R/T angst because I find most of it so overblown it reads more like a melodramtic kitchen sink drama than something that really does justice to the seriousness of the times they live in and their situation, but I thought this was pegged just right. I really liked how sparsely written it was - it allowed their situation and the little hints at quite how bad they both feel to speak for themselves, and it's refreshing to read something like that.

I loved the flashbacks to happier times - it makes the loss more potent to know that there was a time when they were both happy, before circumstances allowed doubt that they had had what they thought they had to fester, and I thought the nods to various miscommunications were very well placed.

I really liked the resolution, too, how it's actually nothing of the sort, just an admission that this is something they'd both like to work on having again, and how it's definitely going to take time, but Tonks has got hope that it'll work out - it's a really nice place to leave things.
thepathchoosesthewalker chapter 6 . 2/4/2007
this is truly an awesome story. the emotions and situations are real, raw, and powerful. i especially like how you included the other aurors in the story, b/c often they are only mentioned in passing. great job!
rumor and sigh chapter 6 . 2/3/2007
It was great to see your latest work, and how you continued themes from your earlier stuff. The dynamics between Remus and Tonks and the story of Tonks' life on her own really touched me a lot. You mentioned that some of the inspiration for writing this was personal, and I suspect you touched a personal chord with a lot of your readers. Thanks for writing such a rich, dynamic, not-always easy relationship so well.
Lady Anck-su-namun chapter 6 . 2/3/2007
Aw what a great story - Iliked it!
Bardlover chapter 6 . 2/3/2007