Reviews for Drunks, Lovers, Sinners, & Saints
Canada chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
finish! pleeeeease :(
harumad chapter 5 . 2/17/2012
Oh Please finish this or you will feel my wrath!
RayanneQuewezance chapter 5 . 3/31/2010
Hands down best story iv read so far and i really look forward to you finishing it. :)
QWE chapter 5 . 2/28/2010
Wow... I know you probably wont update... thinking its been about three years... But UPDATE... Awesome story
QWE chapter 3 . 2/28/2010
I am really digging your stories... GOOD Shit
Bob chapter 5 . 7/9/2009
Woah, you need to finish this. It's sweet!
KB chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
I really enjoy this story so far and wish you would update! Your writing is great and I really like the way you put lyrics into different parts of the story.
fini5 chapter 5 . 12/14/2008
i know its been way over a year now (almost two...sort of) since you have updated this, but i am still hanging on to a shred of hope that you will. the way you write these characters is amazing, and you show a side of alex that we never experienced on tv, but I always thought was there. the way you finished the last chapter left me wanting so much more (what do they call it? oh, that's right, a cliffhanger).

i really have no concrete, valid suggestions as to where to take this, except that i hope one day you will, and it will be in the form of palex at alex's place as the last chapter suggested.

or maybe you could kill someone. but that might be too obvious. though i think you have the talent to pull it off if you do wish to go that route.
sabie15 chapter 5 . 10/27/2007
wow what a cliffhanger im so excited to see what will happen next

Post More Soon
Doesn'tMeanMuch chapter 5 . 10/18/2007
Who, and there's the mind blower.

In retrospect, Ellie and Alex aren't that different and they could work, but that was totally unexpected and slightly "all my children" of you. I mean that in the best way possible.

Again, you get into these characters like no one else, and it's amazing, and I love how Paige was jealous. That's so...Paige, y'know?

Of course you know...

This hiatusing thing, I don't think it's going to work out too well.

We're going to have to change that.

Doesn'tMeanMuch chapter 4 . 10/18/2007
And there you go.

You threw them together in the most honest way yet.

Paige and Alex, unlike Jay and Alex, do not work because of obligation. They work because the care about each other. Case and point, Alex snuffing out her cigarette. Beautiful little detail showcasing how much of a grip Paige has over her.

"...Like in the stories Grandpa read to her before he Went Away." That line hit me all too hard, but I don't really know why. It's so insignificant, but the way you put emphasis on those last two words made it hurt. Such a little detail that made this all the more real for me.

Again, beautiful beautiful writing but I never expect anything less.

Doesn'tMeanMuch chapter 3 . 10/18/2007
Intense.

This chapter alone should be reason enough for you to update, because you can't just give us info like that, with somebody who seems relatively important dying and Alex shot, and leave it hanging.

That is just downright harsh.

But beautiful writing though, the way you wave backstory, flashback, and awkward conversation between Alex and Jay all together into this...enigma.

Paige does seem like a stress-walker huh? I totally see that too. She's one of those people who has to do something, and avoid thinking to work things out, only to realize she hasn't worked anything out.

"She was ashamed of the relief that set in the moment he left."

I love that line. It seems like that's how she's spending this whole time at home, relieved when she's finally alone and not thrown into uncomfortable situations.

Loved it, as usual.

Doesn'tMeanMuch chapter 2 . 10/18/2007
Hehe, I had a friend, who was completely and totally obsessed with Al Capone. She had the whole big shady Sicilian family thing going for her, and she'd pull the gangster shit all the time. We called her Capone.

Memories huh? That girl's gotten me beat up too many times and into too much trouble, but she 's still my best (and probably only) friend to this day.

Anyways, now that I'm done with memory lane,

I love how you balance this thing. First you've got that dark as fuck Alex storyline, and then the kind of happy and awkward excitement Paige's having about coming home. It's like first you knock me down and then you help me back up. Kind of a sweet and sour thing going on.

Poor Jay though, the guy's been trashed. I loved the backstory, you've clearly given it thought, and it sounds cool as hell. Exactly what I'd want to read.

and "...‘that other Michalchuk kid’..."

...you got me laughing again there. That is how I have always seen him. Just the big blonde gay kid in the back who happens to be Paige's brother.

Awesome awesome job,

Doesn'tMeanMuch chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
I am a procrastinator.

That is my only excuse for never reviewing this, but hey, better late than never huh?

Ok, well, nose to the grindstone now I guess, I'll get down to the actual review.

That was the best cliffhanger beginning. Ever.

With Jay and Alex, and you writing it, it had all the makings for perfection, and believe me, you achieved perfect status.

Jay and Alex's relationship, in my own warped opinion, feeds off of this obligation to each other. There are some people in life that you keep around because you've got have someone whose always got your back, and Jay is that for Alex.

You got that, and explained it, which I have to love you for.

It never ceases to amaze me at how well you can develop a character. It's like, you can get into their head, pick their brains, and write exactly, down to the fuckin wire, what they would do in a certain situation. Paige and her pothead roomate? That was awesome.

The ending, funny stuff man.

Damn this was good.

How was that for making up for taking months to review? This review is huge.

Anon chapter 5 . 9/30/2007
So has this hiatus become a permanent one, or is there something the unwashed masses can do to convince you to return? Cause I'm loathe to fall for stories that then get dropped, but this one is a pretty enticing proposition, got all kinds of crazy interesting stuff going on and even more hinted at. Certainly something I'd enjoy seeing more of - powerful stuff, O.