Reviews for Reaching for the Impossible
teal-lover chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
great story. I cant wait to read the rest. little sammy is just so cute.
Phx chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
I have to be honest. When I first read the summary I almost didn't read the story because I thought this was going to be a Sam bashing fic, as unfortunately many are when they mention Sam and stubborn in the same sentence. My first thought was 'uh... what about Dean and John? That whole family is full of stubborn drop dead gorgeous men', lol!

But I am so glad I looked to see who had written it and when I saw it was you - and I have enjoyed your stories in the past - I decided to read it. And I loved it.

It is more Sam's tenancity and determination I see than contrary stubborness :)

What a wonderful chapter. I have often thought that while they were growing up Sam would have felt he could not measure up to Dean. I mean really - who can? LOL! Just the same as Dean can't measure up to Sam either, though I don't think it has ever been an issue for him. That is more a younger sibling frame of mind.

I loved the teasing and then Dean's confusion and determination to find out what was wrong when Sam reacted so strongly to the tormenting. And then this story about the freckles - priceless!

I love John and although I did want to smack him a bit with his impatience towards a toddler Sam, I can also understand his frustration and get the feeling he does genuinely care - so good job!

You write young Winchesers very well. Though I did chuckle and feel a bit bad for John when Sam said he didn't want to be like him :)

I can't wait to read the next chapter!
galadinzel chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
Love it update soon its a great story
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
HEE. Walmart for freckles! I love the way his wee little mind works, all needing those freckles to show he's like Dean. I totally get it, though...when we were kids, my brother broke his arm and I was determined to get myself a matching cast! Fortunately my mother caught on before I could do any real damage... ;)

This is freakin' cute and I'm anxious to see just what wee!Sammy finds in Walmart!

JJ
vaguely amused chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
okay, the story is definitely cute. and thank you for being one of the few people on the internet who can portray kids acting the ae they are (sam's illogic, dean not liking girl's at nine). However, your ages are bizarre. in the header, you have dean at 15 and sam at 9, which is 6 years apart, immediately followed by dean at 7 and sam at 3, which is 4 years apart. how did dean get an extra two years? and in the first section, sam is 9, and then he becomes 10 for 1 line, and then back to 9. Also, dean is 15, and then we flashback 6 years, which should make him 9, but somehow he's 7. what? i am SO confused.
carocali chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
It's so funny how little ones think. And, in a scary way, it makes sense. Why not be allowed to have freckles? And why not be able to go and buy them? Completely logical!

I love that little Sammy is so determined to be like Dean, and NOT his father, that he has to go and prove it by obtaining freckles! And a pig-headed 3-year old is just the one to do it.

Now, how will he find the gap-toothed packaging in his hand? Will he climb or charm the nearest sucker mom into helping him? And what about the present day? Will 7-year old Sammy understand that it's okay to be different?

What a cute little story!

:D

Caroline
1967Impala chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
i love little sam especially the three year old! he so cute! keep up the great work and i can't wait for the next update!
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
Aww...I love the boys when they're young!

And Sam wanting freckles because Dean has them...aww, Sammy! Seems so like him. As much as I love Sam, there is some whiny little brother in him, and a great deal of petulance. It's just a younger sibling thing (at least that's my excuse). I love how you're capturing that here.

Anyway, I love seeing fic from you!
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
Oh Roz~!

IT's a Wee! How can it not be wonderful already! Sammy on a quest for freckles of his very own! Well the memory of it while he comes to grips with being his own person. Wee Angst... even as a ten year old boy trying to live up to his older brother... can't wait for the resolve...

Semi-sweet morsels indeed... just enough bitter to squeeze and pluck at those heartstrings again...

Hope the next chapter's up by monday that would ROCK!

Thanks for a wonderful wake-me-up Roz!

:D