Reviews for Reaching for the Impossible
filan vampire chapter 2 . 2/8/2007
this story is great that it is bittersweet, with John's perspective and how Sam really wanted to be Dean when he was young. I love it. Thanks.
carocali chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
I so love how little Sammy was so trusting of his father to catch him. Also how mortified he was when Dean, at 7?, scolded him for running off. It's such an interesting dynamic between these Winchesters and I love how you've captured it.

The brotherly moments are so wonderful in this piece. The fact that Sam is so adamant, so STUBBORN, about wanting freckles is a wonderful characteristic to focus on in little Sammy. It's also true how children are incredibly mean and can cause such damage. These two elements together make an amazing story.

So glad to see you writing and so happy to see a wee!chester fic from you! Beautiful stuff!

Phx chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
Aw - my heart was with John's when Sam just jumped from the shelf, blindly trusting his father to catch him. And Dean's anger, bred out of fear - chilling.

I loved how Dean used this to remind Sam that their father does love Sam for Sam is. And then the POV from John at the end. Perfect.

Excellent story - one that I will recommend.

noname32 chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
Good job, it was so cute, i loved it update soon!
bally2cute chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
There were points that I laughed out loud, but I sobered up pretty damn quick in the end. Man, little kids are some of the meanest, nastiest, clever, fearless, living beings out there. That little monkey would and still will go to any lengths for his Dean. Loved the use of "his Sam" by the way, that says a lot. Where did that little Sam go? Can you use the absence of Mary to compare the personalities that are Sam and Dean? Are those differences just what comes with siblings? Is it because Sam had a Dean? Papa Winchester just wants what's best for his boys, even if it is just survival, but not necessarily life. Big Bad Hunter John Winchester, huh? Did Dean every do anything with ol' Tommy smart ass? I loved, loved this story, just like all your other pieces. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
TraSan chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
Very cute and sweet. I liked it!
1967Impala chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
that was so great! i loved it! little sammy was so adorable! i could see sam doing that, great part about the milkman too! scared him for years after, ha ha! stupid Tommy! nobody messes with sam! after dean gets done with him, i'm next in line! 1967Impala
Marybeth chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
Hi there. I am not a very good commentor but I just had to say Iloved this story. I liked Pappa Winchester too though I was angry at him at the end for not somehow letting Sam know he loved Sam for being Sam.
nocturnal08 chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
yay! So good. Love that feisty sammy and dean and wit's end. Keep writing.
J.A. Carlton chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
Oh Roz you made me tearful~! You evil woman! such a salty sweet combination of love and pain... perfectly measured and metered, and you know I have a soft spot for John the father...

I hate crying and now you've done it! (though I must say I chuckled quite furiously at the concept of Sammy shearing his own hair and poka dotting himself with multi colored permanent markers!

And the heartstopping visual of him so trusting, so certain that John would catch him... that innocent faith in his father! Oh heartstopping brilliance!

Thanks for such a wonderful wee treat! :D

Muchly enjoyed and savored! :D

Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
Oh! Roz, this is adorable. I love the thought of Wee!Sam going all over Walmart looking for freckles. I see little boys like him all the time wandering in the toys section, their moms trying to keep up. Heh.

Oh jeez! Surely you won't let little Sam crawl up fifteen feet of shelving! Never, right? ;D
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
I am SO THRILLED you posted this! YAY!

Oh, poor 9-year-old Sam! He's been held up against his brother too often and in too many ways . . . John should really have known better. After all, there was quite a gap in their ages, and of course Dean is going to be better at just about everything (and for years to come, still). But bless Dean for showing his compassion and trying to get Sam to understand that Dad isn't trying to hurt his feelings (and Dean didn't let his own feelings get hurt, either, which he could have. He put Sam first).

But UH OH! look out for determined 3-year-old Sammy! Naughty boy to wander away at that age, scaring everyone to death! Hope there is a safe and happy resolution.
bally2cute chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
That Sam Winchester is something isn't he? With anything concerning Dean, I'm not really surprised that Sam would go to such lengths even at three. Papa Winchester loves his boys dearly. I could see that here. Dean chasing after his brother in the beginning, wiling to do whatever it took to make whatever better got me right in the chest. I love how the relationships are coming across in this. I can't wait to see how Sam's quest to be just like his big brother turns out.
chocolate rules chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
That was so cute! Sammy wanting his freckles, even though Dean hated them. And Walmart, Oh God!, I can only imagine what it was that Sammy has his eyes set on. LoL. I can just bet him getting caught climbing the shelves, eyes on his prize. And the beginning outrage, was just cute/sad...can't wait til Monday :D

That's it ;)
noname32 chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
good job, i like it alot...update soon!
40 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »